• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

ohlawd

Just got a quick question if I buy a year of ps plus now do I need to wait for my current sub to be done or will the next year only start when my current one ends?
it adds onto it

I subbed on Nov 2013 for a year so it'll end on Nov 2014. I added yet another year so now it says Nov 2015.

jmoe316

Just got a quick question if I buy a year of ps plus now do I need to wait for my current sub to be done or will the next year only start when my current one ends?

It will tack it on the end and extend your current sub. I bought a couple annual cards and have plus until 2017 or something.

The last four orders that I've had through Amazon have all been damaged or otherwise screwed up by UPS (not counting the many times that they've decided not to deliver packages because they claim that my house doesn't exist), and I'm scared that Amazon CS is going to start getting upset by the number of replacements that I've requested.

Has anyone had any trouble from having to constantly replace items at Amazon, and has anyone been able to convince them to use Canada Post for all of their orders?

I think I saw someone in the thread mention they get their stuff sent by normal Post after speaking with customer service? I'm not sure if it's for Canada or US though...

You should probably call Customer Service ASAP, though, with your concerns and before you're due for another shipment to try and find another alternative with UPS if they've been screwing up with you so much. Tell them you're concerned that your package will be lost again and you don't want to make trouble for Amazon too (a lost package is lost profit for them...?) and see if you can get switched to Canada Post that way?

Returners

Does getting an US Amazon Prime automatically get you the Canadian equivalent?

I've been spoiled by Netflix just changing the IP addresses.

Can you even order US prime with a Canadian CC?

Yes, you can order US Prime with any CC anywhere but you won't have access to the video streaming service outside the US unless you screw with the IP/DNS.
And it's a totally different service than the Canadian Prime so you won't get anything here in Canada!

Won a $25 off a $50 purchase at shop.ca. Thanks pizzapizza slice.

No idea what to buy. Gaming section is pretty dry right now.

DJ_Lae

Won a $25 off a $50 purchase at shop.ca. Thanks pizzapizza slice.

No idea what to buy. Gaming section is pretty dry right now.

I've had so many random coupons over the last while for Shop.ca but I missed the only thing I might have purchased - Mario Kart 8.

Their selection is tiny and overpriced for the most part. I dunno, I don't understand how they're still around, to be honest.

Returners

Yes, you can order US Prime with any CC anywhere but you won't have access to the video streaming service outside the US unless you screw with the IP/DNS.
And it's a totally different service than the Canadian Prime so you won't get anything here in Canada!

Yeah I would live with it, I do have a DNS for that. That Amazon Music + Instant Video is pretty good.

I've had so many random coupons over the last while for Shop.ca but I missed the only thing I might have purchased - Mario Kart 8.

Their selection is tiny and overpriced for the most part. I dunno, I don't understand how they're still around, to be honest.

I have only used them once. They had a decent deal on Infamous so I jumped on it. I think people were using them a lot because they offered cashback on purchases. They also tie in with ebates.ca for extra credit.

As we get closer to fall I'm sure they will have a game I can order or something. Coupon expires in November.

ohlawd

man 5 different McD's and I only have Mario and Luigi. Skipped on Yoshi and DK from the 3rd thinking I might fare better from the 4th and 5th

Jinto

Went to Staples earlier today. Picked up Need for Speed Rivals for PS4 and Kid Icarus Uprising for $23 each. Also grabbed the God of War Origins combo pack, which came with a red DS3 for $30.

What I really wanted, however, was a new PS3. My 80GB one is loud and annoys people. Staples had the 250GB one for $180, but that seems pretty steep. I haven't seen any PS3s on sale for a long time.

man 5 different McD's and I only have Mario and Luigi. Skipped on Yoshi and DK from the 3rd thinking I might fare better from the 4th and 5th

Are these the Mario Kart Happy Meal toys? Are you buying them individually or with the meal?

EDIT: Just saw the thread. Looks like they're in Canada, $2 or so individually.

khaaan

individually.

I've gotten looks for buying them by themselves lol

You can do this?

I remember when McDonalds (or maybe it was Burger King) had Pokemon toys the person would let us "pick" but it didn't matter because the toys came in opaque, sealed, plastic bags. Everyone would be feeling up the bags trying to find their favorites.

DJ_Lae

Damn, they charge $2 per toy? I've added on extra ones at various places (mostly Burger King and Wendy's) because my daughters don't each enough to warrant buying two kids' meals.

Burger King charges 75 cents or something and Wendy's usually throws in a second toy for free.

I suppose it would be different if I went in by myself just buying the toys outright.

Jinto

get dem chicken nuggets (4 pcs), small fries and apple juice :3

With BBQ sauce. If soccer wasn't on, I would head there right now. How many different toys are there? I'll order a happy meal and be all like, "Cool, Mario Kart toys. My nephew would love these. Do you sell them individually?"

With BBQ sauce. If soccer wasn't on, I would head there right now. How many different toys are there? I'll order a happy meal and be all like, "Cool, Mario Kart toys. My nephew would love these. Do you sell them individually?"

lol that shame :D

BB just sent me the preorder DLC for Sniper Elite 3, it's called Hunt The Grey Wolf DLC!

Sora_N

individually.

I've gotten looks for buying them by themselves lol

Yeah I remember when I bought the Pokemon and Despicable Me ones, I really hate doing it. Can't wait till I have kids and I can just bring them along when I buy them (and have to get them some too lol).

MrNineties

They're between 4-5 dollars, I think. Guess I know what I'm having for supper tonight.

I just picked up all 6 MK8 figures today at my local McD's in downtown Toronto and they didn't require me to buy anything additional. They sold me the toys outright. Anyone in TO struggling to find these? I'm happy to assist.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Does anybody know if you can "upgrade" a preordered standard edition of Destiny to a Limited or Ghost edition at FutureShop? The sales support person I talked was not helpful at all :(

iphys

I'm having no luck getting the MK8 Happy Meal toys. Bought one on Saturday, and got a Train your Dragon toy. Went to a different McD's tonight and got another Train your Dragon toy.

Magnus

I'm having no luck getting the MK8 Happy Meal toys. Bought one on Saturday, and got a Train your Dragon toy. Went to a different McD's tonight and got another Train your Dragon toy.

Last I understood, you could buy the toys directly for a couple bucks. No gambling, and no garbage food!

Top Bottom