• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Sora_N

I'm having no luck getting the MK8 Happy Meal toys. Bought one on Saturday, and got a Train your Dragon toy. Went to a different McD's tonight and got another Train your Dragon toy.

Why don't you just ask first before you buy it? Or buy the toy separately. You don't need to eat the meal

For those in Vancouver where did you get your MK toys? The UBC one is still on the stupid dragons

QaaQer

Great minds think alike! *brofist*

Anyone else notice a change in the cheese at McD's? Like in the last month? It used to be like regular kraft singles, now its gross and more like cheese whiz...really turns me off their burgers. I guess it might just be where I live though.

Tola

Neo Member
Why don't you just ask first before you buy it? Or buy the toy separately. You don't need to eat the meal

For those in Vancouver where did you get your MK toys? The UBC one is still on the stupid dragons

Just went to the McD's at Boundary and Lougheed Hwy. Lots of Mario, Luigi, Yoshi and DK in stock still!

Since the topic is McDonald's toys right now, I have to ask this to anyone in this thread who's ever worked at a McD's:

Have you or any coworker taken some of the Happy Meal toys with you? I remember when I was little and McDonald's had the Inspector Gadget toys, I felt such a strong desire to have them all 0.0
though I only got 1 or 2 at best
. So, I wonder if you have given into the temptation and taken a set or two!

LkPr

Since the topic is McDonald's toys right now, I have to ask this to anyone in this thread who's ever worked at a McD's:

Have you or any coworker taken some of the Happy Meal toys with you? I remember when I was little and McDonald's had the Inspector Gadget toys, I felt such a strong desire to have them all 0.0

YUP, got a few sets when I worked there. I was mainly into the hockey ones, when they had goalie sticks and Jerseys. I still have them all in the packages lol.

EDIT: and we didn't have to necessarily 'take' them... we got the shipments in so you would grab a few for yourself and then include them in a happy meal you bought yourself. With the staff discount happy meals were like $1 lol

I'm sure people do that, a friend is a branch manager at Wendy's and he told me once to swing by and get all the toys I wanted, which I didn't anyway!

Jinto

So glad all this talk about McDonalds started. I ended up going to another Staples and picked up a 160GB PS3 slim for $113.

Also bought 3 happy meals. Got DK, Yoshi, and Mario.

Man, I feel bad for you!
What kind of life are you having without the pleasure of eating junk?

lol he can always get apple slices and milk for his happy meal.

YUP, got a few sets when I worked there. I was mainly into the hockey ones, when they had goalie sticks and Jerseys. I still have them all in the packages lol.

EDIT: and we didn't have to necessarily 'take' them... we got the shipments in so you would grab a few for yourself and then include them in a happy meal you bought yourself. With the staff discount happy meals were like $1 lol

Wow, that's terrific =p a part of my childhood feels vindicated lol

Jinto

Man, best I could find was 125 for a 12gb model and 175 for a 250gb model. I ended up with the latter.

I think I got lucky. I don't think he was supposed to give an addition 25% off for consoles.

GfoXxan.jpg

All because I went to decided to go to Mcdonalds. lol

So glad all this talk about McDonalds started. I ended up going to another Staples and picked up a 160GB PS3 slim for $113.

Also bought 3 happy meals. Got DK, Yoshi, and Mario.

lol he can always get apple slices and milk for his happy meal.

SCORE! Nice purchase man, glad you found a Slim so fast and at that price :D

I love McD food >_>

their salty fries

hnnnnng too good

God damn it. The only... Four things I ever get from McDonald's are chicken nuggets, their salty as shit fries that I can't stop eating but I keep eating (I'm going to die early, I've accepted this fact), iced coffee (It's $1 now, I like the vanilla iced coffee more than I should), and coffee (better than the shit Tim Hourtons has now). I don't like Tim Hourtons except for the horrible guilty pleasure that is their ice capps. I still need to try the oreo ice cap because I don't value my life.

McDonalds is shit. BK all day.

Makes me sad that the closest BK to me got demolished for the Eglinton LRT here in Toronto. The few times I went to it I expected it to be shit and it ended up being alright.

iLLmAtlc

Mickey D's kinda sucks IMO. Everything tastes ok and kinda stale after so many years. Most of us have been eating it since we were kids I take it.

I'm all in to get some Mario toys tho

Parapraxis

Any deals currently for PS plus 1 year?

My sub ran out last month, but i'd like to pick up Muramasa Rebirth before the month is over.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Whoa whoa, what's going on here, what's with the cheaper than usual PS3s?
Part of Staples getting out of games. If you're looking for one and are willing to come downtown, the Staples at University and Dundas is where I found mine. They also had Xbox 360s.

Makes me sad that the closest BK to me got demolished for the Eglinton LRT here in Toronto. The few times I went to it I expected it to be shit and it ended up being alright.

I went there the other day to find a hole in the ground. WTF!

I thought GAF didn't eat fast food.

Megasoum

Banned
Is there a good website available where I can put in an item and it will not only tell me where I can find it for the cheapest price online but also send me a mail when it becomes available if it's something that is out of stock everywhere?

I'm surprised Amazon doesn't seem to have an option to send you a mail when an out of stock item becomes available.

For example: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KX75W9O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I added it to the wishlist but I don't think it really for that.

jred2k

Is there a good website available where I can put in an item and it will not only tell me where I can find it for the cheapest price online but also send me a mail when it becomes available if it's something that is out of stock everywhere?

I'm surprised Amazon doesn't seem to have an option to send you a mail when an out of stock item becomes available.

For example: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KX75W9O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I added it to the wishlist but I don't think it really for that.

Not sure about checking availability, but I use www.shopbot.ca when I want to check prices over various websites.

I went by a McDonald's yesterday but after seeing how cheap the MK toys looked I changed my mind. No room for more stuff anyway. I guess I could put them on my desk at work? Ehhhh.

(I recently cleaned my room and realized how much junk I have.)

a916

Anyone here have the pleasure of trying to upgrade(cancel then pre-order again) their Destiny pre-order on PSN to the costlier edition?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Noooooooooooooo I just realized looking through my orders from E3 Deals that I forgot to order Persona 4 Arena Ultimax :(

krae_man

Anyone here have the pleasure of trying to upgrade(cancel then pre-order again) their Destiny pre-order on PSN to the costlier edition?

All you need to do is go on the store and select the Digital Ghost edition or whatever and it's supposed to automatically discount itself accordingly if you've already bought the regular edition.

frequency

I don't eat burgers that much but I like fast food burgers more than I do restaurant burgers.

Though a lot of that is probably because burgers at restaurants are always these huge things I need to cut up to even be able to fit in my mouth. Such huge amounts of food is super unappetizing.
Also fast food fries (and especially McDonald's) are way way way better than anything I've had at a restaurant.

I actually like Happy Meals. It is the appropriate amount of food. I like when they come in the boxes but sometimes they just give me a bag and that makes me sad.

I love Mario Kart 8 too so I'll have to go see about these toys if I get the chance.

Top Bottom