• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Mikey Jr.

Wow, the fuck is going on with Amazon shipping?

I haven't ordered anything online in a long time, but I don't remember it taking this fucking long...

Just ordered the Chromecast on Amazon.ca

I selected free shipping, and its telling me its coming on July 18th. It was never this long. Usually I would get it 2 days later, rarely 3 at most. Now its 6 days more?

I literally live 20 minutes away from the Amazon Mississauga distribution centre.

Luigi87

We're subscribing to the they're intentionally crapping on their free shipping to get people to sign to Prime theory.

Which after my recent order I am believing... Took days to ship, then they shipped it via UPS of all companies. I frigging HATE UPS.

Mikey Jr.

We're subscribing to the they're intentionally crapping on their free shipping to get people to sign to Prime theory.

Which after my recent order I am believing... Took days to ship, then they shipped it via UPS of all companies. I frigging HATE UPS.

Ok, thats what I thought. Because if it takes 7 days to ship 20 minutes away, then I don't fucking know what to say.

Mikey Jr.

zroid

Banned
There actually used to be a Krispy Kreme somewhat near me (not really, but near enough that I passed by sometimes)... when it closed down I just assumed all the other Canadian locations did as well. :lol

The only time I have KK nowadays is during those random occasions when Costco is offering free samples. :p

Hanzou

I haven't ordered anything online in a long time, but I don't remember it taking this fucking long...

I selected free shipping, and its telling me its coming on July 18th. It was never this long. Usually I would get it 2 days later, rarely 3 at most. Now its 6 days more?

I literally live 20 minutes away from the Amazon Mississauga distribution centre.
They now have a warehouse in Vancouver. Maybe they have to ship it from there? I live in bc and get things from both whare houses .

Quick

Banned
I don't think I've actually seen a Krispy Kreme in Canada before......

If you told me they weren't in Canada, I would have believed you.

They used to have at least a few more stores. There was one by the Scarborough Town Centre I'd say over 6-7 years ago that was shut down. Not sure how long it was there, but I don't think it made it past a couple of years of operation.

Mikey Jr.

They now have a warehouse in Vancouver. Maybe they have to ship it from there? I live in bc and get things from both whare houses .

Maybe.

But every item I put in all came out to July 18th.

They used to have at least a few more stores. There was one by the Scarborough Town Centre I'd say over 6-7 years ago that was shut down. Not sure how long it was there, but I don't think it made it past a couple of years of operation.

I just checked. Apparently there are only 3 locations in all of Ontario.

Yeah........

Edit: Ok, apparently 5 in all of Canada. Bahaha.

nevermind
Shipping Rates

ShopRite is proud to offer reliable delivery services to the 48 Contiguous United States. However, we are not able to ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, other continents, PO Boxes or military bases.

I knew it was too good to be true. Also once you make an order you can't cancel

Jsheldon

shopritedelivers.com has PS4 for 365.98 USD shipped, no taxes. I never heard of this site but apparently it does ship to Canada.

I'm sitting looking at the Paypal wondering what to do.

You'd still have to pay duty and taxes when it crossed the border, no?

If not, a pretty good deal.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Hercules & Tarzan (Disney Blu-Ray) now 19.99$ on Amazon.ca

I don't think those prices will be down any lower in the near future.

Fularu

Banned
I must be lucky because Amazon :

- Uses post Canada
- Delivers about 2 days after the game releases.

I got Both One Piece games (PS3 and 3DS versions) and Xblaze code Embryo (PS3 version) today and they came out on tuesday!

Used free shipping too!

Takuan

This. You will absolutely pay taxes and possibly duties/brokerage fees on top of that, depending on which mailing service is used. So factor the exchange, $10-$20 in additional fees, and then taxes on top of that. It may still come in cheaper, but not by much.

Depends on whether customs catches it or not, I suppose. I don't know what the expected duty is on electronics, though. You'd be paying taxes on ~$400 CAD plus whatever the package opening fee is for something that large (could be just five bucks, could be more). A decent deal for now, but if you can find a PS4 in Canada for $400 that would probably be less risky in terms of weird charges and, down the road, warranty/return issues.

Mikey Jr.

I must be lucky because Amazon :

- Uses post Canada
- Delivers about 2 days after the game releases.

I got Both One Piece games (PS3 and 3DS versions) and Xblaze code Embryo (PS3 version) today and they came out on tuesday!

Used free shipping too!

Where do you live generally?

kasane

im going to murica at the end of the month

should i just buy a ps4 here or buy there?

im not sure if i save more factoring conversion and all that jazz

ElNino

Depends on whether customs catches it or not, I suppose. I don't know what the expected duty is on electronics, though. You'd be paying taxes on ~$400 CAD plus whatever the package opening fee is for something that large (could be just five bucks, could be more). A decent deal for now, but if you can find a PS4 in Canada for $400 that would probably be less risky in terms of weird charges and, down the road, warranty/return issues.
According to this site, Duty Estimator, you would be paying around $50 in duty.

The warranty could be an issue as well. I'm not sure how Sony handles it as I've never needed to deal with them, but when my Harman Kardon receiver was DOA that I bought in the US they agreed to replace it as long as I paid for shipping to them... which cost me almost $75. Considering it was right around Christmas/Boxing Day, I could have bought the same receiver cheaper here if I had waited a month and not had to ship it back.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So how's Wolfenstein: The New Order? It's $39.99 at Walmart today and I'm thinking of price matching it at Best Buy and using some Reward Zone certificates I have laying around.

dream

I totally buy the Amazon is delaying orders to push Prime conspiracy theory. I've taken to paying for second day shipping (on orders that qualify for free shipping), and shipping times are still lamentable.

StevieP

Banned
I looooove me some Riddick, so you just sold me on the game. Thanks. :D

Made by the same devs (ex-Starbreeze folk) so you'll get hit right in the feels with this one! I am a sucker for FPSes like that or Half Life so even though I was sick of the genre, I played the hell out of this one. Twice now! I'm confident that you'll get your 40 worth :)

QaaQer

So how's Wolfenstein: The New Order? It's $39.99 at Walmart today and I'm thinking of price matching it at Best Buy and using some Reward Zone certificates I have laying around.

Really great game if you like single player fps. There is no multiplayer. The level design and weapons are top notch, btw.

dream

Well, if it helps, I kept hoping Infamous would get better, then I quit halfway through when I realized that it wouldn't. I also hear it's very short.

But for the purposes of full disclosure, I hated Infamous 1, disliked Infamous 2, yet loved Festival of Blood.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
yeah, just just checked redflagdeals. thanks for the heads up
they also have infamous ss for $40. now i don't know what to buy.

I really liked Second Son, but it's really just a prettier Infamous. If you liked the first two, then you'll like this one. It's pretty short though, and the side content is pretty limited.

HoJu

Well, if it helps, I kept hoping Infamous would get better, then I quit halfway through when I realized that it wouldn't. I also hear it's very short.

But for the purposes of full disclosure, I hated Infamous 1, disliked Infamous 2, yet loved Festival of Blood.

I really liked Second Son, but it's really just a prettier Infamous. If you liked the first two, then you'll like this one. It's pretty short though, and the side content is pretty limited.

thanks, will go with Wolfenstein. in the mood for a good FPS, and it seems to be getting a lot of love around here.

khaaan

I don't think I've actually seen a Krispy Kreme in Canada before......

If you told me they weren't in Canada, I would have believed you.

Come on man, you live in Mississauga and haven't seen the Krispy Kreme? =P
There's one in the same plaza as the Heartland Futureshop.

Cynar

Amazon is a piece of shit lately. Same situation as you and never had trouble over the years. Then all of a sudden prime is introduced and shipping is slow as hell. Lame. :mad:

StevieP

Banned
thanks, will go with Wolfenstein. in the mood for a good FPS, and it seems to be getting a lot of love around here.

Good choice. Infamous will probably be the first major ps4 game to go on plus anyway, considering it's resell/market value has tanked.

I played wolf on PC but both new gen console versions are competent and don't lose out ok anything other than the usual graphical sheen/native res/etc stuff we deal with on consoles. Neither the ps4 or xb1 versions are bad pickups so get for whichever one you own :)

krae_man

The only Krispy Kreame in Kitchener was out in the middle of nowhere. It was closer to Cambridge then 90% of KW's population. No surprise it went under.

You could buy preboxed donuts at Walmart for a bit. Such a stupid solution to being out in the middle of nowhere instead of not putting the store in a stupid location in the first place.

I think I had them once and that was just the Walmart day olds.

StevieP

Banned
The only Krispy Kreame in Kitchener was out in the middle of nowhere. It was closer to Cambridge then 90% of KW's population. No surprise it went under.

You could buy preboxed donuts at Walmart for a bit. Such a stupid solution to being out in the middle of nowhere instead of not putting the store in a stupid location in the first place.

I think I had them once and that was just the Walmart day olds.

There's nothing like a fresh batch, unfortunately. It's worth the drive to Sauga to give em a shot at least once though. Being in Scarborough I certainly miss the stc location. But you'd figure why even in populated areas it would be hard to justify the cost of running the store. It's not an every day kinda item

My friends used to make Krispy Kreme runs in high school lol, they'd drive all the way to Mississauga and bring donuts back for everyone

I miss the Richmond Hill location, I went there every so often, including their grand opening!

I got hooked on them in the States, too bad they couldn't last in Tim Horton's shadow

StevieP

Banned
The worst part is how garbage the Tim's donuts are even in comparison to coffee time.

It's a shame. Mcdicks makes the superior coffee too. And yet, we all still go.

Err... Something something gaming? :)

Sajjaja

The worst part is how garbage the Tim's donuts are even in comparison to coffee time.

It's a shame. Mcdicks makes the superior coffee too. And yet, we all still go.

Err... Something something gaming? :)

Boston Cream is the only good donut in my opinion,

Top Bottom