• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

ohlawd

they had ToS Chronicles for $10 on PSN before

lol let's see; I bought ToS Premium for 112 including tax AND got both ToS games for 40 total

I'm too nice to Bamco

Anth0ny

Is there any way I can buy games from my US Xbox Live account in Canada?

I have some free money from that Gamestop giveaway and I keep getting an error when I try to purchase a game. Fucking digital region locks. Unbelievable.

khaaan

I'd rather just buy the collection WHEN I want to play it, which is gonna be a really long time lol.

I'd rather finish Graces f, Abyss and Xillia first. :/ And if Symphonia is too expensive by then I'll just play my GC copy first lol. #solutions

At least you'd be playing the better running version.

Heh I live in Brampton.

You mean New India/Pakistan? Hahahahahuehuehuehuehuehehuheu

I stand by my joke.

Quick

Banned
If anybody interested in Sims 4. Amazon.ca has The Sims 4 Premium Edition for 60$ to pre-order. That's 30$ discount.

As much as I dread the lack of progress for this game (being a good successor to The Sims 3), I might just bite on this.

Doel

So I guess I missed the boat on the WiiU Mario Kart 8 bundle. Not even listed anywhere.

Any idea if they're going to restock or was that it?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Picked up harvest moon for a buck in that PSN flash sale. Hell yeah.

i-Jest

So I guess I missed the boat on the WiiU Mario Kart 8 bundle. Not even listed anywhere.

If your willing to spend the money:

Not a deal but if anyone's still looking for MK8 bundles Shop.ca has them. http://www.shop.ca/c/nintendo-wii-u-mario-kart-8-bundle-884095154875-24368044

As far as I'm aware, the bundles were limited production run. They won't be making anymore. If you look hard enough you can probably find it somewhere else.

iphys

It was limited edition, so unlikely, but honestly, you're not really any worse off buying a different bundle plus MK8, and I'd do it before the free game promo ends in a few weeks.

Mr.Mike

So both my PS3 and PS4 broke recently >.> . In fact, my PS3 broke right after my PS4 came back from Sony, still broken. Of course my PS3 was the phat version so really I was expecting it to break any day now, but I am a bit bitter about having my PS4 sent back broken. Do they not test these things before sending them back?

So I'm gonna try to send my PS4 back saying it has "Power Supply Issues" in hopes that they replace the power supply, since that seems to be the problem. (They replaced the main board the first time I sent it in). If it comes back broken again I'll probably sell it for parts and wait for a good sale on a PS4 (probably Black Friday/Cyber Monday) . I don't really need a new PS4 until Bloodborne/MGSV/U4 comes out anyway. I'll get a new PS3 soon, so that should be enough games for me, especially considering the PS+ game backlog I have. I might try to perform some surgery to extract TLOU from the YLOD'd PS3 before selling it for parts. Does anyone have any idaea how much a YLOD'd PS3 sells for?

EDIT: So I was able to get TLOU of the PS3 by putting it in diagnostics mode or whatever. So I guess I'm getting the Lego Hobbit bundle since I already have TLOU.

Lexxism

5B907Ds.jpg

That's 32K worth of points.
32K points are worth:

32/95 x $170 = $57 for regular redemption

32/95 x $220 = $74 for mega redemption

edit: LOL. That's today.

Housh

Just call around. I called around and after hearing it was sold out everywhere I found a Toys R Us in Hamilton that had 6 of them last week.

XBP

Just came back from target and they have some pretty awesome deals right now:

Assassins Creed 4, PS3 & 360 = 17$
Battlefield 4, PS3 and 360 = 17$
Splinter Cell Blacklist Xbox 360= 12$
Batman Arkham Origins PS3 & 360 = 17$
Sleeping Dogs PS3 = 7.5$
Borderlands 2 PS3= 7.5$
Twisted Metal = 7.5$
NBA Live 14 Xbox One (and i think PS4) = 20$
Madden 25 Xbox One (and i think PS4) = 25$

I personally grabbed sleeping dogs. Would've loved to get blacklist if the PS3 version was on sale for 12$ as well.

Tapejara

So both my PS3 and PS4 broke recently >.> . In fact, my PS3 broke right after my PS4 came back from Sony, still broken. Of course my PS3 was the phat version so really I was expecting it to break any day now, but I am a bit bitter about having my PS4 sent back broken. Do they not test these things before sending them back?

So I'm gonna try to send my PS4 back saying it has "Power Supply Issues" in hopes that they replace the power supply, since that seems to be the problem. (They replaced the main board the first time I sent it in). If it comes back broken again I'll probably sell it for parts and wait for a good sale on a PS4 (probably Black Friday/Cyber Monday) . I don't really need a new PS4 until Bloodborne/MGSV/U4 comes out anyway. I'll get a new PS3 soon, so that should be enough games for me, especially considering the PS+ game backlog I have. I might try to perform some surgery to extract TLOU from the YLOD'd PS3 before selling it for parts. Does anyone have any idaea how much a YLOD'd PS3 sells for?

EDIT: So I was able to get TLOU of the PS3 by putting it in diagnostics mode or whatever. So I guess I'm getting the Lego Hobbit bundle since I already have TLOU.

I don't know if it matters to you, but it's worth mentioning that Lego: The Hobbit comes in a sleeve case rather than an actual box. I was bummed out when I opened my PS3 and saw it.

I have some free money from that Gamestop giveaway and I keep getting an error when I try to purchase a game. Fucking digital region locks. Unbelievable.

I got it to work by purchasing the game from xbox.com and then going to my download history on the console and downloading it from there.

went to staples to try my luck with the game clearance sale...I ended up getting dead rising 3 for 23 bucks. according to their website it was marked down to 39.99$, but when they rang it up it was 29.99$ but they added a 25% discount ontop of that. I suggest checking out your local Staples. This was at the Surrey B.C location btw.

ohlawd

the fuck

I went to that one like a week ago and all I found were old ass DS games in a bin. shelves were already gone.

shit I must have missed this "clearance table"

the fuck

I went to that one like a week ago and all I found were old ass DS games in a bin. shelves were already gone.

shit I must have missed this "clearance table"

Yeah its a white table around the front of the store,beside the registers. There isn't a whole lot there, but I saw knack, need for speed rivals,madden, And a few others that I can't remember. I think I got the last copy of dead rising 3. I called them on thursday and asked if they had copies left, they told me they had 3. When I showed up the next morning I only saw one and nabbed it. Good luck

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just came back from target and they have some pretty awesome deals right now:

Assassins Creed 4, PS3 & 360 = 17$
Battlefield 4, PS3 and 360 = 17$
Splinter Cell Blacklist Xbox 360= 12$
Batman Arkham Origins PS3 & 360 = 17$
Sleeping Dogs PS3 = 7.5$
Borderlands 2 PS3= 7.5$
Twisted Metal = 7.5$
NBA Live 14 Xbox One (and i think PS4) = 20$
Madden 25 Xbox One (and i think PS4) = 25$

I personally grabbed sleeping dogs. Would've loved to get blacklist if the PS3 version was on sale for 12$ as well.
Part of a sale? Clearance? Is Target going kaboom? (I can't remember)

big_z

if youre on xbox one you should be able to go into the settings, change your location to somewhere in the states and then go back into the market place which will now be the US store. I think you can redeem and make purchases with the gamestop codes at this point.

ohlawd

fuck me

shiiiiiiiiiiii the hell was I doing? I'm not even gonna bother now lol. A week is hella plenty time to get most of the good stuff. And I was right there in an arm's reach

lesson learned; when a store has a clearance sale, go around the fucking store

Random question, are Steam giftcards region free? And where's a good place to pick some up? (And I have no experience with Steam cards, are they like PSN where it's just a code you redeem?)

I'd like to get one for someone for helping me with something, but he lives in a different country.

Hilti92

Not sure if it was posted yet but Wolfenstein: The New World Order is on sale at Walmart for $39.99 (PS4 and XB1). My local Walmart had it marked at $69.99 but when scanned, it will ring up at $39.99.

Sweet Ivy

Can I post my own personal stuff/deals here?
Reason being I only want to sell local and it's PC/gaming related stuff.

I know Kijiji, but if I found someone from here or that would refer from here, I'd prefer.

I know Kijiji, but if I found someone from here or that would refer from here, I'd prefer.

I have done it with success. If it's a good enough deal someone will pick up on it. I don't see the issue. Hate using Kijiji and found dealing Gaf much better.

I wouldn't recommend it. There's a buy/sell/trade forum in the community page.

kennah

Post in the buy sell trade thread but link the post here.

Mentioning stuff you have for sale is ok. But spamming this thread is not.

Anth0ny

I got it to work by purchasing the game from xbox.com and then going to my download history on the console and downloading it from there.

It won't let me buy off the website with money already on my account... I have to use paypal or a credit card.

if youre on xbox one you should be able to go into the settings, change your location to somewhere in the states and then go back into the market place which will now be the US store. I think you can redeem and make purchases with the gamestop codes at this point.

I'm on 360. I did that, and it's giving me errors.

I hope I can get it working before this 360 Ultimate Sales thing ends =/

sikkinixx

Can anyone refer me to the equivalent US Gaming Deals thread? Can't find it. Hoping to find some cheap games while travelling

When I pop down south I usually take a look at the front page of Cheapassgamer and see what the hot deals are since a lot of them are for target, wal mart etc

It won't let me buy off the website with money already on my account... I have to use paypal or a credit card.

I'm on 360. I did that, and it's giving me errors.

I hope I can get it working before this 360 Ultimate Sales thing ends =/

If you've switched regions within the last three months, it won't let you switch again. Also, yeah, the website won't let you use any existing balance on your account because it is stupid.

XBP

Not sure if it was posted yet but Wolfenstein: The New World Order is on sale at Walmart for $39.99 (PS4 and XB1). My local Walmart had it marked at $69.99 but when scanned, it will ring up at $39.99.

The price is pretty awesome but i think i'll wait for a further price drop. With so many games in my back log, its going to take me a while to finish everything and have time for this.

Also, i think the PS3 version is also 39.99 right now, at least according to walmart's website.

ohlawd

yeah, I'm in the same boat

If anyone doesn't know, December 2014 is empty as all hell regarding games. Really, it only has KH 2.5.. yeah, that's nothing alright. It might fill out later on but I'm betting on no

Perfect time for Black Friday to drop dem bombs so I can go all out.

Mikey Jr.

Wow, the fuck is going on with Amazon shipping?

I haven't ordered anything online in a long time, but I don't remember it taking this fucking long...

Just ordered the Chromecast on Amazon.ca

I selected free shipping, and its telling me its coming on July 18th. It was never this long. Usually I would get it 2 days later, rarely 3 at most. Now its 6 days more?

I literally live 20 minutes away from the Amazon Mississauga distribution centre.

Just an update on this. Amazon just shipped my item and its expected this Tuesday.

Dont know why they gave a date of Friday.

But anyways, just wanted to give an update.

Top Bottom