• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

oneran

Any deals on a decent mouse? Mine has a broken scroll wheel and the left mouse button double-clicks randomly.

Unless your a hardcore FPS maniac I normally recommend those basic $15 Microsoft optical corded ones they usually get the job done and last a fair amount of time. But check Tigerdirect, Canada Computers, FS, & Bestbuy if your looking for something a bit more fancy and remember price matching is your friend.

Anyone know if there's any good Wii U deals other than the $200 Pro Refurbished from Nintendo?

I'd rather avoid a refurbished console if possible.

Sajjaja

Anyone know if there's any good Wii U deals other than the $200 Pro Refurbished from Nintendo?

I'd rather avoid a refurbished console if possible.
I've read nothing but good things about direct from Nintendo refurbs. Also, got my ps3 refurb from eb games and it's been working good for the last 3 years.

Megasoum

Banned
GOD DAMMIT... I ordered a steering wheel from Amazon.com last week and they shipped it through "Landmark" who then passed it on to UPS.... Fucking UPS, they are THE WORST.

krae_man

GOD DAMMIT... I ordered a steering wheel from Amazon.com last week and they shipped it through "Landmark" who then passed it on to UPS.... Fucking UPS, they are THE WORST.

If you you bought from amazon.com you've already paid the customs so you should be fine.

Megasoum

Banned
If you you bought from amazon.com you've already paid the customs so you should be fine.

Yeah I know, it's not really for the customs, it's more for the fact that I will receive a 30lb box via UPS and I won'T be home to open the door. When it's via Canada Post I can simply go to the post office next to my house but with UPS they have no locations near my house.

Sucks to have to lug around a giant box like that in the subway.

Billfisto

Weird, has Fable Legends been confirmed to be digital-only or something?

Amazon.ca sent me an email this morning advising that Fable Legends had been removed from my big E3 order as the game was cancelled.

Sealtest

Weird, has Fable Legends been confirmed to be digital-only or something?

Amazon.ca sent me an email this morning advising that Fable Legends had been removed from my big E3 order as the game was cancelled.

I have been in talks the past 2 weeks with amazon about that and that's what I was told, Apparently when I contacted them 2 weeks ago about why the product page was missing they did an investigation about it.

Did you pre-order the xbox one version or the PC version that was on the site?

The pc version has not been announced so that's one reason why it was removed.

Dazzler

going to have to call up FS and get them to update my credit card info across about 10 different orders after my CC got skimmed :(

feels bad mang

Whoever skimmed it dropped 700 bucks on online gambling, hope they at least lost

ohlawd

nah lol it is what it is

they'll pay me back. I didn't expect 28 bucks from customs. The heck do I know tho I'n a casual at this stuff :p

Did anybody receive SDM coupons recently? I've seen any coupons for quite sometime, a couple months ago I had them send me coupons all the time both email and regular mail!

kennah

Did anybody receive SDM coupons recently? I've seen any coupons for quite sometime, a couple months ago I had them send me coupons all the time both email and regular mail!
You may have accidentally removed yourself from their mailing list. New rules came into effect on July 1 for all email subscriptions.

zroid

Banned

yeap I still get 'em by email every Friday and occasionally by regular mail. The coupons they've sent me have actually been really useful lately. Last week I got $2.50 off SoftSoap, and it was on sale for $1.99... so ended up being free.

zroid

Banned
I just had someone from my local Shoppers Drug Mart call me to tell me there was a sale this weekend. What the fuck.

image.php

that's weird

i-Jest

I haven't bid on Ebay before. I'm in the final day of my auction now and I'm just wondering. Is it possible to withdraw from the auction? Do I have to fund my Paypal account before the auction is finished?

Canuck GAF, if you can, please school me on the basic do don't of Ebay.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I haven't bid on Ebay before. I'm in the final day of my auction now and I'm just wondering. Is it possible to withdraw from the auction? Do I have to fund my Paypal account before the auction is finished?

Canuck GAF, if you can, please school me on the basic do don't of Ebay.
You can withdraw 12 hours before it ends, although if you do it too often I think ebay will lock your account or something.

And if your Paypal is hooked to a credit card, they'll just take it right from there when you check out.

How do the rewards work at Best Buy?

I'm trying to figure out how much credit I will get on my E3 games.

Is it double for games? I can't remember.

How do the rewards work at Best Buy?

I'm trying to figure out how much credit I will get on my E3 games.

Is it double for games? I can't remember.

If you're part of the RZ Gamers Club, then yes, 2x the points. $1 = 1 point normally, so you'll get somewhere around 80 points per game after the bonus.

I don't remember what you have to do to become a part of the Gamers Club, it was so long ago. It wasn't a particularly involved process or anything, I just don't know if it's still open.

If you're part of the RZ Gamers Club, then yes, 2x the points. $1 = 1 point normally, so you'll get somewhere around 80 points per game after the bonus.

I don't remember what you have to do to become a part of the Gamers Club, it was so long ago. It wasn't a particularly involved process or anything, I just don't know if it's still open.

I think I'm part of the Gamers Club. I think.

They never really made it clear what you needed to do extra to be part of it though.

Edit: Yeah, it's still active and still confusing. So you just go to the Reward Zone site and click on the banner to join. I did that years ago so I guess I have always been in.

I think I'm part of the Gamers Club. I think.

They never really made it clear what you needed to do extra to be part of it though.

Edit: Yeah, it's still active and still confusing. So you just go to the Reward Zone site and click on the banner to join. I did that years ago so I guess I have always been in.

Ha. Yeah, that makes sense. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I earned RZ points, which is actually pretty stupid because I think I'm just on the cusp of 1600/$20, and have been for months. Ever since they stopped doing the 800-point pre-order bonuses, there's been no good way to rack up points anyways.

Ha. Yeah, that makes sense. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I earned RZ points, which is actually pretty stupid because I think I'm just on the cusp of 1600/$20, and have been for months. Ever since they stopped doing the 800-point pre-order bonuses, there's been no good way to rack up points anyways.

Just read on their website that if you don't use your points within a year, they expire. Noticed that I had 377 unused points that expired.

My recent purchase, a Playstation Camera, seemed to have given me 129 points. So double the 64.99 price tag.

Guess it's working then.

Gamers Club/Reward Zone has quite being worthwhile since they stopped doing the 400/800 bonus points for buying something. It used to get me to buy almost all my games at Best buy, but now the measly $5 coupon every few months isn't worth the effort.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just read on their website that if you don't use your points within a year, they expire. Noticed that I had 377 unused points that expired.
No, they expire if you don't make any other purchases within a year.

Do my points expire?

Points do not expire unless you do not make a qualifying purchase within a calendar year. If no such purchase is made in a calendar year, your points will be cashed out and reward certificates will be issued in $5 increments. Any points remaining under $5 will be forfeited. If your account is terminated for any reason, you will forfeit all points.

Keep in mind that reward certificates do expire. See the expiration date on each certificate.

Magnus

Found Skyward Sword used for $45. Do I bite? I only kind of want to play it again. But I also feel confident I could sell it for that price (or higher) later due to how rare it's become.

Ditto for a used Xenoblade at $70.

kennah

For the person looking for a red Wii the Staples in Trois-Rivière has them for $93.

PS3 12 gig for 163 here and lots of games selection still too. Must hold myself back from a $30 ALBW.

Yes, that's correct. It will be more cheaper now since the CAD is a little bit strong to how it was in the last few months.
Hmmm, the site is kinda annoying.

I keep trying to register but I'm not getting my account information e-mailed to me. (Despite not being one of the unusable domains, as described in their site FAQ.)

Are there any other good sites to get the 64GB Vita card from?

For fuck sake... Bell had a crazy hike in price not even a year ago and as of September 2014, TV goes up 3$ a month and Internet by 4$ a month. That's a 7$ jump!

"Price adjustments support our continued investments in network, product and service enhancements." Yea right, I never seen any improvement on anything...

Anyone has any experience in calling them and saying "Wait a minute!"? Their price are already so high, I am only still with them because I ran into SO MUCH trouble with them that I have credits from loyalty/fidelity department all over the place which makes it the best price on the market for me. Do you people with other companies get crazy price jump like this all the time?

Lexxism

Hmmm, the site is kinda annoying.

I keep trying to register but I'm not getting my account information e-mailed to me. (Despite not being one of the unusable domains, as described in their site FAQ.)

Are there any other good sites to get the 64GB Vita card from?

You can try nippon-yasan. They have it for $92.

Top Bottom