• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

You can try nippon-yasan. They have it for $92.
Do you have any experience with the site? Is it reliable?

I'm gonna wait a bit longer to see if superufo ever emails me my info (I'll send them another one tomorrow), but if not, I'm gonna look for somewhere else. If Nippon-Yasan is reliable, they'll probably be it.

Luigi87

Do you have any experience with the site? Is it reliable?

I'm gonna wait a bit longer to see if superufo ever emails me my info (I'll send them another one tomorrow), but if not, I'm gonna look for somewhere else. If Nippon-Yasan is reliable, they'll probably be it.

NY is very reliable. I've bought several things from them, including a 64GB card.

Megasoum

Banned
Fucking UPS... The tracking has been saying "Delivery today before the end of the day" since 8AM this morning and still no sign (and now it's too late obviously). A fucking day wasted waiting for the brown truck...arghhh.

khaaan

I actually ended up ordering from Nippon-Yasan as well and they charge me in Euro's. Is that normal?

Edit: Come one guys, it's only like 3AM on a Wednesday.

lupinko

I have a Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D code, if anyone is interested, hit me up with a pm, I can do trades or sale (basically $20 eshop credit would do).

This is because I bought this game already on eshop long ago. lol

dream

Any readers here? Target is clearing out Kobo Glos for 50 bucks a pop if so. I just grabbed one from the Kingsway store in Edmonton and there are probably 10-15 left.

Any readers here? Target is clearing out Kobo Glos for 50 bucks a pop if so. I just grabbed one from the Kingsway store in Edmonton and there are probably 10-15 left.

Tempting, but the last time I checked the Kobo website there weren't any free books in their store. I guess you can always add your own files.

Amazon.ca is offering a new service now - Amazon student. First 6 months are free, after that it's 50% off a prime membership. Free 2-day shipping with no minimum.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/student/sig...t=GKD76GQ2QKUOSN5HQVZ2DGR45Y&ref_type=generic

You need a valid post-secondary student email address to sign up.

I emailed customer service about my e3 pre-orders...they changed them all to free 2-day shipping (which means release date delivery)! Sweeet.

Yep, I decided to do it yesterday, I tried to change all my E3 Pre-Orders to free 2-day shipping but I couldn't seem to do it from my end. Guess I have to email them.

Yep, I decided to do it yesterday, I tried to change all my E3 Pre-Orders to free 2-day shipping but I couldn't seem to do it from my end. Guess I have to email them.

yeah - there's no option on the order for some strange reason. but they did it for me no questions asked with an email to customer service. they handled it within in an hour

mamoui

Amazon.ca is offering a new service now - Amazon student. First 6 months are free, after that it's 50% off a prime membership. Free 2-day shipping with no minimum.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/student/sig...t=GKD76GQ2QKUOSN5HQVZ2DGR45Y&ref_type=generic

You need a valid post-secondary student email address to sign up.

I emailed customer service about my e3 pre-orders...they changed them all to free 2-day shipping (which means release date delivery)! Sweeet.

You juste need the email adresse? Cause i'm not a student anymore but i still have my university email adresse. Can you cancel after the free six month?
Thanks

You juste need the email adresse? Cause i'm not a student anymore but i still have my university email adresse. Can you cancel after the free six month?
Thanks

yeah - when you sign up they send a confirmation link to your student account to activate the trial. Im not sure how they gauge wither or not you're still a student when it comes time to renew...so as long as you have access to your old student email it should work?

After signing up youre able to turn off the auto-renewal right away, thats what I did

Try doing this through their support chat, I did this once before and it was very quick and painless. No need to wait.

Link here: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?ie=UTF8&skip=true

On a side note, what a nightmare it is trying to remember all the passwords and names for my college accounts to signup for this. Who really uses their college email when not in the school year!

zroid

Banned
I am probably not going to bother with this, but if I do sign up for Prime Student, and get my pre-orders changed to Prime shipping, will it still work even if the subscription has lapsed when the time comes for the items to ship?

I am probably not going to bother with this, but if I do sign up for Prime Student, and get my pre-orders changed to Prime shipping, will it still work even if the subscription has lapsed when the time comes for the items to ship?

not sure, but I think any orders you placed while the subscription was active stand...so i dont think they'll update the order and charge you. I'd confirm with them though

khaaan

Did you have Euros selected at the top?

Huh, didn't even notice there was an option. But no, it was in Yen by default and the entire transaction was like that up until the very end. Hopefully it's no big deal, I was charged the right amount.

Sora_N

Some decent deals at staples for clearance but no money. Almost bought Mario 3d world for 30 and GTA for 20

They weren't applying the 25% extra so meh

mdubs

Banned
Heads up everyone, just emailed Amazon support about my E3 order and they said that they only apply the Student Prime shipping to newly created orders and not existing orders. Makes sense.

Dazzler

Future Shop must have been getting slammed by people mailing them who didn't realise they'd already been sent the Beta code months ago

i-Jest

I can get a Wii U Zelda Bundle for 10% off at 299. Should I?

If you can get it cheaper then at retail or Nintendo Store then sure. Also, how much do you want it atm? If there are no games your interested in, or games you can wait to play then waiting for a cheaper option sometime in the future is not a bad idea.

Ultimately, do what makes you happy.

Naite

Anyone order online from Staples before?

Bought a bluetooth headset from them on sunday and for the past few days the status of my order says "Out for Delivery". Until now I've only gotten that status when I'm receiving something that day, but it's been a couple days and I haven't even received an email confirmation to say my order was shipped.

If you can get it cheaper then at retail or Nintendo Store then sure. Also, how much do you want it atm? If there are no games your interested in, or games you can wait to play then waiting for a cheaper option sometime in the future is not a bad idea.

Ultimately, do what makes you happy.

I really want Mario Kart, and I'd love to try Wind Waker as my first legit Zelda game. I have a Wii with some virtual console games as well that are sitting around.

I was gonna pick up this and Mario Kart in time for the free game deal and snag Pikmin as well.

So yeah, I would love to get one. My only issue is that I'll be riding on less than 100 bucks until my next paycheck (summer job etc etc).

Or alternatively I could get the refurbished WiiU for 200 on the site and get Mario Kart for 66 bucks brand new.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but are the refurbished consoles worth it? It'll cost me 235-245 for the console (Tax+Shipping) plus 66 so $311.

Soooooo

A) $311 for Refurbished WiiU with MarioKart and Pikmin

or

B) $375 for brand new WiiU with MarioKart, Pikmin, and ZeldaWW HD (and the other stuff in the Zelda Bundle)

Seville

Question: I want to preorder Destiny for the beta from EBGames, would I be able to cancel the preoder after if I don't want the game, even though the code would be used?

Returners

Heads up everyone, just emailed Amazon support about my E3 order and they said that they only apply the Student Prime shipping to newly created orders and not existing orders. Makes sense.

what that's terrible. Anybody else get the same reply?

I just emailed them as well. Will update.

Future Shop must have been getting slammed by people mailing them who didn't realise they'd already been sent the Beta code months ago

Ya i'm confused because I registered my Beta code a looooong time ago... but I just got another from FS a couple hours ago... not sure if it's the same code..

what that's terrible. Anybody else get the same reply?

I just emailed them as well. Will update.

They did mine no problem. But I didn't say anything about e3 orders...I said that I had just signed up for prime and was wondering if they could upgrade all my pending orders to 2-day shipping.

Don't know if the wording makes a difference

Or alternatively I could get the refurbished WiiU for 200 on the site and get Mario Kart for 66 bucks brand new.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but are the refurbished consoles worth it? It'll cost me 235-245 for the console (Tax+Shipping) plus 66 so $311.

Soooooo

or

B) $375 for brand new WiiU with MarioKart, Pikmin, and ZeldaWW HD (and the other stuff in the Zelda Bundle)

$375 without even considering the other option!

Soooooo

or

Oh man. $245 for the console total? I want that WiiU deal from Nintendo too, but it seems I'll be out $300

I'd also like some info on if it's worth it or not.

i-Jest

Soooooo

or

I've heard the refurbs are pretty much new consoles not sold at retail locations. As far as price goes, if you really need to watch what you spend then go for the first option. If your willing to spurge and refuse to give it a second thought, then go for the latter.

Returners

They did mine no problem. But I didn't say anything about e3 orders...I said that I had just signed up for prime and was wondering if they could upgrade all my pending orders to 2-day shipping.

Don't know if the wording makes a difference

Yeah same here. I had 5 E3 orders and all of them were upgraded to 2 day shipping no problem.

I would totally try again.

Top Bottom