• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Bit the bullet and ordered the 64GB Vita memory card from Nippon-Yasan. I don't mind paying a bit extra so that I can deal with a much more convenient to use web site.

Now I'll finally be able to move all my Vita/PSP/PSX content off my PS3 and onto my Vita. :)

@Wreck

Bit the bullet and ordered the 64GB Vita memory card from Nippon-Yasan. I don't mind paying a bit extra so that I can deal with a much more convenient to use web site.

Now I'll finally be able to move all my Vita/PSP/PSX content off my PS3 and onto my Vita. :)

are you paying USD?

and did you have them open the box and mark it as used so that its 'possibly' not taxed?

i did that for my jp day 1 vita

dream

what that's terrible. Anybody else get the same reply?

I just emailed them as well. Will update.

I just hit them up on chat and they told me the same thing; free two day shipping can't be retroactively applied to orders placed before signing up for Prime.

Returners

I just hit them up on chat and they told me the same thing; free two day shipping can't be retroactively applied to orders placed before signing up for Prime.

I did mine through email. (see above)

They switched me to express no charge.

Btw: Last of Us Remastered is 51.99 @ Amazon.ca

Nice Avatar. 2 Time champs!

OT I'm gonna have Beta PS4 codes to giveaway soon, so if people need em fret not.

Or alternatively I could get the refurbished WiiU for 200 on the site and get Mario Kart for 66 bucks brand new.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but are the refurbished consoles worth it? It'll cost me 235-245 for the console (Tax+Shipping) plus 66 so $311.

Soooooo

A) $311 for Refurbished WiiU with MarioKart and Pikmin

or

B) $375 for brand new WiiU with MarioKart, Pikmin, and ZeldaWW HD (and the other stuff in the Zelda Bundle)

how do you get 3 games in option B? i thought it was onky mk8 and 1 downloadable game?

mdubs

Banned
are you paying USD?

and did you have them open the box and mark it as used so that its 'possibly' not taxed?

i did that for my jp day 1 vita

Nippon-yasan will mark down the memory card to like $5 so there won't be customs. I didn't have to pay when I ordered mine

@Wreck

hey is anyone still getting these messages from futureshop even after you where notified it will be cancelled?

ftanruG.png

Has anyone bothered having their Best Buy E3 Last Of Us pre-order price adjusted since the price drop? Or are you just gonna wait till it ships and then say something if they still charge $49.

dream

Awesome. Without any prompting on my part (I was resigned to taking the L in the form of 15 day free shipping), the Amazon rep I spoke to just emailed me, telling me that he has upgraded my preorders to express shipping for free (is there a difference between that and the free two-day shipping from Prime?).

No real reason given, so I'm just going to assume it's a random act of kindness.

Megasoum

Banned
Welp lol...

So I received my Thrustmaster TX yesterday and I just ordered Forza 5 on Ebay (from Staples).... I still don't have an XB1 hah

Welp lol...

So I received my Thrustmaster TX yesterday and I just ordered Forza 5 on Ebay (from Staples).... I still don't have an XB1 hah

Thanks for the heads-up, I missed out on all the Target/Staples fire sales earlier, snagged the last Forza copy from Staples eBay. Finally I have an Xbox One game to play!

Returners

Has anyone bothered having their Best Buy E3 Last Of Us pre-order price adjusted since the price drop? Or are you just gonna wait till it ships and then say something if they still charge $49.

At this point I hope that honour that 54.99 * 30% and not the original 69.99 * 30% off.

suikodan

Anyone else in Quebec got this?

Best Buy Lol said:
17 juillet 2014,

Bonjour Suikodan,

Vous avez récemment passé une commande de Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition (PlayStation 4) et en raison d’une erreur dans notre système, le prix de 48.99 vous a été facturé, plutôt que le prix entier de cet article. Cela est survenu parce qu’une promotion séparée a été appliquée automatiquement à votre commande, par erreur.

Après avoir passé votre commande, vous avez reçu un courriel le lundi 7 juillet vous invitant à annuler votre commande originale et à la remplacer par un code promotionnel qui vous permettrait de garder le prix réduit. Ce code promotionnel était inactif et ne peut être utilisé pour réduire le prix de quelque produit que ce soit.

Scénario a)
Si vous avez annulé votre commande originale après avoir reçu le courriel du 7 juillet, mais aimeriez toujours recevoir le Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition (PlayStation 4) au prix réduit, conformément à la loi du Québec, veuillez communiquer directement avec nous au 1-800-663-2275 et nous passerons à nouveau la commande pour vous.

Scénario b)
Si vous n’avez pas annulé votre commande originale, veuillez ignorer le courriel envoyé le lundi 7 juillet qui contenait le code promotionnel et soyez assuré que vous recevrez votre article, au prix réduit, une fois la date de sortie arrivée.

Si vous souhaitez commander des exemplaires additionnels de Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition (PlayStation 4), vous pouvez le faire, mais le prix entier affiché sur BestBuy.ca vous sera facturé.

Nous sommes sincèrement désolés pour les inconvénients et nous vous remercions de votre fidélité et de votre patience.

Cordialement,

L’équipe de BestBuy.ca.

Basically it say that the code they supplied for Qc people didn't work and to call them if you cancelled the order. I didn't touch anything so the B scenario says that I will receive the item on time with the original price, as per Quebec laws.

Yay! Happy that I didn't touch my orders.

Sealtest

Has anyones kyrat been cancelled yet? I thought the email said they would be doing that..
Because my order is still fine.

terrible

Banned
Has anyones kyrat been cancelled yet? I thought the email said they would be doing that..
Because my order is still fine.

They haven't canceled mine yet either, though I expect it to be canceled prior to release anyway. I think I might actually prefer if they did cancel it to be honest since I don't even really want the game lol.

Found Skyward Sword used for $45. Do I bite? I only kind of want to play it again. But I also feel confident I could sell it for that price (or higher) later due to how rare it's become.

Ditto for a used Xenoblade at $70.

I can't speak to Xenoblade, but I think that is a fair assessment for Skyward Sword. At least in the Ottawa area it is quite rare to see it used (Kijiji, etc.) and usually goes $40-$45. If by some miracle you manage to get one at BestBuy, FutureShop, EB, its $40 used, $50 new. I don't know why it became so rare, but it always makes me regret not buying the edition with the gold wiimote when I think about it ;)

jholmes

I got a two-day Xbox Gold trial with an Xbox One controller I bought (for a PC) and since I found out about the Xbone controller deal in this thread, I thought I'd pay it back by offering the thing. Anyone interested?

mdubs

Banned
oh ic hmmm..

so they do that at request, or just automagically?

Yup, I've ordered a number of games and things from them and they always mark down without asking. My sister just received a figma from them marked down just yesterday.

Also for anyone interested, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix HD Limited Edition is on Amazon for 24.99 right now, just ordered a copy. Vanilla version is on for $20 at Future Shop

@Wreck

Yup, I've ordered a number of games and things from them and they always mark down without asking. My sister just received a figma from them marked down just yesterday.

Also for anyone interested, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix HD Limited Edition is on Amazon for 24.99 right now, just ordered a copy. Vanilla version is on for $20 at Future Shop

oh thanks i might just have to do this my vita card is getting full up

WEGGLES

Does shoppers do partial refunds?

Bought a sonicare tooth brush last week, starting Saturday they're 20% off. Can I bring in my reciept and get the difference, since it's within the return period? Or do I actually have to return it/rebuy it?

Also where would be a good place to get a cheap 16gb sd card and android phone charger for cheap? Not online though. My phone charger gets REALLY hot and makes a squealing noise when plugged in... and I don't wanna wait to get DKCR3D for my platinum reward.

Does anyone know if stores like Best Buy or Futureshop have stock of consoles solely for the store?

I'm asking because I plan on walking into a store on the day the Destiny PS4 bundle comes out to buy it, However, I feel like they might all be reserved or taken due to preorders. Unless pre-ordered consoles come from a warehouse instead of the stores?

I can't speak to Xenoblade, but I think that is a fair assessment for Skyward Sword. At least in the Ottawa area it is quite rare to see it used (Kijiji, etc.) and usually goes $40-$45. If by some miracle you manage to get one at BestBuy, FutureShop, EB, its $40 used, $50 new. I don't know why it became so rare, but it always makes me regret not buying the edition with the gold wiimote when I think about it ;)

i have regular edition. is that rare?

iphys

Does shoppers do partial refunds?

Bought a sonicare tooth brush last week, starting Saturday they're 20% off. Can I bring in my reciept and get the difference, since it's within the return period? Or do I actually have to return it/rebuy it?

I don't know if they have any kind of price protection, and some Shoppers refuse returns on electronics, but if it's something you're allowed to return and they can't just do the price adjustment for you, then just buy another one at the store and immediately return it with your original receipt.

Top Bottom