• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Sealtest

With how bad amazon.ca is recently with free shipping should i start choosing chapters for books? They price match any lowest online price but I don't know if they adjust orders if the price goes down.

vulva

so I moved away from Cambridge like a year or so back. Visiting my family I remembered I had a gift card for the mall still. Turns out every month I wasn't using it, they took 2.50 off the card. Annoying!

Luckily a store had some board games, so I bought 7 Wonders from there.

Tapejara

so I moved away from Cambridge like a year or so back. Visiting my family I remembered I had a gift card for the mall still. Turns out every month I wasn't using it, they took 2.50 off the card. Annoying!

Was it one of those Cadillac Fairview malls? I think I remember them doing the same thing. Nice malls though.

Be wary of the two PSP games included as they're on a download voucher which I think is long expired. BUT sometimes outdated codes can work, but I think it's a year out of date.

Yeah, be wary of this. I bought SOCOM 4 about a year after it released and the code for the free maps (normally $15 IIRC) was already expired. Sony isn't always good when it comes to download codes. Don't know if the voucher would already be expired as I don't own the collection.

ohlawd

Be wary of the two PSP games included as they're on a download voucher which I think is long expired. BUT sometimes outdated codes can work, but I think it's a year out of date.
what the fuck

that's... wow.

So what? Can people at least call and try to get their games if the codes don't work?

XBP

The codes were extended until 2016 by sony. I redeemed both games a few weeks ago. Got my copy from amazon.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Canadian law bans dormancy fees on gift cards from stores but they're allowed on gift cards from malls after 15 months on non-use.

Jinto

Not sure how many people don't have one already, but here are 2 Destiny beta codes. Quote to reveal.

Also picked up the MK8 visor from McDonald's. My collection is now complete. :D

Edit: I guess I should mention the code is for PS4.

i-Jest

Any thoughts about God of War Saga for $20 at amazon.ca?

You mean the Origins Collection vouchers? Most likely expired. To bad I can't play them on the Vita. Don't think Sony's gonna do another print run or would even send uyou a new voucher if you called in. Hope I'm wrong though.

EDIT:

The codes were extended until 2016 by sony. I redeemed both games a few weeks ago. Got my copy from amazon.

That solves that.

big_z

Canadian ebay.com users here, I have a question for you. Im ebaying an item worth $50USD to American buyers and want to end up with about $40CAD by the time I transfer the money from paypal into my bank account. How much do I ask for on ebay in USD to achieve this? (there is no shipping, digital item)

I know ebay takes 10% and paypal takes 2.9% + 0.30(I think) but am I missing any other fees? Currency conversion/withdrawal fees or anything like that?

frequency

Since my friend also pre-ordered, I have 2 extra PS3 Destiny codes.

PS3. I think we're the only 2 people in the world who pre-ordered for PS3.

PM if you need one.

(Also, Destiny is kind of boring...)

Both taken.

kevin1025

Banned
The Target thing is good and real! I'm in Ottawa, just picked up an Xbox One, and then got Titanfall for $15 off, plus used the $25 card from the Xbox One deal. It was pretty great!

lupinko

Any deals on itunes or Nintendo eshop gift cards? My friend back home wants me to get him japanese psn, and in return I want the former.

Past

With how bad amazon.ca is recently with free shipping should i start choosing chapters for books? They price match any lowest online price but I don't know if they adjust orders if the price goes down.

Isn't Chapters own by Amazon? Prices are the same, stocks are the same, the way they ship is the same and shipping time is pretty much the same too. If they aren't own by Amazon, I am still pretty sure Amazon at least use Chapters to distribute the books.

rinse82

Can I retroactively add Prime to existing orders that have not shipped?

Say I sign up for Amazon Prime today, will that option be available when I access my order and request a shipping change? Anyone ever do that before?

Did any of you guys who pre-ordered Destiny from Amazon.ca receive a beta password in your E-Mail at all?

I did yeah, it was the day after I pre-ordered if I remember correctly. Registered the code at Bungie, yesterday I logged into Bungie and it was a two click process to get the code from them.

Okamid3n

Uhh...not gaming related, but my printer of 10 years just broke. I only use it to print stuff or scan stuff for school, pretty much. I see a bunch of cheap 50$ printer/scanner, but I don't know what I should be looking for.

Anything I should try to avoid?? What price should I aim? Will I get ripped off on the price of ink?

Uhh...not gaming related, but my printer of 10 years just broke. I only use it to print stuff or scan stuff for school, pretty much. I see a bunch of cheap 50$ printer/scanner, but I don't know what I should be looking for.

Anything I should try to avoid?? What price should I aim? Will I get ripped off on the price of ink?

For me personally (I'm also a student) the most important thing to look at is the price of ink for whatever printer you're buying. It seems these days that printers are now dirt cheap with the companies recouping most of their money by forcing you to buy printer ink for ludicrous prices.

If you haven't used Monoprice before (it's constantly recommended on here and RFD) you should definitely look into their ink cartridges. I can get all of my ink for $5 a piece. Though the shipping may be long and the handling may be $10 or so, the amount of money that I've saved is incredible. Seriously, look into it!

Definitely look at the price of ink cartridges before you buy a printer. Also, in my experience, printers don't really last long, just know that going in.

The Target thing is good and real! I'm in Ottawa, just picked up an Xbox One, and then got Titanfall for $15 off, plus used the $25 card from the Xbox One deal. It was pretty great!

yep, at the target i work at i was scanning near every xb1 game we had, its 15 bucks off forrealz. i wanna get that rayman legends game ($25 after i use my $5 discount coupon) but i got a feeling it'll be free on XBL gold or PSN anyways

Any deals on itunes or Nintendo eshop gift cards? My friend back home wants me to get him japanese psn, and in return I want the former.

ah you just missed the itunes sale at target last week $47 for $50 card etc

Okamid3n

[...]
Definitely look at the price of ink cartridges before you buy a printer. Also, in my experience, printers don't really last long, just know that going in.

Thanks! I'll definitely look into the ink price. My old printer lasted me long, but the ink price was really bad.

More gaming related, specifically for Montreal residents, it seems the BANQ library now has PS4/Xbone/Wii U games up for free rental. They have a decent selection on wii u, I'll probably rent out titles I missed out on, like ZombiU, DK:TF and Pikmin 3. No W101, though, guess I'll still have to buy it at some point!

i-Jest

Quick question guys. How would you "gift" someone using Papal? I'm buying something in the b/s/t thread. I almost never use the service so yeah....

Quick question guys. How would you "gift" someone using Papal? I'm buying something in the b/s/t thread. I almost never use the service so yeah....

Go to "Send Money", select "friends and family", select "I will pay the fee", confirm the amount the recipient receives, and send the money.

dream

Can I retroactively add Prime to existing orders that have not shipped?

Say I sign up for Amazon Prime today, will that option be available when I access my order and request a shipping change? Anyone ever do that before?

Can you do it? I don't know.

I say that because I talked to someone via live chat asking for just that, and he told me he couldn't do it. But he sent me an email a few hours later telling me that he changed the shipping on those orders manually for me, and I'm not sure why.

(PS: Where's $20 God of War Saga on Amazon? I see it for $32)

Isn't Chapters own by Amazon? Prices are the same, stocks are the same, the way they ship is the same and shipping time is pretty much the same too. If they aren't own by Amazon, I am still pretty sure Amazon at least use Chapters to distribute the books.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. Amazon and Chapters are completely separate entities. You might be thinking of Chapters and Indigo--technically Indigo owns Chapters. I'm not even sure if you can go to a physical Chapters store anymore, or if they've all finally been rebranded to Indigo.

There are plenty of Chapters stores here in Ottawa (only one Indigo), and at least two in Halifax (zero Indigo). I think it just depends on the market and which store brand took off first.

I suspect Indigo/Chapters website is just doing everything they can to price match Amazon so they don't lose sales. I actually prefer buying books from Indigo online since they consistently use Canada Post and never ship with UPS.

Returners

I would use Chapters since they got their own rewards points. Might as well get something for those purchases.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Are they closing all the Indigo stores or are they only closing a few? It's pretty sad that the one by Scotiabank Theatre closed down...

Megasoum

Banned
Fuuuuck. I ordered Forza 5 for 35$ on staples (via ebay) yesterday and now I just saw that Target is selling it for 20$.

God dammit

ultra7k

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. Amazon and Chapters are completely separate entities. You might be thinking of Chapters and Indigo--technically Indigo owns Chapters. I'm not even sure if you can go to a physical Chapters store anymore, or if they've all finally been rebranded to Indigo.

When Indigo took over Chapters it retained most of the Chapters brand. That being said, I recall there being a total freeze on the Chapters brand (in fact, there was an expansion freeze for a couple years). So if any Chapters are in existence, they've been there since at least the take over by Indigo as no new Chapters were built. Anything else that was built afterwards would have been an Indigo.

Out west, there's still more Chapters than Indigo, but I think that is a little different back east.

Top Bottom