• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

ohlawd

No one's gonna be buying the 3DS version if you own both systems, though :p
But I know your issue. 3DS is more expensive for whatever reason. Give it time and Vita version will go up, too.

Well, I was gonna buy it for my 3DS but then I decided to make April my "clear the backlog" month. Only getting Demon Gaze on the 22nd and with shipping and shit, add two more weeks.

Ryne

I just want to complain to GAF for a moment.

I pre-ordered the Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster back in July of last year. I went to pick it up and the guys were handing me the regular edition, not the limited. Apparently the "FREE upgrade to Limited Edition Book Packaging" doesn't count if you don't go in to change it, sucks for me, I should have gone in to make sure.

The guys at the desk were incredibly helpful and are trying to get me a copy of the LE, but if I don't get it within 7 days I'm just going to return it. I know it's a small thing but with my shitty luck for the past month or so I just don't want to deal with it.

1N8Alc0.png

>:\

I made that face when I saw that too.... But then I saw the Amazon.ca listing it at 39.99 and price-matched as soon as I ordered it :D

Blues1990

I was able to get a copy of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for $40.00 at a local EB Games, given that store had ordered too much stock and just wanted to get rid of it anyway they see fit.

It might just be at that particular store, though, as it was selling at standard price elsewhere.

Magnus

I was able to get a copy of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for $40.00 at a local EB Games, given that store had ordered too much stock and just wanted to get rid of it anyway they see fit.

It might just be at that particular store, though, as it was selling at standard price elsewhere.

Lol wut. That's bizarre. They don't have the ability to adjust prices at store level like that, normally.

Yawnier

Banned
A bunch of Atlus games are on sale (again) on the 3DS eshop. Just thought I would mention it as I didn't see a thread for it or anything. I might pick up Etrian Odyssey IV, I really enjoyed the demo of it despite not being the most familiar with dungeon crawlers.

Slime

Banned
Damn, I figured I'd just be able to walk into a store this afternoon and pick up Ground Zeroes PS4, but it's nowhere to be found. Sold out at 3 EBs, 2 Future Shops and a Best Buy, and Wal-Mart doesn't even seem to be carrying it.

I should probably just go digital, but I want a box. :(

Guess I should probably preorder inFamous now.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Damn, I figured I'd just be able to walk into a store this afternoon and pick up Ground Zeroes PS4, but it's nowhere to be found. Sold out at 3 EBs, 2 Future Shops and a Best Buy, and Wal-Mart doesn't even seem to be carrying it.

It'll probably take you longer to find the game than to finish it.

Blues1990

Lol wut. That's bizarre. They don't have the ability to adjust prices at store level like that, normally.

In which I agree, as even the girl who served me had told me that her boss didn't care. Along with the Xbox One's that were going on discount, she wanted to get rid of that excessive stock to make room to promote the Playstation 4's that we're coming in.

But quite honestly, that isn't my problem. I got an excellent platforming game for a reasonable price, and I'm having a blast with it. :)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Jim Flaherty just resigned as the finance minister. The $50 PS4 price hike probably did him in.

What would be a fair price for a download code for Pokemon Y? Or is that allowed anywhere? I was thinking $30.

I wouldn't pay more than $20. I believe people are selling them in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

I'd probably pay no more than that for a copy of Final Fantasy x-2 as well.

I was pissed that my Amazon order will not come for the next few days (since I used free shipping) so I took a look at my local big box stores. It's sold out EVERYWHERE for the PS4. It looks like it's available for the One at my local BB store.

I might just cave and buy it tomorrow...

Returners

I went to Bestbuy and they didn't have any left. Only the PS4 version was sold out too. Crazy. Ended up getting my VGP preorder.

Cyrus365

Neo Member
Anyone know where I can get Disney Infinity in the next week or so for a decent price? For my little nephew, who's turning 6 on the wii!

Canon

Banned
I feel kinda screwed that I bought a 3DS XL for $169 at Shoppers, plus $25 in points, because I could've waited for a 20x the points event and got $40 in points. Oh well.

Vibranium

Banned
Jim Flaherty just resigned as the finance minister. The $50 PS4 price hike probably did him in.

Good. And yeah, good old Yoshida was probably responsible for his resignation lol.

His successor has a mandate to bring all Canadian videogames and console prices back to US parity, no matter what the dollar is at. Get 'er done!

hmm i like the look of those 299 Asus Laptops, anyone think they're worth a purchase?

Buy refurbished electronics at your own risk.

Not sure if it is any relevant but I bought a refurbished HP PC back in 07/08 for a good price because I was more interested in the processor which came with a Q6700 clocked pretty high. It came with 4GB of RAM and a decent graphic card, though I replaced the card with a much higher one later on.

I never had any issue with it and it is at my friends place now being used as a SQL back up for his work and I think it still works like charm. Buy I guess YMMV.

Oh cripes, the credit card I pre-ordered Infamous with from Shop.ca was stolen last night so I had to cancel it and get a new number. Now my pre-order probably won't go through, and I gotta pray they can switch payment to my wife's card if I can even get a hold of them. $49 for that game made me feel so special, there's no way I'm going to drop $70 on Friday somewhere locally.
First world problems.

Oh cripes, the credit card I pre-ordered Infamous with from Shop.ca was stolen last night so I had to cancel it and get a new number. Now my pre-order probably won't go through, and I gotta pray they can switch payment to my wife's card if I can even get a hold of them. $49 for that game made me feel so special, there's no way I'm going to drop $70 on Friday somewhere locally.
First world problems.

They didn't charge for it already? I thought since the game is only two days away, you could have already been charged for it.

If you don't mind going digital, you can get it for $70 on PSN and get $10 back(promo), so it ends up at $60.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They didn't charge for it already? I thought since the game is only two days away, you could have already been charged for it.

If you don't mind going digital, you can get it for $70 on PSN and get $10 back(promo), so it ends up at $60.
That PSN promo ended yesterday.

First world problems.

It'll probably take them a couple weeks to do such a complicated process!

FS have FF X|X2 Limited edition in stock, they are running out fast though!

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-limited-edition-playstation-3-english/10260778.aspx?path=a39208b9f740f70fb191211de27efbafen02

Sorry for the long link but I'm on mobile!

Kazerei

Banned
Haha, yeah, it kills me that my shelves are perfectly sized for DVDs or CDs (which fit DS and 3DS games). There's only like 1cm clearance. I stack my limited editions horizontally on top each other :\

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Blerp, I wonder if something happened to my mail man because he didn't show up today either. My packages are listed to have been "out for delivery" since yesterday.

Not much you can really do in that case anyway.

---

Haha, yeah, it kills me that my shelves are perfectly sized for DVDs or CDs (which fit DS and 3DS games). There's only like 1cm clearance. I stack my limited editions horizontally on top each other :\
I guess I'm the only one considering the move to binders? Having all that room dedicated to games I'll probably never play again seems kind of bad. But then again, it's because I also have an old DVD collection wasting space as well. lol

It'll probably take them a couple weeks to do such a complicated process!

FS have FF X|X2 Limited edition in stock, they are running out fast though!

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-limited-edition-playstation-3-english/10260778.aspx?path=a39208b9f740f70fb191211de27efbafen02

Sorry for the long link but I'm on mobile!

Ugh. I want. But at the same time, it's not like I'd ever get to it (probably). My games backlog is terribly huge and mostly RPGs :(

Plus, I'd told myself I would get either Etrian Odyssey Untold or IV from the Atlus sale.... Does the FFX limited edition come with anything special other than the art book?

Past

FS shipped my LE FFX/X-2 copy with a bubble envelope... It came undamaged, but still...

Edit: I'll take that back, it does have some noticeable damages now that I unsealed it and took a closer look. :(

Bronetta

Plus, I'd told myself I would get either Etrian Odyssey Untold or IV from the Atlus sale.... Does the FFX limited edition come with anything special other than the art book?

Nope. Just the artbook which also doubles as the disc holder.

Housh

Just got the shipment notification from FS for my Second Son preorder. I usually get games a day early from them so I'm super stoked to get it tomorrow in time for Nowruz :D

Top Bottom