• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Good news ps4 peeps, flyer at work for target starting july 25 shows

$50 gi ftcard with ps4 purchase
$15 giftcard with ds4 controller
and $15 of all ps4 games. Not the ones on sale or store specfic temp price cuts though

Jinto

and $15 of all ps4 games. Not the ones on sale or store specfic temp price cuts though

Thanks! I have all the PS4 games I want. Might bite on another controller though. Target usually has the best gaming deals outside of E3.

Does Amazon e-mail the codes for 1 year PS+ or do they ship them?

Amazon.ca ships the cards.

kurahadol

Walmart.ca is selling Rocksmith 2014 cable bundles for $34.99 for both Xbox 360 and PS3. Pretty solid deal, usually the cable alone costs more than this.

Edit: Guess its the same price on Amazon too.

Jinto

Canada's equivalent to the Best Buy B1G1 free deal.

hX9EXfN.png

i-Jest

Canada's equivalent to the Best Buy B1G1 free deal.

LOL the cruelty of it all. Why won't BB Canada do the same thing? Wouldn't be a great way to clear out some inventory? Then again I guess American and Canadian buying habits are different, so are our economies of scale.

Tagg9

Hmm, not bad. Is Tomb Raider still full-priced? I'll pull the trigger once it drops below $30.

farisr

Yup exactly that one. And going to that gives me some login screen.

I've heard of some problems happening with that modem and consoles, needed port forwarding. But iphones, ipads, computers are all supposed to work great with it so your problem is a little weird.

If those devices were working okay with a previous modem, and work okay with wifi elsewhere. then I say get the modem exchanged.

Actually before you do that, just take note of these things.

The modem shouldn't be in physical contact with any other electronic device, or within 1 foot of one. It should be at least a few feet away from things like speakers, and cordless phone bases/chargers. And it should be plugged directly into a wall outlet, rather than an extension/power bar.

Also, make sure it's connected to the original outlet it was installed into, moving the modem to another outlet without a tech can cause speed issues/internet connectivity issues to arise, as not all outlets are suited/configured for internet connections.

If all of these precautions are taken and it's still not working properly, then definitely go to exchange the modem.

I've heard of some problems happening with that modem and consoles, needed port forwarding. But iphones, ipads, computers are all supposed to work great with it so your problem is a little weird.

If those devices were working okay with a previous modem, and work okay with wifi elsewhere. then I say get the modem exchanged.

Actually before you do that, just take note of these things.

The modem shouldn't be in physical contact with any other electronic device, or within 1 foot of one. It should be at least a few feet away from things like speakers, and cordless phone bases/chargers. And it should be plugged directly into a wall outlet, rather than an extension/power bar.

Also, make sure it's connected to the original outlet it was installed into, moving the modem to another outlet without a tech can cause speed issues/internet connectivity issues to arise, as not all outlets are suited/configured for internet connections.

If all of these precautions are taken and it's still not working properly, then definitely go to exchange the modem.

Thanks for the advice! :) My dad actually ended up switching the modem numerous times. I just did a hard reset of the modem... and it's working now!

Also, has anyone seen a Pro Controller on sale recently?

It's pretty much Zellers V1.5 with the only change being better lighting.

I think it's worse, it's too bright in there. The light shines off the floor making it even worse, I feel off whenever I shop there.

Seriously. How does one big box store expect to compete with another without some online presence in the 21st century? Target clearly wasn't prepared for the Canadian market.

They'll be done for within a couple years if they don't try to one up Walmart in just about every aspect.

So MGSV Ground Zeroes PS4 for $30 (since its $45 at Target) or $20 if you can price match the $15 off at another store.

Also does the flyer say "$15 of all PS4 games" explicitly? Last time they had the 50% or more deal, things were not consistent between their stores.

So MGSV Ground Zeroes PS4 for $30 (since its $45 at Target) or $20 if you can price match the $15 off at another store.

Also does the flyer say "$15 of all PS4 games" explicitly? Last time they had the 50% or more deal, things were not consistent between their stores.

we currently have the $15 off all xbox one titles and its nationwide, except for sales temp store price cuts. it'll def' be $15 off all full priced PS4 games :)

plus if you saved that $5 coupon from last month, even better

we currently have the $15 off all xbox one titles and its nationwide, except for sales temp store price cuts. it'll def' be $15 off all full priced PS4 games :)

plus if you saved that $5 coupon from last month, even better

If it says all PS4 games on the flyer, I'm happy since I can just get it for $20 at Walmart. :p

I just realized that I have 2 Amazon E3 orders that have 2 games out of 3 in common. One has the Last of Us. Will I be able to just cancel my order after it ships or I will need to write to them as we do for FS/BB?

Returners

Wow reading the thread about Bestbuy's B1G1 3DS game makes me feel that there is RFD mentality in US too.

And also what would totally have happened in Canada if Bestbuy Canada actually did it.

Ventara

Wow reading the thread about Bestbuy's B1G1 3DS game makes me feel that there is RFD mentality in US too.

And also what would totally have happened in Canada if Bestbuy Canada actually did it.

Everything would be sold out online by 3:30 am EST. In store would be gone an hour after opening. Deal would be dead on day 2.

NYR

What's been the best deal on the Xbox One since launch? Thinking about picking one up w/o Kinect, I don't think it will be falling in price from $399 anytime soon...

zroid

Banned
Got my parents to pick up 3ds games at Bestbuy today while they're in the Virginia.

Lucky :(

The sale came a couple weeks too early for me; I'm going to be visiting Niagara Falls (US side) for a wedding soon. Woulda been nice to get some hot deals while I was there.

Megasoum

Banned
What's been the best deal on the Xbox One since launch? Thinking about picking one up w/o Kinect, I don't think it will be falling in price from $399 anytime soon...

I picked up a 399$ console + Dead Rising 3 + Forza 5 for 480$ TOTAL with taxes included at target. Their current deal with the 25$ gift card is pretty great.

I think Target? had a $25 gift card with purchase of an Xbox One. Other than that, it's just the usual Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum deals, general discounts like no-tax days at Real Canadian Superstore, and freak price errors like when Amazon.ca had the non-Kinect version on sale for $279.99. That was a fun hour or two.

iphys

Has anyone been able to find a Mario Kart 8 Happy Meal toy in a province other than Ontario or BC? In NS the McD's employees have no clue what I'm even talking about when I ask, and they consistently just have Train your Dragon frisbees.

Jinto

Has anyone been able to find a Mario Kart 8 Happy Meal toy in a province other than Ontario or BC? In NS the McD's employees have no clue what I'm even talking about when I ask, and they consistently just have Train your Dragon frisbees.

I'm in Alberta, and I've managed to buy all of them. They're selling them at all the McDonald's I've been to here.

Top Bottom