• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Dazzler

I pay 650 for one bedroom of a two bedroom apartment in Vancouver

considering what some other people play I've made my peace with it

Sora_N

You don't even need to do that. Just walk in with the game + the credit card that made the purchase. I always pulled up the receipt from my account on my phone but it wasn't ever necessary. I don't know what happens if the order was paid for with PayPal.

How long does the lookup take? I'd honestly rather just print out the receipt so it won't take any extra time.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How long does the lookup take? I'd honestly rather just print out the receipt so it won't take any extra time.
Exact same amount of time as having a printed receipt. They scan the game then swipe your card and it all comes up right away.

Returners

Takes a while if you have a lot of orders from them on the same CC. Also, it'll also pull up the other store's (BB if at FS and FS if at BB) since they share the same system.

Exact same amount of time as having a printed receipt. They scan the game then swipe your card and it all comes up right away.

Maybe I'm unlucky then, sometimes it does take a while. Even when I show them the receipt on my phone but they can't scan it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Takes a while if you have a lot of orders from them on the same CC. Also, it'll also pull up the other store's (BB if at FS and FS if at BB) since they share the same system.

Maybe I'm unlucky then, sometimes it does take a while. Even when I show them the receipt on my phone but they can't scan it.
That's weird because E3 2013 I made all separate orders and it was instantaneous when I returned a couple of the games.

zroid

Banned
I just noticed that there's a new msrp for FFX/X-2 HD. It's now 29.99. Another $10 off and this will be mine.

Might have to do the same... I've been feeling more pressure lately to grab some PS2 HD remakes since my BC PS3 died. I still have my PS2 but it's in a closet and I don't even know where the memory card is. :'/

Returners

Anyone got recommendation on earbuds? I'm talking about something along the lines of the standard Apple earbuds. Mine's breaking and I'm sick of replacing them year after year.

I hate in ears but that seems to be everywhere I look. Looking for at least a button as well if possible.

Yasumi

Banned
Anyone got recommendation on earbuds? I'm talking about something along the lines of the standard Apple earbuds. Mine's breaking and I'm sick of replacing them year after year.

I hate in ears but that seems to be everywhere I look. Looking for at least a button as well if possible.
These are what I use. Awesome sound quality. Or are you looking for ones that just sit in your ear, rather than inserted into your ear canal?

Magnus

I have joined my gaming brethren in the modern age. GIF threads now no longer load. They just 'are'. I click, and they exist. Life is now good.

XBP

Just got the MGS legacy collection from amazon and it doesn't include the artbook. I'm extremely disappointed right now. Thinking of returning this as amazon's listing still says that the artbook is included in this package.

Stage On

The ones from Tweaked audio are supposed to be pretty good build quality for the price. Or at least that's what I hear on the Geekbox all the time anyhow.

My current sony set started to die on the right side so I figured I'd give them a shot. Ordered a couple of days ago and am just waiting for them to show up.

http://www.tweakedaudio.com/thegoods.html

Ps - If you decide to go this route don't forget to use the discount code geekbox since that'll save you a good 30% off your order.

Returners

The ones from Tweaked audio are supposed to be pretty good build quality for the price. Or at least that's what I hear on the Geekbox all the time anyhow.

My current sony set started to die on the right side so I figured I'd give them a shot. Ordered a couple of days ago and am just waiting for them to show up.

http://www.tweakedaudio.com/thegoods.html

Ps - If you decide to go this route don't forget to use the discount code geekbox since that'll save you a good 30% off your order.

haha i actually have the Natural v3. Royal listener of The Comedy Button.

It's freaking hard to get good earbuds because they are sort of on the low end scale of audio equipment. Been using and subsequently breaking Apple's earbuds for a lot of years now, going through 8 months average for one pair.

i-Jest

Just got the MGS legacy collection from amazon and it doesn't include the artbook. I'm extremely disappointed right now. Thinking of returning this as amazon's listing still says that the artbook is included in this package.

FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!! Demand your money back and a $25 gift-card :p

by far the best earbuds on the market are Yuins (check the PK1,2,3). They have a few models. Even the cheapest one is better than most other shit. Google it breh. Thank me later. I'm just like you in that I can't do IEMs.

iphys

I pay 650 for one bedroom of a two bedroom apartment in Vancouver

considering what some other people play I've made my peace with it

$600 for a 1-bedroom near downtown Halifax, and my friend is paying $925 for a 2-bedroom in the same building that's only like 10% bigger than mine, mwa ha ha.

Stage On

haha i actually have the Natural v3. Royal listener of The Comedy Button.

It's freaking hard to get good earbuds because they are sort of on the low end scale of audio equipment. Been using and subsequently breaking Apple's earbuds for a lot of years now, going through 8 months average for one pair.

Tell me about it, even going 8 months for some pairs has been a stretch in the past. No matter how well you treat them something always seems to fail eventually.

My current ones from Sony that are shaped like standard apple ones actually lasted me a couple of years but wouldn't you know it they don't make this model anymore.

Even going high end doesn't seem to help any. I won a pair of House of Marley Ear Buds from Crush that I'd never normally buy due to how expensive the things are and those didn't even last a month before kicking the bucket.

Haven't actually played it though. I want it just for the music. Do you know how long the sale will go on for?

The tag just said temporary price cut. Target has been unpredictable so it could be a week, a month, a random date, or until they run out.

I listened to some of the remixes before the game came out, and yeah, the music is great. The last one you posted is really good.

I will try my luck in the Wii U Games thread.

So if it doesn't have the artbook, what does the Legacy Collection have that MGS HD PS3 plus MGS4 doesn't give you? And if this is in fact a reprint, is it even worth hanging onto because it might be scarce again?

Top Bottom