• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

suikodan

With mine, it will be $34.83.

That means Amazon will apply the rebate to the price advertised on "shipping" date and not when I pre-ordered it back in June, is that correct?

Crazy deal indeed. Best week of the year so far. I'm enjoying my 279$ XBone a lot ;)

Does anyone know if major stores will have a Destiny midnight launch? And do you think I'd be able to get the PS4 bundle if I went

Probably but will be very interesting to see how the PSN handles the load of the release. I guess it will help if they are letting people preload (assuming that feature is up for destiny)

Got my last of us money ready, either Target with the deal and the 5$ receipt coupon, or EBgames with the 5$ coupon I got for buying Watch_Dogs back on Day 1.
It can't be for nothing, right?

P.S. I pay 425 for my part of a 3 bedroom apartment. Reading these 1100$ prices for people is making me hurt.

I ordered ME3 for Wii U off of Best Buy used. The paper cover has a tiny corner which is fine. However, there is a giant (like 1/4 of the back) sticker on the back and the clear plastic part of the case is messed (due to the heat gun they use to wrap them?). What is the best way to get the sticker off? Are there any places I can buy Wii U cases?

Returners

Got my last of us money ready, either Target with the deal and the 5$ receipt coupon, or EBgames with the 5$ coupon I got for buying Watch_Dogs back on Day 1.
It can't be for nothing, right?

P.S. I pay 425 for my part of a 3 bedroom apartment. Reading these 1100$ prices for people is making me hurt.

Downtown Toronto where I live is even worse. :(

DJ_Lae

Damn. I pay $1350 for rent for half a duplex here in Edmonton, nothing included.

I miss paying $750 back in Victoria, although a one bedroom apartment would not be feasible in any way now.

I need to try and scoop up those Mario Kart toys.

scogoth

I ordered ME3 for Wii U off of Best Buy used. The paper cover has a tiny corner which is fine. However, there is a giant (like 1/4 of the back) sticker on the back and the clear plastic part of the case is messed (due to the heat gun they use to wrap them?). What is the best way to get the sticker off? Are there any places I can buy Wii U cases?

You can order wii u cases from Nintendo for I think $5

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You can order wii u cases from Nintendo for I think $5
Single case = $1.50 + $3 shipping.

Because they charge $3 for shipping on orders of $5 or less and $7 for shipping on orders of $5.01 or more it's cheaper to make two orders of 3 cases each (2x3x$1.50 = $9 + 2x$3 shipping for $15 total) if you want 6 of them than to make one order of 6 cases (6x$1.50 = $9 + $7 shipping for $16 total). It starts being cheaper to make one order once you want more than 6 cases.

FrsDvl

Damn. I pay $1350 for rent for half a duplex here in Edmonton, nothing included.

Edmonton is crazy expensive. we're paying 1395 right now for a 3 bedroom townhouse, which is very cheap it seems. Cause when we were looking for a place last year, most 3 bedroom were 1800/2000$

Single case = $1.50 + $3 shipping.

Because they charge $3 for shipping on orders of $5 or less and $7 for shipping on orders of $5.01 or more it's cheaper to make two orders of 3 cases each (2x3x$1.50 = $9 + 2x$3 shipping for $15 total) if you want 6 of them than to make one order of 6 cases (6x$1.50 = $9 + $7 shipping for $16 total). It starts being cheaper to make one order once you want more than 6 cases.

Damn, that seems expensive. At most I only need 3 (ME3, Mario Kart, and my Tekken case came messed).

Fuzzy

Damn, that seems expensive. At most I only need 3 (ME3, Mario Kart, and my Tekken case came messed).
3 cases would mean $7.50 (3x$1.50 + $3 shipping). It looks like they only have red WiiU cases also. They have red or white Wii cases if you want to go that route.

3 cases would mean $7.50 (3x$1.50 + $3 shipping). It looks like they only have red WiiU cases also. They have red or white Wii cases if you want to go that route.

If they only have red Wii U cases that ruins the point. I wanted a blue one for Mario Kart to be uniform.

I guess $2.50 each isn't that bad when it is from Nintendo directly.

jholmes

If they only have red Wii U cases that ruins the point. I wanted a blue one for Mario Kart to be uniform.

I guess $2.50 each isn't that bad when it is from Nintendo directly.

I have a blue case kicking around the house. I bundled it together with two Wii cases and sold it on eBay only for some dummy account to bid on it, so now I have to go to the hassle of sticking with some false bid for another month only to still have the thing still in my house.

What I'm saying is, maybe I can hook you up in September.

khaaan

Speaking of jobs, you know what sucks? Lunch/breaks not being paid :(
I started at a place last week that requires employees to put in 8 hours every day but lunch is not included in that period. I don't know how common that is but after working at places where the policy was "doesn't matter as long as your work is getting done".

OMG OREO DONUT AT TIM HORTONS!!

And oreo iced capps! It's kinda lame though. It's a regular iced capp with whipped cream and a pitiful amount of oreo chunks on top. I don't know if the lady who made it (she was a trainee) did it incorrectly though cause the promotional image shows oreo chunks blended into the iced capp itself.

kennah

Speaking of jobs, you know what sucks? Lunch/breaks not being paid :(
I started at a place last week that requires employees to put in 8 hours every day but lunch is not included in that period. I don't know how common that is but after working at places where the policy was "doesn't matter as long as your work is getting done".

Before taking my leave of absence this summer I learned that while I've been working 40 hour weeks for the last three years - my contract is only for 35 hour weeks.

Sora_N

Before taking my leave of absence this summer I learned that while I've been working 40 hour weeks for the last three years - my contract is only for 35 hour weeks.

I hope you got paid 40 hours a week

EDIT: From your post it seems not, sorry :(

I have a blue case kicking around the house. I bundled it together with two Wii cases and sold it on eBay only for some dummy account to bid on it, so now I have to go to the hassle of sticking with some false bid for another month only to still have the thing still in my house.

What I'm saying is, maybe I can hook you up in September.

Thanks, but I don't have PayPal. I probably should get around to making one soon.

iphys

I think in NS you only get paid for breaks if you have to be available to potentially do work during them, so if your employer gives you a lunch break where you can leave the premises and do whatever you won't get paid, but if they're just letting you take breaks as work permits without letting you leave then they have to pay you. They have to give you at least a 30 minute break for a shift of 5 hours, and I know I usually get paid for that in my 6-hour shifts because there's no specific scheduled time where I'll get that 30 minutes, but I usually end up working as I eat my lunch anyway, because they're rarely actually able to give us that 30-minute break. Sometimes I wish I had 30 minutes to myself where they didn't pay me, just so I could take an actual break in those shifts.

Joeku

As a followup to the coming week's Target flyer, it does indeed say "all ps4 games". So if the team member argues otherwise, push for the money off The Last of Us.

How do I go about returning a Futureshop preorder if they don't pack in receipts?

Sora_N

As a followup to the coming week's Target flyer, it does indeed say "all ps4 games". So if the team member argues otherwise, push for the money off The Last of Us.

How do I go about returning a Futureshop preorder if they don't pack in receipts?

Print it off from the orders in your account on the site

Fuzzy

Print it off from the orders in your account on the site
You don't even need to do that. Just walk in with the game + the credit card that made the purchase. I always pulled up the receipt from my account on my phone but it wasn't ever necessary. I don't know what happens if the order was paid for with PayPal.

Top Bottom