• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

explodet

If I never plan to play TLoU ever again, should I still trade my PS3 version for the PS4 version?
If you're never going to play it again, you might as well not bother. If you think you might pick it up again, then... maybe?

It's the same situation I'm in. Played through TLoU 3.5 times, really enjoyed the story, don't really want to play it anymore.

Seik

Banned
I asked @futureshop about having all my emails ignored over the past few months and they asked me to email their social media team, I'll let you all know if they say anything useful

Please do, I want to figure this out because there will probably be a couple of other titles where I'll need to do this. D:

It's kinda weird they shifted to ignoring e-mails like that, back then I got my answer the same day, most of the times.

If some of you guys are wanting to buy Ultra Street Fighter IV physical release, my Futureshop (Saskatoon) already has them on the shelf for purchase. Not sure about other stores, but it might be worth calling/checking.

Ok after sending an email to Best Buy regarding the price drop of The Last of Us Remastered and never receiving any response, I decided to call them.

To put you all into context, the game was listed at $69.99 during the E3 sales. A bit later, Sony dropped the price of the game to $54.99 but Best Buy never corrected the price in my pre-order. So basically, the 30% discount has been applied to the original price and not the adjusted one.

I wanted my $12.07 back so I called them. Guess what? They will not refund the difference. Their employees received directives to not refund it. Basically, their answer was "lol sorry".

So there you go. No refund at all. I guess you can safely assume this will be the same with Future Shop, as they're pretty much the same entity. This whole situation makes me want to cancel my thousand bucks pre-order with them just the principle. I'm really tempted to do it :/

Ok after sending an email to Best Buy regarding the price drop of The Last of Us Remastered and never receiving any response, I decided to call them.

To put you all into context, the game was listed at $69.99 during the E3 sales. A bit later, Sony dropped the price of the game to $54.99 but Best Buy never corrected the price in my pre-order. So basically, the 30% discount has been applied to the original price and not the adjusted one.

I wanted my $12.07 back so I called them. Guess what? They will not refund the difference. Their employees received directives to not refund it. Basically, their answer was "lol sorry".

So there you go. No refund at all. This whole situation makes me want to cancel my thousand bucks pre-order with them just the principle. I'm really tempted to do it :/

Refuse the package when it arrives to get a refund, then go buy the game at target for $39.99 (or price match it at FS/BB)

zroid

Banned
I'm just amazed that people are still being surprised by this after 2+ years

This is exactly why I went out of my way to order certain games from Amazon this year, because I expected they were going to have lower MSRPs than Best Buy listed at E3.

DrEvil

not a medical professional

So there you go. No refund at all. I guess you can safely assume this will be the same with Future Shop, as they're pretty much the same entity. This whole situation makes me want to cancel my thousand bucks pre-order with them just the principle. I'm really tempted to do it :/

do it.

But then you'd get no cheap games.

Refuse the package when it arrives to get a refund, then go buy the game at target for $39.99 (or price match it at FS/BB)

I already received the game and the payment has already been processed. Anecdotally, I called them first and foremost to cancel my pre-order of Sacred 3 but they told me the payment has already been processed so they couldn't not cancel it. When I checked my bank account, there was no payment being processed. The customer service girl told me to simply bring the game in a store and ask for a refund. Of course I'll do that but of course they won't pay for my fuel.

But then you'd get no cheap games.

I know right? Dilemma....

So there you go. No refund at all. This whole situation makes me want to cancel my thousand bucks pre-order with them just the principle. I'm really tempted to do it :/

What i did in my case.

PMed from Target @ futureshop and got TLOU @ 39.99$

returned my preorder

now my 3 with 20$ rebate per games pre-order have only 2 games with 20$ rebate per games

In your face Future Shit.

Honestly, I preordered 37 games at E3. THIRTY SEVEN! And a bunch of them were utilizing that Amazon glitch that was giving me a bigger discount than I should have been getting. I'm sure as hell not gonna contact Amazon and offer to pay more.

The way I see it is, you're still getting it for less than retail. If I take a couple hits in the span of 37 games to not make out like a bandit with every single one, I won't lose much sleep at night.

Seik

Banned

Welp.

That's your last year with me, Future Shop.

Grimsen

Same deal with FS. After getting denied by email, I didn't bother going in-store to get a price adjustment. I Just got the game from Target and returned the copy I got in the mail to FS. If they can't price-match without me having to jump through hoops, they're not getting my business for that product.

Seriously Future Shop/Best Buy in canada have the worst support ever.

I always need to persit to get a legit price match. Cashier or Support act like they are shareholder for the company.....

Honestly, I preordered 37 games at E3. THIRTY SEVEN! And a bunch of them were utilizing that Amazon glitch that was giving me a bigger discount than I should have been getting. I'm sure as hell not gonna contact Amazon and offer to pay more.

The way I see it is, you're still getting it for less than retail. If I take a couple hits in the span of 37 games to not make out like a bandit with every single one, I won't lose much sleep at night.

I agree that we're still getting a good deal. It's just that I don't like when they do that kind of shit. It infuriates me. I am also wondering if I really need all those fucking games. It's like I finally found a reason to cancel all this shit. If I do that, I'd probably end up buying half of those game at full price but I'll still pay less in the end if you know what I mean. I ended up spending more than I thought I would because the whole "save $21 on each game game!!!" was damn tempting. Truth be told, the fear of not getting the best bang for my bucks made me spend over my budget.

In the end, I guess I'll just cancel half of that order and keep the rebates going. That's the best move I can do for now.

I agree that we're still getting a good deal. It's just that I don't like when they do that kind of shit. It infuriates me. I am also wondering if I really need all those fucking games. It's like I finally found a reason to cancel all this shit. If I do that, I'd probably end up buying half of those game at full price but I'll still pay less in the end if you know what I mean. I ended up spending more than I thought I would because the whole "save $21 on each game game!!!" was damn tempting. Truth be told, the fear of not getting the best bang for my bucks made me spend over my budget.

In the end, I guess I'll just cancel half of that order and keep the rebates going. That's the best move I can do for now.

For the love of God, don't bulk cancel shit. I made that mistake last year, and half the games I cancelled, I still ended up buying.

Just leave your shit as is. You can always return a game after you've received it, if you decide against it. I promise you, you'll regret cancelling at least a few of them.

For the love of God, don't bulk cancel shit. I made that mistake last year, and half the games I cancelled, I still ended up buying.

Just leave your shit as is. You can always return a game after you've received it, if you decide against it. I promise you, you'll regret cancelling at least a few of them.

Yes, you are right. I guess I'm just a bit emotional right now. Shit just pisses me off, even if we're talking about $12 or so. I just fucking HATE with a passion that kind of attitude...

Seik

Banned
If Amazon does an E3 promo next year, jump on it. I've had my prices adjusted AUTOMATICALLY several times already based on Amazon price drops. It's fantastic.

I was very tempted to go with them this year, it's just that I was used to have a decent service with FS and it was 2 years straight I've been going with them without having a problem.

Now? Hahahaha, they can go fuck themselves, I'm sure and I hope it'll show on their sales numbers.

I was very tempted to go with them this year, it's just that I was used to have a decent service with FS and it was 2 years straight I've been going with them without having a problem.

Now? Hahahaha, they can go fuck themselves, I'm sure and I hope it'll show on their sales numbers.

Oh believe me, their sales numbers are nothing to write home about lately

grumble

I am jealous of your free time haha

I figure you guys might be able to tell me how hard/easy this is

I need to cut a Wind sim card down to Micro size.....is it easy to do on my own or should i just go buy a new sim

joecanada

Oh believe me, their sales numbers are nothing to write home about lately

The only great thing about fs is I basically rent from them. Have returned 70% of everything I have ever bought there. In cameras I think I am on my third that originally was purchased like 6 years ago.

To jump on the Future Shop dogpile: can you not cancel online orders without calling customer service anymore? I know I have canceled stuff online before but just can't find the option now.

jholmes

Tried to get Wii Fit U at Target but they sold out of it at $17. So they called another store and had it put on hold for $10 (!?)

Top Bottom