• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

krae_man

All the Targets near me have every game behind lock and key. How do you find out what is on sale without finding a clerk to scan their entire inventory one at a time?

It should already be marked down with a sale tag on display. Not all games are marked down the same at every Target. One near me has GT6 for $40 while another one has it for $10.

Tuck

Centre point had great deals but they are all cleared out now. Still have splinter cell blacklist and arkham origins for the 360 for just seven dollars though

master15

Question about buying PS4 in Vancouver. I wanted to get console bundle with Second Son and now I see they all include digital version of Last of Us. Anyone know if anyone is selling Second Son bundle?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: Wonderful was 10$ finally! :)

Enjoy! It's one of the best games I ever played. My suggestion: start on Easy, and don't give up too soon. You will be confused for the first couple of levels as tutorials are pretty poor at preparing you to the complex mechanics and steep difficulty curve, but once it "clicks" , it's incredible.

jholmes

Hello fellow Hamiltonian. :)

Was the stock any good for PS4 games? If so I might have to head out there.

The PS4 section is the only one I don't remember anything from but I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least the same Madden deal the Xbox One had. I don't have a PS4 so I didn't really spend much time looking. There's a fair bit of PS3 stuff on sale so I'd at least take a look if you're near the store. Don't bother with Upper James or Ancaster though, they sound pretty picked over.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Now onto the Guelph location, a buddy of mine went there and one guy loaded up carts full of EVERY GAME ON SALE and bought them all. That store is absolutely cleared out, don't even brother checking it out.

Here's a picture he took of one of the carts...

http://s28.postimg.org/cjrs9o0jh/unnamed_1.jpg

I'm sure they can make a profit off of all of those games, but this just doesn't make sense to me. I guarantee they'll be stuck with 14 copies of WWE or Madden 25 after all is said and done. They prevented anyone else from buying games, way to ruin it for everyone.

I hate Guelph now. lol

So this Target deal was nuts!

I went to the Waterdown location while I was picking up the girlfriend and managed to grab these for myself and a friend:

Wii Party U with Wiimote - $10
Batman Arkham Origins X360 - $10
Call of Duty Ghost PS4 - $10
Super Mario 3D World Wii U - $15
Pikmin 3 Wii U - $10

The selection wasn't that picked over so if you live near there check it out. They still had some Xbone and Wii U games left along with the usual PS3 & 360 games as of last night.

Now onto the Guelph location, a buddy of mine went there and one guy loaded up carts full of EVERY GAME ON SALE and bought them all. That store is absolutely cleared out, don't even brother checking it out.

Here's a picture he took of one of the carts...

unnamed_1.jpg

I'm sure they can make a profit off of all of those games, but this just doesn't make sense to me. I guarantee they'll be stuck with 14 copies of WWE or Madden 25 after all is said and done. They prevented anyone else from buying games, way to ruin it for everyone.

He better not be your buddy now.

Maximus.

Fuck the targets around me never have these crazy ass deals. Every time I go check they never have them and acknowledge they know other stores do. They did do the Wii U and 3DS discounts, but I already owned those systems. Otherwise, nothing!

btkadams

Every time I go to Target (2 stores today), they never have any of these good deals. Full shelf of Wonderful 101 at $59.99 at both. Only stuff on sale ate games like Zumba, Angry Birds Space, and Just Dance. Never any wii u pro controllers.

koopas

His buddy took the picture and is not the hoarder lol
The one near me I had a big guy buy probably 150+ games. After he paid for them he went back for more and on his second attempt the staff informed him that they received word from head office the limit is two games per title.

So they are supposed to enforce this.

RS4-

The one near me I had a big guy buy probably 150+ games. After he paid for them he went back for more and on his second attempt the staff informed him that they received word from head office the limit is two games per title.

So they are supposed to enforce this.

And there'd be RFD users bitching about being limited on buying items and make threats about calling HO, supervisors, etc.

I always laugh when I see something on RFD, rush to the store, and see a few people asking the CSR the same questions, everyone glances at each other and no words are exchanged as we all know why we are there.........except when there is a hoarder......then disapproving glares are sent that way

daevv

Picked up PS4 copies of Madden for $10 and Need for Speed for $15. Had Angry Birds Star Wars in my hand ($10) and put it back. Used my $10 gift card I got for buying Lego Move for Vita a few weeks ago. :)

I can't explain how much I dislike the people and mentality over at RFD. It completely ruins any sense of excitement in finding a deal, and instantly turns it into one of the most stressful endeavours.

Anth0ny

Target sale is fucking crazy but everything is sold out/I already own.

Picked up gears 3 for $7 and dbz: battle of z for $10. Good haul I'd say.

If anyone sees an extra Wii U Pro controller, I'd be glad to pay to have it shipped to me! I don't have a Target near me, unfortunately.

Tapejara

Man you guys are lucky. My Target was pretty much cleared out. I got Angry Birds Star Wars (PS4) and Uncharted: Golden Abyss for $10 and $10.20, respectively. Was hoping they'd have Ground Zeroes on sale.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Guys I want to buy Wii U. What's the best deal and games I can get. And from where. I am in Toronto

At $25 it's probably not worth it, but if anyone sees it at $12 that's another story.

Haha, misunderstood your post at first. Thought you were saying that the Pro Controller doesn't worth it at 25$. You probably meant that with the price of shipping it and everything, almost better just buy one yourself at normal price?

Man you guys are lucky. My Target was pretty much cleared out. I got Angry Birds Star Wars (PS4) and Uncharted: Golden Abyss for $10 and $10.20, respectively. Was hoping they'd have Ground Zeroes on sale.

Yea I wanted Grond Zero for PS4 but it was still 44.99$... If there is an overpriced game that can be sold for way the fuck cheaper it's that one!

Sajjaja

Are these Target things marked down with these prices or do they scan to that? Cause the target I went to didn't have anything on sale except Tomb Raider for xbone and ps4

NYR

Xbox Live subscription deal. 1 year for around $45 CAD.

I can confirm this works for Canadians, just did it. You can get it for $42.75 CAD to save 5% if you like them on Facebook.

Via this thread: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=866318&page=1

Link to deal:
https://slickdeals.net/f/7099656-cd...rship-xbox-one-360-38-57-after-5-off-code?v=1

Here is the process, in case you were wondering:
1. Choose to Pay by PayPal, enter in your log in details and confirm.

2. It will take you back to the page with the form filled out. Complete your order.

3. You'll get an email receipt with a link instantly - it will be in the bottom left labeled " link (download)".

4. Once you click the link, you'll be asked to verify the purchase with a phone #.

5. Enter in your phone # and choose weather to have the 4 digit code called to you or SMS.

6. Enter in code (the box pops up as soon as you hit one of the call or SMS buttons).

7. Page refreshes, with a download code for your use, enter on your xbox!

Lexxism

They should have a limit of how many copies of a game one can buy like 4 copies max.

I think those games were on clearance. I guess that's why there's no limit. I still remember someone from RFD who bought 6 PSV because it was being sold for $100 -_-

Sora_N

I only went to Fleur de Lys and it was not picked cleaned yet. Windwaker HD were all gone but there was still 3D World for 15$ and a bunch of other games. Could be the one in Lévis too.

3D world is 15? Wow

If anyone can help me get 3D World and WW please? Would really appreciate it.

Top Bottom