• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

XBP

I was finally able to find saints row 4 national treasure edition in one walmart. It was hidden in a corner in their 'value games' display. :S Plus grabbed uncharted 2 GOTY edition for 10$ as well from there.

kitzkozan

Well, time to check out my loccal store.

I checked a local store which often has discount and came back with Tomb Raider DE and Gran Turismo 6. :] $30 for Tomb Raider and $10 for GT6 + my $5 off a video game coupon which I was holding on for far too long. :p I pretty much bought Tomb Raider for $25 which is about the price I'm willing to pay for it. Best of luck to everyone checking out their Target as hoarders seems to be going overboard based on the thread at Red flag.

Ryne

What were those batteries that everyone says is absolutely amazing? I'm drawing a blank and looking for a new set of batteries.

elty

Energizer and Ikea's Ladda used to be Eneloop rebadged, but I think they switched supplier to some Chinese based company so it is now worse.

Damn, I just got Mario and Sonic a week ago and it dropped even more. I don't think Target has price protection. Oh well. I hope they still have some of this news stuff when I manage to get there.

Ondore

To follow up on the Ultra Street Fighter IV in store announcement - I preordered it from Best Buy during E3 and got the shipping notification tonight.

I'm guessing this is due to the holiday Monday? I honestly thought it wouldn't ship until Tuesday.

So this Target deal was nuts!

I went to the Waterdown location while I was picking up the girlfriend and managed to grab these for myself and a friend:

Wii Party U with Wiimote - $10
Batman Arkham Origins X360 - $10
Call of Duty Ghost PS4 - $10
Super Mario 3D World Wii U - $15
Pikmin 3 Wii U - $10

The selection wasn't that picked over so if you live near there check it out. They still had some Xbone and Wii U games left along with the usual PS3 & 360 games as of last night.

Now onto the Guelph location, a buddy of mine went there and one guy loaded up carts full of EVERY GAME ON SALE and bought them all. That store is absolutely cleared out, don't even brother checking it out.

Here's a picture he took of one of the carts...

unnamed_1.jpg

I'm sure they can make a profit off of all of those games, but this just doesn't make sense to me. I guarantee they'll be stuck with 14 copies of WWE or Madden 25 after all is said and done. They prevented anyone else from buying games, way to ruin it for everyone.

Luigi87

I'm sure they can make a profit off of all of those games, but this just doesn't make sense to me. I guarantee they'll be stuck with 14 copies of WWE or Madden 25 after all is said and done. They prevented anyone else from buying games, way to ruin it for everyone.

RFD in a nutshell.

So this Target deal was nuts!

Wii Party U with Wiimote - $10
Batman Arkham Origins X360 - $10
Call of Duty Ghost PS4 - $10
Super Mario 3D World Wii U - $15
Pikmin 3 Wii U - $10

Wow that is insane, they could have easily sell all those for double the price. Great haul mate! Know wondering if I should go hunt for Wonderful 101...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Wow that is insane, they could have easily sell all those for double the price. Great haul mate! Know wondering if I should go hunt for Wonderful 101...

You should. Hey, even if you find it at $60, you should buy it!

That was actually the game I went looking for there!

It was 29.99 (or maybe $39.99?), a little too much for me. Was hoping it'd be $10 like the others. Oh well, I doubt I'd have time to play it anyways.

Zing

Banned
I'm not so sure about being able to sell them for double the price. The market for these games is small and only able to absorb so much. At these clearance prices, the people buying them are mostly speculators and resellers who will have to trickle out the games over the course of weeks/months. I suspect there are very few casual buyers who would specifically seek out these games at this point. If you have had a Wii U for a while and don't already own Pikmin and Mario World, then what have you been playing all this time?

Although, I don't understand why Target does these clearance prices for a while then restocks and reverts to full price later. Why not just do an across the board price cut if they are willing to keep this stuff on the shelf for years?

jholmes

CuthbertAllgoodz -- you're in luck! (Maybe)

I went to the Barton Street Target in Hamilton and it had a ton of stuff on sale, but the Wii U stuff was a cut above. Mario & Sonic at Sochi, Wii Fit U including the Fit Meter, AC4 Black Flag, SASRT and, yes, The Wonderful 101 were all $10. I think they were doing Wii Party U with a remote for $10 but sold out. Pikmin 3 was $20. Pro controllers are $25 and white nunchuks are $7. Crazy deals! I went a little nuts.

targetreceipt.jpg

I went to the Barton Street Target in Hamilton and it had a ton of stuff on sale, but the Wii U stuff was a cut above. Mario & Sonic at Sochi, Wii Fit U including the Fit Meter, AC4 Black Flag, SASRT and, yes, The Wonderful 101 were all $10. I think they were doing Wii Party U with a remote for $10 but sold out. Pikmin 3 was $20. Pro controllers are $25 and white nunchuks are $7. Crazy deals! I went a little nuts.

targetreceipt.jpg

Hello fellow Hamiltonian. :)

Was the stock any good for PS4 games? If so I might have to head out there.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I really wish Target had an online store

This.

and my god, this year I have bought more games from Target than EB games, BestBuy and Futureshop combine. And only because of this thread lol otherwise I wouldn't even know the deals at Target without going there.

Do we have anyone who works there?

Luigi87

targetreceipt.jpg
It feels so weird to see a receipt from the store I work at, lol

Though I haven't been in a few weeks, as was on vacation in Tokyo.

Magnus

Wish there were Targets in downtown TO. Crazy.

What is the nature of these crazy deals? Are they getting out of games? Crazy prices.

Lexxism

This.

and my god, this year I have bought more games from Tigers than EB games, BestBuy and Futureshop combine. And only because of this thread lol otherwise I wouldn't even know the deals at Tiger without going there.

Do we have anyone who works there?

Tigers? Or target? The luigi87 guy works there.

Argh, there's a Target that's been slated to open up near my house for months now, but they're taking forever to open. I just bought a Wii U yesterday, and I want some games!

If anyone picks up/can pick up an extra copy of Mario 3D World or Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, let me know via PM -- I'll pay for shipping to Ottawa!

targetreceipt.jpg
Holy shit someone from Hamilton. I go there for school (Mac woop). I didn't even know there was a Target on Barton. I usually get my games from the EB games on University Plaza

This is so YMMV. Target closest to me had Wonderful 101 for 10$ and they are sold out. The annoying one to get to has it in-stock for 15$. I will go get it, but it still sucks that I did not jump on this fast enough, now I lose 1 hour more of transport and I pay 5$ more haha. Still a great price!

Tropical Freeze was full price at one of them and possibly lower price at the one I am going to but out of stock. Anyone saw DK on sale?

Edit: Wonderful was 10$ finally! :)

Huh, has this always been a thing? Amazon just sent me an email saying Persona Q is eligible for 'Release Day Delivery' and they automatically changed my order. I just noticed now it says "Expected November 25th" which is the release day for Persona Q

Top Bottom