• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Hitman Inc

Neo Member
Damn, tempted to drive right over there myself. Were there any left? That location's videogame section is pretty pathetic on the best of days (then again, most Superstores are).

Would be ideal to pair it with one of their frequent save the GST + extra 5% discount, but that's probably not going to happen soon.

Wife said that there was one left after she grabbed one. The one on 137th was sold out.

Jinto

The last Superstore I went to got rid of their electronics section. I used to make my mom buy me games from there all the time when I was younger whenever we went grocery shopping.

I'm almost tempted to pick up an Xbox One for no other reason than to have one.

The last Superstore I went to got rid of their electronics section. I used to make my mom buy me games from there all the time when I was younger whenever we went grocery shopping.

I'm almost tempted to pick up an Xbox One for no other reason than to have one.

That's basically why I picked one, and that's all I've achieved having it, just having one lol

Takuan

Does amazon.ca deliver pre-order on time normally? Or should i just pre-order from a local store if i want to play on the release date?

I typically get Amazon.ca orders the next business day after release, in Toronto. Best Buy/FS typically arrive on launch day.

Yasumi

Banned
Welp, BestBuy hasn't shipped out Akiba's Trip yet, and it's showing the game as being Out of Stock when I check my order. Slightly worrisome.

all targets Canada wide, although game selection varies depending on location. im in alberta myself and ive used target receipts from all over Canada to price match the following:

wii u luigi Mario bundle ($130)
MK8 ($37),
SM3DW ($30),
dktf ($16),
wii party u with wiimote plus ($3)
wii fit u with fit meter ($9)

I don't even bother with target due to dipshit hoarders. I just save the receipts to my phone and price match.

check the red flag thread, I think theres receipts for that game showing $10.

Hey, So I went to Target yesterday and they were charging me $50 for both SM3DW and Donkey Kong TF... How can I get the low prices, is there a flyer or something?

I guess my Tomb Raider E3 order is useless. I'll just have to order the Xbox One version during next year's E3 sale.

Hopefully they give out a coupon when they cancel it.

Jinto

Or wait because they just announced a new 1TB model:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872873

500 bucks though.

With COD and No Kinect tho. The only reason I'm debating whether I should get one now is because you can find the Kinect bundle for the same price as without. The white one, on the other hand, might be worth waiting for. If I never use it, at least it'll look pretty.

Does amazon.ca deliver pre-order on time normally? Or should i just pre-order from a local store if i want to play on the release date?

I've never received pre-orders on release day from them. Today will be a first, if it happens.

Hey, So I went to Target yesterday and they were charging me $50 for both SM3DW and Donkey Kong TF... How can I get the low prices, is there a flyer or something?

It's completely ymmv.

Welp, BestBuy hasn't shipped out Akiba's Trip yet, and it's showing the game as being Out of Stock when I check my order. Slightly worrisome.

This is what happens when they don't receive a game on time. They might receive it today at the warehouse/stores so it's kind of accurate to say "Out of Stock". I would not worry.

I guess my Tomb Raider E3 order is useless. I'll just have to order the Xbox One version during next year's E3 sale.

Yea we'll see what happen, the wording on the exclusivity is weird. As long as they don't cancel until we get a definitive answer.

Quadratic

I wouldn't mind if they gave me the option of switching to the X1 version. I hope it doesn't require a call to a CSR though.

I came to this realization while in this same thread yesterday. I'm not expecting Akiba's Trip until tomorrow at the least, and latest I'm expecting it is Friday

Amazon will ship Disgaea 4 whenever the fuck they want to I guess

Sealtest

so amazon is being really fucky with the day-zero edition of call of duty. I pre-ordered it back when it was guaranteed release date shipping and now i'm getting multiple people telling me i'll get it the third and some saying I'll get it the forth.

Anth0ny

What movie?
the-adventures-of-supfda47.jpg

I forgot I had ordered it. Everything else had arrived within a week or two.

Now that I look at my orders, it looks like they didn't ship the Ninja Turtles trilogy blu ray I ordered. Huh. Better give them a call... or maybe it'll show up next week. Who knows.

Lexxism

OT: lol. I thought gaf was down or something. I can't get in when using my home's internet yet I'm able to reach it using my mobile data.

edit: never mind. I can open it now

Sora_N

This is sorta random but anyone know someone that would be interested in Katy Perry tickets for Vancouver September 9, 2014?

My gf is going away for school so we can't go anymore. I don't have much experience selling these and no one's biting on craigslist.

I'll probably trying listing in BST in a few days lol.

Sealtest

So.. did anyone else get an email from amazon saying there order for either call of duty or batman is being held till you update your credit card?( my credit card is valid and worked on amzon for years) I did... this just makes another thing amazon has messed up with.

O and look both release date delivery for call of duty and batman are gone and they can't fix it... It's like they're screwing with me.

Has anyone been able to find Akiba's Trip anywhere yet?

Well my BB E3 pre-order says "Out of Stock" and if it's anything like what happened to me with Ys Tales of Celceta the shipments are gonna come late today or early tomorrow.

Also I just noticed the game is listed at $39.99 on the CDN PSN store digital so if you want that instead the other option is there, and it's cheaper than EB Games.

So.. did anyone else get an email from amazon saying there order for either call of duty or batman is being held till you update your credit card?( my credit card is valid and worked on amzon for years) I did... this just makes another thing amazon has messed up with.

O and look both release date delivery for call of duty and batman are gone and they can't fix it... It's like they're screwing with me.

Sounds almost like a phishing email...

I just got a DVD in the mail from the Cineplex Boxing Day sale last December.

what the fuuuuuuuuuck

Holy crap. So glad I didn't cancel that one Cineplex order that still hasn't shipped yet. It's the bonus disc for the Avengers Emma Peel box set (the 1960s British spy TV series, not anything related to the comics). I assumed the listing was a mistake because the disc hasn't been available in years, but Cineplex still hasn't sent a cancellation notice eight months later, sooo...

Jinto

Just pre-ordered the white Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle from Amazon. I'm still debating whether I should get the Kinect bundle right now for the same price. To the Xbox One owners here, how do you guys like the Kinect?

Before I post this in the Buy/Sell thread, I figured I'd do it here since you dudes are all Canadian:

I'm selling my Club Nintendo Platinum Award, in exchange for PSN (Canadian) credit or Amazon.ca credit.

Let me know if you're interested.

So I noticed that the corner of my Last of Us PS4 copy is chipped. Would Target replace it for another copy of the same game because the box is damaged? I'm pretty OCD about this kind of stuff.

Sora_N

So I noticed that the corner of my Last of Us PS4 copy is chipped. Would Target replace it for another copy of the same game because the box is damaged? I'm pretty OCD about this kind of stuff.

Just exchange it and say the disc doesn't run or buy a new case lol.

zedge

Anyone know the trade in value for Titanfall xbox one version at Best Buy? Its $25 for the digital version on the store right now, wondering if I would get this much so I can rebuy and ditch the disc.

Just pre-ordered the white Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle from Amazon. I'm still debating whether I should get the Kinect bundle right now for the same price. To the Xbox One owners here, how do you guys like the Kinect?

It's far more powerful than the first one but it's more useless at the same time!
No Kinect games, and even gesture/voice recognition is hit or miss but still I'd rather have the option if it ever gets implemented into games or whatever :)

Megasoum

Banned
It's far more powerful than the first one but it's more useless at the same time!
No Kinect games, and even gesture/voice recognition is hit or miss but still I'd rather have the option if it ever gets implemented into games or whatever :)

I love it for voice stuff but that's pretty much it. I have mine actually pointing the other way lol.

Madness

Just a heads up, Samsung came out with a new pro tablet called the S and so they discontinued their PRO 10.1" model. Target Canada had it for a ridiculously low price of only $349 (msrp was $519 and usually sells at future shop for $489), I got it price matched at a local future shop because Target was out. Only $349, the guy wouldn't price beat because he said it had to be in stock (obviously lying).

Now the new S tablet is better, but this was a phenomenal price for how powerful it is. It didn't go below $400 even in the US.

Maybe off-topic, but does anyone have experience with online shops that mail through UPS Mail Innovations? I went back to teefury tonight and saw they'd switched to this service... but I seriously equate anything UPS (or Fedex for that matter) with highway robbery brokerage and custom fees....

So is this just a re-branded UPS service and will I get taxed up and charged if I send through this now?

UberTag

Just a heads up, Samsung came out with a new pro tablet called the S and so they discontinued their PRO 10.1" model. Target Canada had it for a ridiculously low price of only $349 (msrp was $519 and usually sells at future shop for $489), I got it price matched at a local future shop because Target was out. Only $349, the guy wouldn't price beat because he said it had to be in stock (obviously lying).

Now the new S tablet is better, but this was a phenomenal price for how powerful it is. It didn't go below $400 even in the US.
It's a great little tablet. Picked one up on sale for $349 at Best Buy back in May.
No complaints at all.

Well my BB E3 pre-order says "Out of Stock" and if it's anything like what happened to me with Ys Tales of Celceta the shipments are gonna come late today or early tomorrow.

Also I just noticed the game is listed at $39.99 on the CDN PSN store digital so if you want that instead the other option is there, and it's cheaper than EB Games.
I hope you're right.

I'm not gonna cancel, because I pre-ordered during the E³ deal, and I prefer physical copies.

Firestorm

He wasn't supposed to price match at all...

Jinto

I just got back from Superstore and they had copies of Diablo 3 for PS4 out. I had to double check the release date, because I have it pre-ordered. Yep, it's not supposed to come out until next week.

I love it for voice stuff but that's pretty much it. I have mine actually pointing the other way lol.

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I decided to hold off on buying one for now. I'll wait for the white one.

Top Bottom