• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Cynar

Just a heads up, Samsung came out with a new pro tablet called the S and so they discontinued their PRO 10.1" model. Target Canada had it for a ridiculously low price of only $349 (msrp was $519 and usually sells at future shop for $489), I got it price matched at a local future shop because Target was out. Only $349, the guy wouldn't price beat because he said it had to be in stock (obviously lying).

Now the new S tablet is better, but this was a phenomenal price for how powerful it is. It didn't go below $400 even in the US.

I feel sorry for that guy if you have that attitude on here. The guy went above and beyond for you and wasn't even supposed to price match if the other place had no stock. You got lucky, no need to be a dick.

Madness

I feel sorry for that guy if you have that attitude on here. The guy went above and beyond for you and wasn't even supposed to price match if the other place had no stock. You got lucky, no need to be a dick.

The fuck? I was super friendly with him. I worked at Best Buy Canada for almost 3 years, I know what the policies are, what you can slide on, and what kind of customers there are. Who was a dick? He was laughing with me too, saying I can price beat, but I'd have to call in, do you want me to? And I laughed and he laughed too. That was a lighthearted comment by me. Take your assumptions elsewhere man.

Edit: That said, YMMV, the guy at Target said they might get stock in on Thursday before the sale ends, so you can try your luck that way, or ask for price match at future shop I guess.

farisr

Only $349, the guy wouldn't price beat because he said it had to be in stock (obviously lying).

That in stock thing seems to be an actual requirement (seems to have been implemented recently). I've seen people get denied even a price match based off that.

Edit: Talking about FS here, not sure about BB but I would reckon they'd have similar policies. Seeing as you worked there, were there any metrics or blowbacks on you if you pricematched things too often, that would explain these employees being so against pricematching stuff.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Sunset Overdrive and COD: AW Xbox One bundle are up on Amazon.ca

White one looks so good

So has anyone seen Akiba's Trip in any FS or BB's in the GTA? Akiba's Trip is still listed as "Out of Stock" on my order list and I'm tempted to just check if FS nearby has it and PM VGP.ca or something cause it's listed at 39.99

EDIT: Apparently EB Games got their copies though. Is this just a thing with FS and BB?

So has anyone seen Akiba's Trip in any FS or BB's in the GTA? Akiba's Trip is still listed as "Out of Stock" on my order list and I'm tempted to just check if FS nearby has it and PM VGP.ca or something cause it's listed at 39.99

EDIT: Apparently EB Games got their copies though. Is this just a thing with FS and BB?

Akiba seems like the type of game that will appear and disappear at Future Shop overnight. I didn't see it today. Yonge and Eglinton

Akiba seems like the type of game that will appear and disappear at Future Shop overnight. I didn't see it today. Yonge and Eglinton

Yeah I went to the Y&E one as well and didn't see anything. I'll just call them after this MGSV Gamescom thing then and ask them if the shipments came late, or got stolen by bandits or whatever

I don't suppose anyone has a spare/unwanted copy of Evil Within for PS4 with E3 discount that they don't want anymore? I don't know why I didn't just pre order it, know I'm kicking myself haha.

aechris

Has anyone bought with PlayAsia before? What are their shipping prices like? Have you ever been hit with duties and bs fees?

I used to use the all the time. Most recently I imported JoJo ASB and no fees. I don't think I've ever been hit with them. Make sure you get a $5 off coupon before you buy, because there is always a ton of them floating around (you get one with every purchase).

Anyone here have a PS4 stand? Is it any good?

And where did you buy it in Canada?

I have one, got it at Future Shop on launch day. It's alright I guess, doesn't seem super necessary. The PS4 is pretty wide, it shouldn't be in any danger of falling over assuming it's just sitting in the entertainment center.

Tola

Neo Member

Just checked my order status at BB and it's back in stock and has been charged to my credit card. Would expect it to ship later tonight or tomorrow.

Just checked my order status at BB and it's back in stock and has been charged to my credit card. Would expect it to ship later tonight or tomorrow.
Yeah, my card was just charged too. I couldn't wait any longer though, so I picked it up at place in town. I'll just return the second copy.

Hyunkel6

Off-topic, but Dell sent me the following coupon:

$15 off* your next electronics or accessories purchase of $50* or more at Dell.

Expires August-19-14
Single-use Coupon. Coupon cannot be combined with other discounts. Only one coupon may be applied per cart at checkout. Offer does not apply to, and is not available with, systems or items purchased through the online systems configuration, refurbished items or spare parts. Purchase limit of 5 items per order. Not valid for resellers and/or online auctions. Offer excludes the following categories and brands: Monster Cable, Gaming Software and Gaming Consoles, cameras, camcorders, Dell Ink & Toner.

PM if you want it.

Anyone know if US PSP download codes would work for our PSN accounts?

For the most part they do, but there's still the odd game that gets released in the US but not up here (off the top of my head: Black Rock Shooter, and Magical Beat for the Vita). In general, though, you're okay.

Madouu

I got an invite for spotify Canada. Anyone knows where you can see how many hours of music you have listened to in the app, or is that still not enabled since it hasn't launched officially yet?

I'm using Paypal to pay and it charges when it ships, so I guess I'll just pray. If I'm lucky I'll sleep and it'll magically fast forward to tomorrow and the game will be arriving in the mail. But watching PT on Twitch fucked me up so now I'm sitting here and I'm scared of the dark now.

Soooooo Lords of the Fallen is up for preorder again on Amazon. Has anyone who had their E3 order obnoxiously cancelled for no reason tried to talk to them yet to get the discount back?

suikodan

Anyone know why in christ we can't pre-order the Witcher 3 Collector's Edition in Canada yet...?

I ordered mine on ebgames.ca back in June. I had a preorder on the US site but then it became available here.

Also, Futureshop has a trade 2 for 70$ for D3: UEE, anyone know when the list of eligible games will go up?

It wasn't In-Stock on west coast warehouse until yesterday and i got my shipping notification last night. Maybe Eastern warehouse will get theirs in soon too?

Anyone know why in christ we can't pre-order the Witcher 3 Collector's Edition in Canada yet...?

It was up I think at EB Games a little while ago but they're all gone. Maybe they think we're not worthy of the Witcher 3... I really should finish the Witcher 2

It wasn't In-Stock on west coast warehouse until yesterday and i got my shipping notification last night. Maybe Eastern warehouse will get theirs in soon too?

That's what I'm guessing. I expected not to get it at all until Friday, but it probably won't even be in until next Monday.

As others have said, EB had it for some time (instore and online) but their pre-orders are likely all filled. Maybe FS/BB will stock it when it gets closer to February, but it doesn't seem to be an immensely popular edition.

I'm sure all retailers are cognizant of the amount of unsold CoD/AC collector's editions taking up shelf space year after year. They're likely weary about overstocking.

Soooooo Lords of the Fallen is up for preorder again on Amazon. Has anyone who had their E3 order obnoxiously cancelled for no reason tried to talk to them yet to get the discount back?

Quick update for anyone who got their Lords of the Fallen E3 preorder cancelled at Amazon. I went and preordered it again and talked to customer service, they gave me my 30% discount back without any hassle. Whole process took less than 10 minutes.

Ondore

As a rule, there'll be a ridiculous sale for Tales games inside of 6 months that lets you get the game for under $10 digitally. So yeah, that's a stupid price and it's why I didn't preorder it during E3.

Just noticed that Tales of Xillia 2 is going to be $69.99...Is it just me or does that seem quite high??

Amazon lowest price guarantee went down to $58. $69.99 is retarded...

As a rule, there'll be a ridiculous sale for Tales games inside of 6 months that lets you get the game for under $10 digitally. So yeah, that's a stupid price and it's why I didn't preorder it during E3.

I don't buy digitally but I have a big feeling that I will be able to find it for 20-30$ within 6 months. Might cancel Amazon order, 50$ plus taxes for regular edition is a bit too much for me. First game had a free limited edition.

frequency

ibpIyTxBEbjiAA.PNG

But it's Amazon so despite the estimated delivery I probably won't actually see it until November.

As others have said, EB had it for some time (instore and online) but their pre-orders are likely all filled. Maybe FS/BB will stock it when it gets closer to February, but it doesn't seem to be an immensely popular edition.

I'm sure all retailers are cognizant of the amount of unsold CoD/AC collector's editions taking up shelf space year after year. They're likely weary about overstocking.

Thanks all... Missed EB, i've been focused on futureshop and amazon where I have my other orders. :\

Ah, an update on Akiba's Trip at BB for the E3 deal. It just updated and basically re confirmed the total order charge with Paypal. Also Akiba's Trip is listed as in-stock now in my order list. Looks like they'll be charging soon.

Lexxism

39.55 for Akiba's trip despite having the E3 deal lol I guess I'll just wait for it to be around 30s or even 20s before I buy one.

Top Bottom