• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Quick update for anyone who got their Lords of the Fallen E3 preorder cancelled at Amazon. I went and preordered it again and talked to customer service, they gave me my 30% discount back without any hassle. Whole process took less than 10 minutes.

You're lucky. I just called the guy absolutely refused to do it.

Going to call again in a few minutes and try to get a different rep, ugh...

suikodan

Ah, an update on Akiba's Trip at BB for the E3 deal. It just updated and basically re confirmed the total order charge with Paypal. Also Akiba's Trip is listed as in-stock now in my order list. Looks like they'll be charging soon.

Yeah, got that as well. Scared me a bit at first as I thought they charged the whole amount of the order on my CC but it was only a reminder that I autorised these charges.

Also, the game is on stock so I expect a shipping notice soon.

Anyone removed an item from an Amazon E3 pre-order? You keep a part of the rebate? In one of my order I have "Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 21.23". If I remove a game that number will simply go down?

Anyone removed an item for an Amazon pre-order? You keep a part of the rebate? In one of my order I have "Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 21.23". If I remove a game that number will simply go down?

Yeah it'll just go down by the appropriate percentage. I've cancelled a couple of games, no issues.

Just don't go under a total of three games per order or you'll lose the discount.

39.55 for Akiba's trip despite having the E3 deal lol I guess I'll just wait for it to be around 30s or even 20s before I buy one.

It's not so bad. I basically paid the same amount as buying the game on the PSN Store except I got the physical copy as opposed to a magical digital one... Also I only have a 4GB memory card cause I'm still waiting for a good sale on at least the 16GB (I'm not much of a digital hoarder I guess. I only keep what I'm playing). So every MB counts.

It still freaks me out every time they reconfirm the whole order amount.

Anyone removed an item from an Amazon E3 pre-order? You keep a part of the rebate? In one of my order I have "Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 21.23". If I remove a game that number will simply go down?

Yeah you keep the part of the rebate and promotions and everything. I've cancelled a lot of games since then (Destiny because I'm going digital, and the Order) and it just subtracted those games and their respective promotions out of the total order and promotion amounts.

Yes. I don't know if it's the WHOLE discount or not but the full deal has a minimum of three games per order.

I will for sure keep the initial price because they were at that price no matter how many game you ordered. I really wonder if my "Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 21.23" will simply disappear or go to 0$. I know that it should disappear since it was the promotion but do we have a confirmation that it will?

Past

I am assuming BB is preparing to ship my Akiba's Trip copy, but why the hell did they submit the whole amount of my order?
t69G3rr.png

I legit thought my Paypal account got hack, but went to check and it was the total amount of my E3 order. Shouldn't they only charge me only for Akiba Trip?

I will for sure keep the initial price because they were at that price no matter how many game you ordered. I really wonder if my "Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 21.23" will simply disappear or go to 0$. I know that it should disappear since it was the promotion but do we have a confirmation that it will?

I'm willing to bet the entire 21.23 would go away, but you'd keep the initial price.

You're lucky. I just called the guy absolutely refused to do it.

Going to call again in a few minutes and try to get a different rep, ugh...

Yeah, definitely try again. It's 100% their fault, so as long as you have your original order # and the cancellation email handy, you have pretty definitive proof.

Yeah, definitely try again. It's 100% their fault, so as long as you have your original order # and the cancellation email handy, you have pretty definitive proof.

Yeah I called again the girl fixed it without a second thought.

So weird how customer service works. It's completely random if you're going to get the help you want or not. The first guy says that "I absolutely cannot do that, it's not within my power to discount that much" and then the next person gets it done in two minutes.

Kyolux

Quick update for anyone who got their Lords of the Fallen E3 preorder cancelled at Amazon. I went and preordered it again and talked to customer service, they gave me my 30% discount back without any hassle. Whole process took less than 10 minutes.

I gotta look at the game again and see if I really want it or it was just the E3 discount effect that made me pre-order it before trying to get this uncancelled.

Thanks for the follow-up.

ultra7k

Amazon lowest price guarantee went down to $58. $69.99 is retarded...

I don't buy digitally but I have a big feeling that I will be able to find it for 20-30$ within 6 months. Might cancel Amazon order, 50$ plus taxes for regular edition is a bit too much for me. First game had a free limited edition.

Does Bestbuy/Futureshop price match Amazon, or is that one of the retailers where they won't?

|Aug 22nd pre-flyer at work for Target shows :

• free $25 giftcard with $399 XB1 console purchase
  • $44.99 for 12month (25% off $59.99) XBL gold sub card. Use a redcard for an extra 5% off

nothing else

kaiyo

I am assuming BB is preparing to ship my Akiba's Trip copy, but why the hell did they submit the whole amount of my order?
t69G3rr.png

I legit thought my Paypal account got hack, but went to check and it was the total amount of my E3 order. Shouldn't they only charge me only for Akiba Trip?

lol did you read what your image says? It says it's not a charge. and it will be charge when the merchant process your payment.

Bestbuy processes your payment (of 1 game) when a game ships.

This is just to have paypal show the total amount pending, you will get charge per game as it ships.

t69G3rr.png

I also had a moment where I saw the -$162 in the message without actually reading the message completely and went "FUCK FUCK WHAT." The message did a good job at both reminding me of the order and scaring me.

I am thinking of buying Wii cases from Nintendo shop. However, I am confused. 5 single case is $7.5 but a pack of 5 is $8.99... What gives? Shipping is the same for both...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I am thinking of buying Wii cases from Nintendo shop. However, I am confused. 5 single case is $7.5 but a pack of 5 is $8.99... What gives? Shipping is the same for both...
Because Nintendo adjusted the CAD price of the packages but not the single cases. They're dumb. BTW it's cheaper to make two separate orders if you want 6 or fewer cases than making one order.

Single case = $1.50 + $3 shipping.

Because they charge $3 for shipping on orders of $5 or less and $7 for shipping on orders of $5.01 or more it's cheaper to make two orders of 3 cases each (2x3x$1.50 = $9 + 2x$3 shipping for $15 total) if you want 6 of them than to make one order of 6 cases (6x$1.50 = $9 + $7 shipping for $16 total). It starts being cheaper to make one order once you want more than 6 cases.

I assume these would be the new eco-friendly Wii cases? I don't like those: the clip for the discs is too tight.

The best Wii cases are the old first-party ones.

zroid

Banned
Wish they sold Wii U cases. I need to replace my ZombiU case -- bought it used and it's in pretty shoddy condition. Also want to get a blue case for Mario Kart 8, not a fan of the red.

Wish they sold Wii U cases. I need to replace my ZombiU case -- bought it used and it's in pretty shoddy condition. Also want to get a blue case for Mario Kart 8, not a fan of the red.

Yea I do this to replace a case from something that I bought used. Guy said disc is great and box too... Meh, box is acceptable but the disc has a few visible scratches. Nothing that will stop it from playing, but I am not too happy with it. I just really wanted original case for Twilight Princess Wii. I'm so bad that I think about spending another 20$ for a new copy of the Nintendo Select version and just swap the disc.

Joeku

|Aug 22nd pre-flyer at work for Target shows :

• free $25 giftcard with $399 XB1 console purchase
  • $44.99 for 12month (25% off $59.99) XBL gold sub card. Use a redcard for an extra 5% off

nothing else

Agh, reminds me I gotta go get cards before they're no longer discounted.

EDIT: Hey, I'm no longer a junior! Sweet.

Zing

Banned
I tried to price match the 10% discount on points cards at Best Buy. They gave me some bullshit about not being able to because it would cause the cards to only hold the discounted value and not the full value. No one there even knew what they were talking about. I asked about calling corporate and they gave me blank stares. I gave up and decided they didn't deserve my money.

I stop at Walmart to return something and decide to price match the point cards there, so I don't need to make a trip to Target. They give me some bullshit about not price matching "percentages". They only price match fixed prices advertised. This doesn't make any sense either, as the point cards are a fixed price by definition.

I gave up and decided that Target deserved my money for making it hassle free. Their video game stock was barren of course.

That sounds pretty damn expensive for a game and a 13 year old controller, does it come with anything else?

It's a game, controller, and the Gamecube adapter. If you have a working GC controller then you can just get the game and adapter. But that in itself comes to I think around $80? I got Smash Bros 4 along with the Amazon E3 pre-order so I just need the controller and adapter (my GC controllers are fucked)

Also BB finally charged me and gave me my shipping info for Akiba's Trip. It came to 39.44 I think, so basically the price of buying it on PSN but with the new game smell.

I know this isn't really the right place for this, but I was wondering if anyone lives around or knows the area around Lawrence West and Allen in Toronto. I recently started working at the CIBC office there, but there isn't any affordable parking nearby ($15 per day feels like a ripoff). I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere to park, or could offer a parking space in the area (for a fee, of course). Currently I just park in the Lawrence Shopping center parking lot and move every 3 hours, but that isn't really the best long term solution.

And in case anyone wonders, while I have no problem with public transit (live in Ajax, 5 minutes from the Go Train station), it costs more than driving and takes double the time for me. I considered parking at Weston TTC since Yorkdale is supposed to be closed until next year and taking the bus in, but that still runs me $200 a month.

Any help would be really appreciated.

jholmes

I know this isn't really the right place for this, but I was wondering if anyone lives around or knows the area around Lawrence West and Allen in Toronto. I recently started working at the CIBC office there, but there isn't any affordable parking nearby ($15 per day feels like a ripoff). I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere to park, or could offer a parking space in the area (for a fee, of course). Currently I just park in the Lawrence Shopping center parking lot and move every 3 hours, but that isn't really the best long term solution.

And in case anyone wonders, while I have no problem with public transit (live in Ajax, 5 minutes from the Go Train station), it costs more than driving and takes double the time for me. I considered parking at Weston TTC since Yorkdale is supposed to be closed until next year and taking the bus in, but that still runs me $200 a month.

Any help would be really appreciated.

You could try parking in the regular Yorkdale lot. They aren't super vigilant about the cars there, and you wouldn't be spending $200 on the first ticket, in case you wanted to give that a shot. If you work late they would definitely catch on because the parking lot is deserted after the mall closes. (I worked at Yorkdale back in the day.)

I don't really condone it, but what can you do until the TTC parking reopens?

Sora_N

Yea I do this to replace a case from something that I bought used. Guy said disc is great and box too... Meh, box is acceptable but the disc has a few visible scratches. Nothing that will stop it from playing, but I am not too happy with it. I just really wanted original case for Twilight Princess Wii. I'm so bad that I think about spending another 20$ for a new copy of the Nintendo Select version and just swap the disc.

TP was $5 or something at one of my targets a few weeks back lol.

Top Bottom