• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Just pre-ordered the white Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle from Amazon. I'm still debating whether I should get the Kinect bundle right now for the same price. To the Xbox One owners here, how do you guys like the Kinect?

It's far more powerful than the first one but it's more useless at the same time!
No Kinect games, and even gesture/voice recognition is hit or miss but still I'd rather have the option if it ever gets implemented into games or whatever :)

Pretty much the same. Useless for games up until now but the voice commands work fine. It just feels cool to turn it on when walking around or turn it off and stuff, oh and switching apps all the time. Other than that, it has no real use in the games you play.

If it were me though, I'd rather just have it because it is part of the main experience for the OS and I was under the impression that it would get improved quite a ton for the commands and such. However not that it isn't mandatory, I don't think they will spend much tile in refining or improving it.

I love it for voice stuff but that's pretty much it. I have mine actually pointing the other way lol.

My buddy usually does that or has it facing the ceiling, haha.

Thanks! That IS a terrible list... having ACIV on there is nice but there's nothing else I want to trade in :(

Hopefully the deal is carried out through the fall. I'll probably have a few games to trade in before the end of the year.

This is a pitiful list. Was hoping that COD: Ghosts would have been on there.

Lexxism

It comes to $23 right now!! Reserve in store!!! A $40 GC is being applied as well for some reason!!!'

Yeah. I was about to say the same thing.

ksV7I4W.png

BcyKBHf.png

virtuo

Neo Member
I'd love to jump on that headset but the in-store pickup options are pretty slim now. Hope they honour the price for you guys.

I actually reserved mine a few hrs ago. I didn't get an automated email from them though. Maybe they stopped doing that. $60 is still a good price.

They only send you an email when they fulfill or fail to fulfill your order! $60 is not bad, $20 is much better though :D

Magnus

Damn. No stores have stock on that headset. That's crazy. $60 with a $40 gift card?

They'd never let you use the $40 on the $60 purchase itself, so you're paying for that upfront. But it's still basically $20 net.

HarryKS

I know this isn't really the right place for this, but I was wondering if anyone lives around or knows the area around Lawrence West and Allen in Toronto. I recently started working at the CIBC office there, but there isn't any affordable parking nearby ($15 per day feels like a ripoff). I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere to park, or could offer a parking space in the area (for a fee, of course). Currently I just park in the Lawrence Shopping center parking lot and move every 3 hours, but that isn't really the best long term solution.

And in case anyone wonders, while I have no problem with public transit (live in Ajax, 5 minutes from the Go Train station), it costs more than driving and takes double the time for me. I considered parking at Weston TTC since Yorkdale is supposed to be closed until next year and taking the bus in, but that still runs me $200 a month.

Any help would be really appreciated.

You work at 750 Lawrence?

Flambe

Uh with the E3 Future Shop promo aren't you supposed to only be charged per game when they come out for the preorders? Just got email saying it was charging the whole $471 with PvZ coming out.

zroid

Banned
Uh with the E3 Future Shop promo aren't you supposed to only be charged per game when they come out for the preorders? Just got email saying it was charging the whole $471 with PvZ coming out.

Did you use Paypal? I think this might be a Paypal thing...

Jinto

Yay, Akiba's Trip is scheduled to arrive today instead of Monday. Looks like BB also charged me for Diablo 3 and Tales Of Xillia 2.

They only send you an email when they fulfill or fail to fulfill your order! $60 is not bad, $20 is much better though :D

Yeah, I think you're right. For some reason I remember them sending me an auto confirmation my order was received, then another email once it was ready for pick up.

Lexxism

Did you get this same message from a previous poster?

I am assuming BB is preparing to ship my Akiba's Trip copy, but why the hell did they submit the whole amount of my order?
t69G3rr.png

I legit thought my Paypal account got hack, but went to check and it was the total amount of my E3 order. Shouldn't they only charge me only for Akiba Trip?

If yes, read the message carefully.

Flambe

Did you get this same message from a previous poster?

If yes, read the message carefully.

Yeah, same thing but when that's the very first thing you see on waking up both in gmail and as pending payment in paypal you ask questions =) Appreciate the clarification though.

Normally it wouldn't have been a problem even if the whole chunk came out but this month has been lean.

All's well that ends well, though I'm still looking at my bank statement to be sure lol.

beta_fuse

Ordered in store. I fully expect it to be denied once they see a flood of them.

Yeah I think so. I legit reserved 5 because I wanted one for me and 4 others for my close friends who have all been playing Last of Us. I'm almost 100% sure reserving 5 won't fly with Futureshop though. Shame though cause $20 for those headsets are a steal and they all woulda been stoked to get them for that cheap. Oh well, hopefully at least 1 stays reserved for me.

baconcow

I put a couple reserves into different stores nearby (as each one kept being denied). All denied by one. Let's hope I don't drive all the way there to get screwed over by an oops.

Gritesh

I put a couple reserves into different stores nearby (as each one kept being denied). All denied by one. Let's hope I don't drive all the way there to get screwed over by an oops.

I put a reserve in too, will be there for opening to pick it up, hope it flies, if it does I might buy two!

Dolobill

I put in a reservation at my nearest FS an hour ago but still haven't received a confirmation email. Is that normal? It's now out of stock. Hopefully I got in successfully.

BY2K

Membero Americo
RkoKNSc.png

I mean, heck, you're basically getting either Driveclub, The Order: 1886 or Far Cry 4 for almost half price.

beta_fuse

I just got an email saying 2 of my headsets were reserved however I got a call about 5 minutes later saying they only put 1 aside and are doing 1 per customer. As long as I got mine I'm not complaining :p

I just got an email saying 2 of my headsets were reserved however I got a call about 5 minutes later saying they only put 1 aside and are doing 1 per customer. As long as I got mine I'm not complaining :p

My store didn't have enough to fill the reservations, mine was one. Lame.

beta_fuse

My store didn't have enough to fill the reservations, mine was one. Lame.

I guess they went on a first come first serve basis and ran out before they got to you. Either that or all the Futureshops/Best Buys were approaching this differently. Still sucks you didn't get one.

Yeah I think so. I legit reserved 5 because I wanted one for me and 4 others for my close friends who have all been playing Last of Us. I'm almost 100% sure reserving 5 won't fly with Futureshop though. Shame though cause $20 for those headsets are a steal and they all woulda been stoked to get them for that cheap. Oh well, hopefully at least 1 stays reserved for me.

They probably don't even have that many in stock. The stock doesn't go down as in store pickups pile up. I bet there are like 30 requests per store for maybe 5-10 headsets.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I'm getting one but can't decide which one of the two.

The COD:AW console is over priced though, $100 extra for a 1TB HD rather than the regular 500GB one.

While that is a valid concern since you can use external HDD just fine, but if you are also buying the game separately then its no brainer to have this. Because the game itself will run you for 80$ with tax here in Canada. 60$ if you pre-ordered it during E3 week.

So you aren't paying much, and on top of that you get a cool looking console. Now that's subjective if you are fan of COD its must, otherwise its alright.

RkoKNSc.png

I mean, heck, you're basically getting either Driveclub, The Order: 1886 or Far Cry 4 for almost half price.

That's a good deal.

Top Bottom