• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

BadHand

They probably don't even have that many in stock. The stock doesn't go down as in store pickups pile up. I bet there are like 30 requests per store for maybe 5-10 headsets.

I think they have more than you think. I know someone who works as a merchandiser at one of the future shops said they received a huge shipment a few days ago. So much so that they thought a PS4 bundle with the Gold headset was gonna be announced. I don't know if this is the case for every store but it is for my local store.

Gundy2010

Killzone Mercenary and Uncharted Golden Abyss are $10 each at Square One Target, pretty epic deal.

However other Target I visited seem all have different sales, weird.

BB called to confirm my Gold headset is ready for pick up then they called and left a voice message that they won't honour the $20 price! I got the email with the price already, how come they just change the price like that?i know it's an error but they should eat it!

BadHand

BB called to confirm my Gold headset is ready for pick up then they called and left a voice message that they won't honour the $20 price! I got the email with the price already, how come they just change the price like that?i know it's an error but they should eat it!

yeah that is terrible. If you're not to far away just go to the store and argue for the agreed upon price. Say you didn't get a voice mail and that they made you waste an entire trip down to the store.

Yeah, that sucks. It's an error though, and they caught it before you made the trip down there, I honestly wouldn't expect them to honor it if you went down. Seems like a very "YMMV" type deal. If I get shut down with my order, I won't lose any sleep.

This isn't really one of the times where I am in the "they should honor the price!" camp.

BadHand

Yeah, that sucks. It's an error though, and they caught it before you made the trip down there, I honestly wouldn't expect them to honor it if you went down. Seems like a very "YMMV" type deal. If I get shut down with my order, I won't lose any sleep.

This isn't really one of the times where I am in the "they should honor the price!" camp.

They haven't made an effort removing the price + e-gift card from their website and other stores are honoring the deal. I would only agree if they were being consistent.

Summary

Product Total $99.99
Total Savings $80.00
Subtotal $19.99
GST $1.00
Pay in Store
$20.99

When you get this in an email they don't have the right to change their mind, I'm pretty sure this is how it should be, legally talking!
I'm not dying for the deal but I'm not happy with how they dealt with it!

BadHand

I just got it for 20 at best buy
I got the last one on the shelf they took 40 off the sale price at the till

I went into my local store (still have not got a confirmation on my reservation) to see if I could pick-up and hurry it along. I was told that the "manager is investigating".

BY2K

Membero Americo
Don't know what happened, but on my EBGames receipt is says my PS4 (that comes with a digital code for The Last of Us Remastered) cost me 419,99$. In Canada it's supposed to be 449,99$.

EDIT: Oh okay, they take out the 30$ for the pre-order deal from the price of the PS4 and charge you the 30$ to balance everything. That makes more sense.

Dolobill

Just saw the FS mishap.

Oh cool 14 page thread on RFD about it.

Anyone got in on it? I really like mine compared to the Elites.

I got my confirmation email for "Pay in Store: $20.99," but who know's if I'll have trouble at the counter. I'll be heading over in half an hour or so. I'll post here if it worked. (Edmonton, btw).

Gritesh

I did but I think I got lucky

I got mine at best buy Edmonton West location customer service desk had no issues doing the price adjustment worst case scenario buy it for 59.99 drive there if it's close and ask customer service to do a price adjustments claiming you didn't realize the deal until you looked online or something

I got my confirmation email for "Pay in Store: $20.99," but who know's if I'll have trouble at the counter. I'll be heading over in half an hour or so. I'll post here if it worked. (Edmonton, btw).

if you can snag another one (or anyone, for that matter), i'll pay to have it shipped to Vancouver

BadHand

Well I got my pair. Manager spent some time checking his emails to make sure an official price correction hadn't gone out, then phone someone and eventually sold it to me.

My store fulfilled all orders, even for the hoarders.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys, random XBL question. If I have a bunch of Xbox Live Gold free trial codes (from different games I bought) can I simply all enter them right now and they will add up or ther overwrite the previous one?

Edit: Apparently not... That sucks.

Dolobill

Just picked up my headset! Paid 20.99 total. Apparently they only had 6 in stock but 18 people tried to reserve it. I guess I got lucky.

zroid

Banned
For DLC codes like this, I always get them even if its announced after. Physical rewards can be different because sometimes it adds the physical reward in your cart as a free purchase.

I am concerned because at Bestbuy.com they explicitly state you need to pre-order after a certain date to get the DLC... :(

Doel

From FutureShop's flyer. The list of games you can trade in is pretty minimal but might be perfect for some.

QwOlgZJ.png

god fuck RFD

there's a thread about the DLC on the BB.ca forums so I asked for clarification there. A rep already posted there to relay the announcement so hopefully she responds again.

Gave a Kudos to your post... I hang there too asking them questions they have no idea how to answer... As long as Wizard17 does not show up, I will keep my calm! ;)

Top Bottom