• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

So I picked up Super Mario Land, A Link Between Worlds and Bravely Default this morning at Target on my way to work.

For some reason, only Super Mario Land rung up as $10 off, the other two were full price. The Target staff told me all the prices were updated. The only new flyer was the one they had posted on the board out front of the store, so I took a picture of the "$10 off ALL 3DS games" and brought it back in. The lady helping me didn't know why it wasn't changed, but was nice enough to bring in her manager and get it changed anyway. But, YMMV, maybe the flyer has some exclusions, or maybe not all Targets discounted the same games, I don't know.

Returners

Wait... Gold headsets are sold out?

What the FUCK you FUCKING RFD hoarders. Fucking fuck. I wanted that!

I'm debating on whether to check kijiji if the hoarders are out and about.

EDIT: you'll definitely able to get it for 60 at other stores. But the 20 bucks is the golden ticket apparently.

Sealtest

futureshop just confirmed via twitter they are also getting the skyward sword dlc for Hyrule warriors. Excellent. Now hopefully I can buy ocarina skins close 2 launch.

I wasn't even planning on buying one of these, but those pictures on the previous page seriously pissed me off. I love our country, but RFD is full of some of the scummiest people I have ever known. Do they get some sort of sick satisfaction in knowing they are actively fucking over everyone else? I don't get the mentality.

Zing

Banned
I'm not judging anyone, but I must say that I see little difference between one guy buying a stack of headsets, and many of the other people here and elsewhere saying they didn't need or even really want them but "for $20 why not?"

Imagine the store was handing out free $20 bills and you could take as many as you wanted. Would you honestly only take one and leave the rest "for the next guy"? Because that is essentially what deals like this are.

I'm not judging anyone, but I must say that I see little difference between one guy buying a stack of headsets, and many of the other people here and elsewhere saying they didn't need or even really want them but "for $20 why not?"

Imagine the store was handing out free $20 bills and you could take as many as you wanted. Would you honestly only take one and leave the rest "for the next guy"? Because that is essentially what deals like this are.

Adults would have restraint, yes.

Just like how you don't take the entire sample tray at Costco?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, it never even occurred to me to buy more than one, so I guess so?

That's a poor analogy. Ten $20 bills would be more useful to an individual than 10 sets of headphones.

BadHand

Daaaamn

Rfd is really ;x

I know these hoarders are frustrating, but not all RFD members are hoarders :)

I've been a member of RFD for years and most of the community is really helpful and respectful. These selfish users are really unstoppable and in my opinion it's up to the stores to limit customer purchases in these instances.

Zing

Banned
That's a poor analogy. Ten $20 bills would be more useful to an individual than 10 sets of headphones.
The headphones can be sold for cash, so they are useful to everyone.

It would be interesting to have an experiment run. A store with a display of 10 $20 bills and anyone is allowed to take as many as they like. I suspect they would be gone immediately, and yes, by an adult with "restraint".

ohlawd

well, I'd hoard the cash but not the headphones.

honestly I'd be too worried about siting on unsold stock if I hoarded games, etc. I'm also too lazy to go through the motions of selling, putting up the ads on websites and stuff.

Just got off the phone changing my Best Buy order payment info. For some reason it had the shipping address as the billing address. I was originally just going to change the expiry date on the credit card. Anyhow, the Best Buy rep managed to misspell the address. They spelled "Crescent" without the second "c". Will this be fine, or do I have to call back? If it was the shipping address, I wouldn't worry, but it is for the credit card I am using to pay with.

Stores have a responsibility to prevent hoarding too. I don't understand why they don't impose limits. (I actually do know why, because a sale is a sale, but it doesn't inspire customer loyalty.)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If it's not online, I gave up a long time ago scoring some deals from RFD.

kaiyo

I wasn't even planning on buying one of these, but those pictures on the previous page seriously pissed me off. I love our country, but RFD is full of some of the scummiest people I have ever known. Do they get some sort of sick satisfaction in knowing they are actively fucking over everyone else? I don't get the mentality.

no all they see is $$_$$

zroid

Banned
Good news

4vWYXhX.png

baconcow

I went and picked up a single pair of $19.99 headphones. You'll never see me caught selling things like that for profit. I'd be pissed if a hoarder took the last ones at the store. There was another person picking a single pair up and he seemed quite pleased with it.

So I preordered stuff at futureshop's E3 deal, and my price for Prof Layton Vs Phoenix Wright is $32.13, down from $44.99......except the regular price was changed to $34.99. So I'm saving $2.86. wooo. So I called and they wouldn't help me. But last year, when it happened they DID credit me $10. So I'm pretty mad right now. Anyone been successful this year in getting them to fix a price drop?

zroid

Banned
So I preordered stuff at futureshop's E3 deal, and my price for Prof Layton Vs Phoenix Wright is $32.13, down from $44.99......except the regular price was changed to $34.99. So I'm saving $2.86. wooo. So I called and they wouldn't help me. But last year, when it happened they DID credit me $10. So I'm pretty mad right now. Anyone been successful this year in getting them to fix a price drop?

Shame you missed the Best Buy deal from a couple weeks ago. Some of us nabbed it for about $22.50.

To answer your question, you got very lucky last year, normally they do not make these adjustments.

BB denied the price, the store manager was an ass and wouldn't scan the reservation because it'll bring the price to $20, instead he scans the headset for $60, I called him a few not so nice words because of his attitude and reserved another one at FS, got fulfilled and they gave it to me for $20 no problems and the rep commented on the price being a nice deal with a smile! Shows how it's not company policy, only mean people giving people crap or saving stock for themselves!

Top Bottom