• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

NYR

Aren't consoles refundable within a month like TVs? Just bring the receipt and everything that came with it in the box.

Where did you get it? Most big stores have a 30 days return policy..

EB Games - I traded 4 games for it ($80 tiv) - will that make a difference? I would glady apply the credit to a new Xbox One in October. I literally can go without playing it for the next 8 weeks.

EB Games - I traded 4 games for it ($80 tiv) - will that make a difference? I would glady apply the credit to a new Xbox One in October. I literally can go without playing it for the next 8 weeks.

According to their policy they will trade it for "an identical item"... Maybe they will do credit (?)... you should contact EB.

ohlawd

I think Walmart, Staples, FS, and Best Buy do it, hope he didn't get it from EB or an online store as that could be difficult with shipping charges as well.

Anyway, has anyone here bought a ZombiU Wii U bundle when it was still available? I'm looking EVERYWHERE for the Nintendoland code. :(

I remember buying that bundle + Lego City Undercover and MH3U last year. Ran me 550 dollars. No regrets :3

sorry man I used that code so very long ago

Tapejara

Haven't preordered games from Amazon before, how's their release date shipping?

It can be hit or miss. You're only eligible for release day shipping if you have Prime (as far as I'm aware, anyway), but not every game is eligible. For example, I had Sniper Elite 3 on pre-order with Amazon and got it on release day, but my copy of Akiba's Trip came in a few days after release. Varies from game to game; you'll usually be able to find out during the order process or on the order confirmation page, but in any case you can always cancel.

------

Wow, EB priced the Sunset Overdrive XB1 bundle at $499.99. That's ridiculous considering Amazon has it for $100 cheaper.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
futureshop has the gold sony wireless headset for $60, question is that a good deal and also how is the headset? Would it be worth it? Ive never had a headset I have always used the speakers from my tv

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
futureshop has the gold sony wireless headset for $60, question is that a good deal and also how is the headset? Would it be worth it? Ive never had a headset I have always used the speakers from my tv
I price matched it at Walmart yesterday and I absolutely love them. Well worth the price imo.

Ya I got mine from the Source a couple months back for $60.

They are pretty solid for the price. Probably not the $100 retail but definetely $60.

XBP

A very good headset for that price. Other than the poor build quality and becoming somewhat uncomfortable after long gaming sessions (4-5 hours) I would definitely recommend them for the price.

I had them since release for $100 and they are worth it, very easy to use with PS3/PS4/PC, specific game modes for PS3/PS4, sound quality is very good and they are much more comfortable than any other wireless headsets!

flkraven

It can be hit or miss. You're only eligible for release day shipping if you have Prime (as far as I'm aware, anyway), but not every game is eligible. For example, I had Sniper Elite 3 on pre-order with Amazon and got it on release day, but my copy of Akiba's Trip came in a few days after release. Varies from game to game; you'll usually be able to find out during the order process or on the order confirmation page, but in any case you can always cancel.

------

Wow, EB priced the Sunset Overdrive XB1 bundle at $499.99. That's ridiculous considering Amazon has it for $100 cheaper.

499? Preordered yesterday in store at $399

http://www.ebgames.ca/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-special-edition-sunset-overdrive-bundle/320156

ohlawd

holy cow got my Senran Kagura 2 LE.

2014-08-18-101439rfkv3.jpg

taken from Vita. look how grainy it looks lols

It shipped on the 7th, arrived early this morning. Picked that unregistered SAL thing, paid no customs like you guys said. Thank you!

flkraven

Has it already been posted the EB is having a 1 day sale today for XBL Gold? It's $39.99 and if you buy it in store there is no tax.

Got my PvZ today and Diablo (2013 E3 preorder) is supposed to come tomorrow, I'll be away for the rest of the week so I'll probably pick it when I come back anyway!

Does anybody else find Amazon customer service worse than ever? I've always considered them the best customer service ever existed but not anymore!

The last few times I needed them to help me out they would just impose some silly rules and claim they can't do anything about it, before that they would go out of their way to make things work!

Are they responding to abusers (RFD style)? Am I unlucky with the jerks who handle my requests? Or they are just not as good?

Haven't preordered games from Amazon before, how's their release date shipping?

From my lone experience with Amazon pre orders with TLoU remastered the game arrived on the Thursday, I guess it wasn't too bad since I am somewhat in the country. I'd say best buy futureshop are faster though as I get the game release day most times.

Does anybody else find Amazon customer service worse than ever? I've always considered them the best customer service ever existed but not anymore!

The last few times I needed them to help me out they would just impose some silly rules and claim they can't do anything about it, before that they would go out of their way to make things work!

Are they responding to abusers (RFD style)? Am I unlucky with the jerks who handle my requests? Or they are just not as good?

Well, what are you asking for?

Well, what are you asking for?

Random stuff over the last few months, last thing was trying to change my E3 preorder for FIFA, I had a copy of both regular and ultimate team edition preordered, I wanted to make them both Ultimate Team while keeping the discount but they insisted they can't make that happen and that I need to cancel and pay the full price for the second copy! Normally with Amazon they wouldn't say no, but now they replied twice with a generic email without even trying to help! Now I'm canceling their preorder and keeping my BB one, simple!

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Random stuff over the last few months, last thing was trying to change my E3 preorder for FIFA, I had a copy of both regular and ultimate team edition preordered, I wanted to make them both Ultimate Team while keeping the discount but they insisted they can't make that happen and that I need to cancel and pay the full price for the second copy! Normally with Amazon they wouldn't say no, but now they replied twice with a generic email without even trying to help! Now I'm canceling their preorder and keeping my BB one, simple!

Amazon is honoring their E3 discount prices regardless of the mishap, pricing error, on their website - they could of simply cancelled all of our orders on those grounds.

We are fortunate and should consider ourselves lucky.

Amazon is honoring their E3 discount prices regardless of the mishap, pricing error, on their website - they could of simply cancelled all of our orders on those grounds.

We are fortunate and should consider ourselves lucky.

You might consider yourself lucky!

I didn't take advantage of their double discount, just the normal one and I'm giving them lots of freakin money so they should be more wise about it cause I basically have other options!

So basically your comment isn't really relevant!

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

I didn't take advantage of their double discount, just the normal one and I'm giving them lots of freakin money so they should be more wise about it cause I basically have other options!

Usually when people speak of their E3 pre-orders on Amazon, they speak of the generous discounts they received from the pricing error - apologies.

Have you tried speaking directly with customer service as oppose to e-mail? Usually conversing by phone provides better results, at least in my experience with Amazon reps.

HarryKS

I price matched it at Walmart yesterday and I absolutely love them. Well worth the price imo.

Hey there,

Would you be so kind as to tell me how you price matched the PS Gold headphone at Walmart? Does it suffice to show them the pricing from your smartphone or should I find a receipt?

I apologize for being insistent.

Lexxism

Hey there,

Would you be so kind as to tell me how you price matched the PS Gold headphone at Walmart? Does it suffice to show them the pricing from your smartphone or should I find a receipt?

Just go to your local walmart. Tell them that Gold headset is on sale in FS. You can just show it from your phone or let them do it.

edit:

PS4 Last of Us Bundle for $390 at ebay.ca

I think they are legit? Someone from RFD said it's thesource.

khaaan

Does Futureshop take returns from the E3 deal? I forgot that I had Tales of Xillia 2 ordered from both Amazon and Futureshop. I don't mind if the entire FS order gets killed since I have a duplicate at Amazon and it's only three games.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Does Futureshop take returns from the E3 deal? I forgot that I had Tales of Xillia 2 ordered from both Amazon and Futureshop. I don't mind if the entire FS order gets killed since I have a duplicate at Amazon and it's only three games.
They take returns and it doesn't affect the price of any of the other games in the order.

khaaan

They take returns and it doesn't affect the price of any of the other games in the order.

Sweet, thanks! I thought about reselling it for the price that I would be getting it but it seemed like too much of a hassle. I also didn't realize the game is $70.

Vamphuntr

Their objective first and foremost is to make money. At first they give good customers service so people becomes faithful customers but then they slowly back away from it. All of the advantages they gave came at a price for them and they probably want to lower their losses. Amount of promo also dropped a lot and shipping got worse since they added prime. We can be lucky they still honor pricing errors, they probably won't be doing this for long anymore.

It seems they also outsourced their customer support at the end of the world. I had to call for a lost order and got stuck talking with some Indian guy that barely spoke English.

Not really sure the "I give them money so they should do what I want is really an argument". If you keep giving them money they have no incentive to give you things since you keep buying from them.

Just go to your local walmart. Tell them that Gold headset is on sale in FS. You can just show it from your phone or let them do it.

edit:

I just find it funny how people in this thread keep saying to buy one at 400$ because it wouldn't be less than 400$ anytime soon and now you have the system with a game for 390$. I have to wonder how it works. I suppose it's some kind of warehouse selling it a bit higher than the price they pay to at least turn a profit? It's free shipping too and it's not the first time this seller sell PS4.

Their objective first and foremost is to make money. At first they give good customers service so people becomes faithful customers but then they slowly back away from it. All of the advantages they gave came at a price for them and they probably want to lower their losses. Amount of promo also dropped a lot and shipping got worse since they added prime. We can be lucky they still honor pricing errors, they probably won't be doing this for long anymore.

It seems they also outsourced their customer support at the end of the world. I had to call for a lost order and got stuck talking with some Indian guy that barely spoke English.

Not really sure the "I give them money so they should do what I want is really an argument". If you keep giving them money they have no incentive to give you things since you keep buying from them.

What I meant here is: since my account shows I'm a frequent buyer at their store, I deserve to be treated well, especially when it's not a big deal! All I asked for is to extend the discount to the $10 difference between two version of the same game or at least keep the same discount and charge me for the difference between the two versions!

I'm also a Prime member so I paid for my shipping in advance and they are probably make money on that as well, on the other hand my experience with Amazon.com was far better than that on every single occasion and even with issues much bigger than that!

edit:

It's legit. Bought one at $379 a few weeks ago. Their warrant is all over the place though. On the listing it says

"If you're not totally satisfied with your purchase, within 30 days of receipt, simply fill out the RMA form (inside every package) and send it back with the prepaid shipping label included.

Same goes for warranty replacements, if your product acts up during the warranty period, follow the same procedure as for returns and we'll take care of it."

But on your store page it says this:

"If your product acts up during the manufactures warranty please contact the manufacturer directly."

I contacted them and they replied with this:

Once you receive your order, you would register the item with the manufacturer using your invoice. This will allow you to be registered under their warranty and can help you out past the 30 days. If something does happen past the 30 days, please email us and we can see what we can do to help you resolve any issues.

Which is even more confusing. If I register with Sony using my invoice why would I contact best-tech? Anyway, the fact that something happening in one year is slim anyways and they do say you can contact them regarding any issues is enough for the time being.

Came in two days, Canada Post with a pre paid shipping label that you can use to return in any time. It was sealed and brand new.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hey there,

Considering they're sold out online last time I checked, it's probably best to show them the flyer page on your smartphone rather than the actual item on the FS website.

Sorry for the late response, didn't see you ask until just now.

ohlawd

Future Shop/Canada Post has failed me with Xillia 2

tracking tells me I'm getting delivery on the 20th. Game comes out on the 19th.

I don't wanna live on this planet anymore. pls be wrong, you're just an estimate!!@@!@!

Jinto

Future Shop/Canada Post has failed me with Xillia 2

tracking tells me I'm getting delivery on the 20th. Game comes out on the 19th.

I don't wanna live on this planet anymore. pls be wrong, you're just an estimate!!@@!@!

Mine is scheduled to arrive on the 19th. Hasn't even left Richmond yet. Don't think I'll be getting it on time. Ah well, still haven't played the first one yet.

You like the first game?

Top Bottom