• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Jinto

So it's pretty much last minute, and I still don't want any of the Club Nintendo Platinum rewards games. First person to post what game they want can have it. Not much time left...

Kyou

So it's pretty much last minute, and I still don't want any of the Club Nintendo Platinum rewards games. First person to post what game they want can have it. Not much time left...
game and wario?
edit: er, maro vs dk instead if there's time

Jinto

BB denied the price, the store manager was an ass and wouldn't scan the reservation because it'll bring the price to $20, instead he scans the headset for $60, I called him a few not so nice words because of his attitude and reserved another one at FS, got fulfilled and they gave it to me for $20 no problems and the rep commented on the price being a nice deal with a smile! Shows how it's not company policy, only mean people giving people crap or saving stock for themselves!

Glad you got your headset! Yeah, I reserved one at BB and FS. BB couldn't complete my reservation. I went to FS in the afternoon and mine was the last one. Didn't even have to say anything. She adjusted the price on her own. I guess someone else already did the work for me.

Either was good, thank you very much!

You're welcome. :)

didnt even know itunes cards were on sale again at Target, $47.50 for $50 card etc( 5% off all itunes cards)

most of the 3DS games im pretty sure you could for the same price online like LM2, Kirby etc anyways

Zing

Banned
After buying $400 worth of eshop points, I'm wishing I had bought more. Now that I went partial digital, I am really enjoying it. Tempted to go balls deep.

DayEnder

Man I'm bummed about all the Gold headsets being sold out. $60 is a nice price.

fast edit: Wait... they were $20!? fuck.

I got Walmart to price match it for $60. Even at $60 it is still worth it for a solid set of wireless headphones imo (though $20 would have been nice).

Edit:
Wish I coulda got a headset. I thought the sale didn't start till next week, I don't get why people buy a bunch of em.

Also, you could try Target Canada, they price match too.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm thinking of going to Walmart to price match the headset, what exactly do need to bring since it's sold out everywhere near me and online.

mdubs

Banned
BB denied the price, the store manager was an ass and wouldn't scan the reservation because it'll bring the price to $20, instead he scans the headset for $60, I called him a few not so nice words because of his attitude and reserved another one at FS, got fulfilled and they gave it to me for $20 no problems and the rep commented on the price being a nice deal with a smile! Shows how it's not company policy, only mean people giving people crap or saving stock for themselves!

I don't blame him for giving you a hard time. For every presumably decent person like yourself, there are tons of hoarders who would be doing the same thing as you and expecting the same discount.

Edit: Whoops double post

DayEnder

Bring the future shop printed flyer and hope they don't check to see if it's in stock.

They didn't check the stock when I went in. I had the flyer with me and just showed it to them... the employee said I wasn't the only one to get a price match.

Mr.Mike

After buying $400 worth of eshop points, I'm wishing I had bought more. Now that I went partial digital, I am really enjoying it. Tempted to go balls deep.

Does the Wii U have an account system for digital purchases? I'd be very hesitant to spend money to buy games that are tied to a specific console rather than an account I can move around.

I might have more luck if I post it here...

I've got a NES Remix code from Club Nintendo that I can't use right now, (I don't have a Wii U), so if anyone wants to trade it for some eShop credit, PSN credit, etc, I'd be happy to oblige.

I'm not expecting the same amount the game goes for obviously, and all offers will be considered. Being that this is the Canadian Deals thread, and I am in Canada, it should be self explanatory what is eligible.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to PM me, thanks.

Edit: Taken. :)

Sealtest

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but if you pre-ordered destiny ghost edition through FS website u can call and get the $10 off your order.

So does anyone know why 3DS games have that stupid "FR" pseudo-sticker on them? PS3/PS4/360/X1/DS/Wii/WiiU games don't have them and they're kind of jarring to be completely honest.

ohlawd

Does the Wii U have an account system for digital purchases? I'd be very hesitant to spend money to buy games that are tied to a specific console rather than an account I can move around.
it does. you'll have to call (the unfortunate part) but people have managed to transfer licenses to another console.

Madness

For my own recollection, how hard is it to sell digital copies of games these days? Say I wanted to buy the Sunset Overdrive console bundle, but didn't really want the digital game, would it be easy to sell to someone on Craigslist? I wouldn't even mind just like straight $50 cash, and using that to buy Master Chief Collection etc. Never was a fan of digital releases for some reason.

For my own recollection, how hard is it to sell digital copies of games these days? Say I wanted to buy the Sunset Overdrive console bundle, but didn't really want the digital game, would it be easy to sell to someone on Craigslist? I wouldn't even mind just like straight $50 cash, and using that to buy Master Chief Collection etc. Never was a fan of digital releases for some reason.

You'd better sell it in the BST thread here on NeoGaf!

Madouu

Uhm, this might not be the best place for this but I'll ask anyway, I'm lookong for a skyward sword copy so the girlfriend can play the game, if anyone wznts to sell his in the Montreal area, or willing to ship it from somewhere else, I'd be interested!

stolin

Soooooo Lords of the Fallen is up for preorder again on Amazon. Has anyone who had their E3 order obnoxiously cancelled for no reason tried to talk to them yet to get the discount back?

Quick update for anyone who got their Lords of the Fallen E3 preorder cancelled at Amazon. I went and preordered it again and talked to customer service, they gave me my 30% discount back without any hassle. Whole process took less than 10 minutes.

I sent Amazon customer service an email and asked to have it re-added to my order. I got this response so it's all sorted for me.

Hello from Amazon.ca.
I understand your concern regarding this issue.
As per your request, I've added the "Lords of The Fallen - PlayStation 4 - Standard Edition" to your order.

Also, applied the E3 Pre-Order offer.
For your reference original price of this "Lords of The Fallen - PlayStation 4 - Standard Edition" item is $64.99.
After, 30% discount, the item price is $45.50.

Uhm, this might not be the best place for this but I'll ask anyway, I'm lookong for a skyward sword copy so the girlfriend can play the game, if anyone wznts to sell his in the Montreal area, or willing to ship it from somewhere else, I'd be interested!

There's a listing in the BST thread for one at $30.

Parapraxis

Saw it on sale at Target, might want to check there. May not still be on so call first.

NYR

Anyone know the trade in value for an xbox one?

Bought one 3 weeks ago, totally regret it since I want the white one and have no need for it until October, wasn't announced before I jumped in.

Bought one 3 weeks ago, totally regret it since I want the white one and have no need for it until October, wasn't announced before I jumped in.

Aren't consoles refundable within a month like TVs? Just bring the receipt and everything that came with it in the box.

bobeth

Where did you get it? Most big stores have a 30 days return policy..

Aren't consoles refundable within a month like TVs? Just bring the receipt and everything that came with it in the box.

I think it depends, for example under EB games their policy is that if it was never opened they will refund it within 30 days... but if it was opened they will only exchange it for another one. I don't know if they would let you return if for credit towards a white bundle... you'd have to check on a store by store basis would be my guess.

I think it depends, for example under EB games their policy is that if it was never opened they will refund it within 30 days... but if it was opened they will only exchange it for another one. I don't know if they would let you return if for credit towards a white bundle... you'd have to check on a store by store basis would be my guess.

I think Walmart, Staples, FS, and Best Buy do it, hope he didn't get it from EB or an online store as that could be difficult with shipping charges as well.

Anyway, has anyone here bought a ZombiU Wii U bundle when it was still available? I'm looking EVERYWHERE for the Nintendoland code. :(

Top Bottom