• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

My Plants vs. Zombies was processed in Mississauga on the 18th at 11:33 a.m. and it still doesn't show in transit. It says it is supposed to get here today, but the lack of updates concern me.

Edit: Oh yay, full member status :)

ohlawd

Mine is scheduled to arrive on the 19th. Hasn't even left Richmond yet. Don't think I'll be getting it on time. Ah well, still haven't played the first one yet.

You like the first game?

it's alright

I didn't like it even after beating both scenarios right after release but I looked back recently and thought, dude you liked this game stop lying to yourself. Play Jude's (the guy) story first by the way. That side explains stuff better. Milla's (the girl) route kinda runs with the fact that you're already aware of terms, why this and that happened and so on.

truthfully I haven't been enamored with a Tales game since Symphonia on the GC. I think of the series as half decent junk food; they don't taste all that great but you like them enough that you just stuff your mouth

Jagxyz

Diablo 3 still at preparing to ship from Amazon. Probably get it on Wednesday, can't really blame em though since I used Super Saver shipping. Will probably upgrade the rest of my preorders to prime shipping now that I have it.

Jinto

Edit: Oh yay, full member status :)

Congrats, dude!

it's alright

I didn't like it even after beating both scenarios right after release but I looked back recently and thought, dude you liked this game stop lying to yourself. Play Jude's (the guy) story first by the way. That side explains stuff better. Milla's (the girl) route kinda runs with the fact that you're already aware of terms, why this and that happened and so on.

truthfully I haven't been enamored with a Tales game since Symphonia on the GC. I think of the series as half decent junk food; they don't taste all that great but you like them enough that you just stuff your mouth

Yeah, I've been pretty hesitant to even start. The only Tales game I've tried is Tales Of Graces F. Didn't like it, yet I still keep buying them.

I'll keep the other stuff in mind when I eventually do play, thanks.

ohlawd

Yeah, I've been pretty hesitant to even start. The only Tales game I've tried is Tales Of Graces F. Didn't like it, yet I still keep buying them.

I'll keep the other stuff in mind when I eventually do play, thanks.
oh I hated Graces F. Game sucks hardcore. Don't let that garbage game sour you on Tales.

hey yo delivery is on the 19th now. Canada Post, you can do this!

Congrats, dude!.

Thanks.

Plants vs. Zombies was processed in my city 4 hours ago. I guess they are just slow at updating, and they also forgot a step xD

Edit: Even though it was processed at 12:30 a.m., it says the expected delivery is tomorrow. This has been a mistake before, but I really hope it gets here today. If it has already been processed then there is no reason to not send it today.

Zing

Banned
I hovered over the at buy it now button on the PS4 eBay bundle for a long time. However, I browsed the PS4 game list and saw only two game of interest. I still almost bought. $400 to play TLoU still seems worthwhile. Maybe once PS Now gets going strong and I can play all the PS3 games I missed.

LkPr

Anyone know if the pre-order codes for Diablo 3 UEE are in the game case? If I didn't pre-order but I buy from Futureshop today could I still get a copy with the codes?

I'm a little concerned about my xillia 2 collectors edition order from Amazon. I got shipping notification on friday with a guaranteed prime delivery date 08/19 to me in New Brunswick. But checking the tracking info today I see this:

2014/08/18 03:33 EDMONTON AB Item processed
2014/08/15 15:04 MISSISSAUGA ON Item picked up by Canada Post

So it's been sent to the opposite side of the country! I am pretty sure that I will still get it but I doubt it will arrive today, and I worry about the condition that it will come in considering extra processing. Has anyone dealt with this before? My shipping notification say it is a guaranteed delivery date so what is the guarantee compensation if it doesn't show up?

I'm a little concerned about my xillia 2 collectors edition order from Amazon. I got shipping notification on friday with a guaranteed prime delivery date 08/19 to me in New Brunswick. But checking the tracking info today I see this:

So it's been sent to the opposite side of the country! I am pretty sure that I will still get it but I doubt it will arrive today, and I worry about the condition that it will come in considering extra processing. Has anyone dealt with this before? My shipping notification say it is a guaranteed delivery date so what is the guarantee compensation if it doesn't show up?

I can't speak to this specific order, but it's not unheard of for packages to appear to be traveling in the wrong direction. If you see that the package is out for delivery and it's still in Edmonton, then you should panic, but until then this may just be part of Canada Post's normal routing. Courier companies often do this--they'll send a package from a local office to a central hub first, and then on to its final destination, even if the source and destination locations are themselves much closer than they are to the hub.

Past

I received my Plants Vs Zombies: Warfare today from BB and I think CP opened my package... The cardboard enveloppe came with a plastic bag from CP which in the back says "Dear Customer, We sincerely regret that your mail item is damaged. It was found in this condition in the mailstream.". But when I checked there wasn't any damages, except that it looked like it was opened since there was tape over the part where you have to peel it off to open. Game was in perfect condition and sealed though so it's all good, just seems really shady from CP.

frequency

My wait for Xillia 2 (regular) pre-order with Amazon begins...

Stupid Amazon giving too good a price for me to not order from them...!

Not even charged yet and looks to not be in stock... So, typical Amazon pre-order experience for me!

espher

I've run into this on a few occasions getting stuff shipped to NB. The goods always arrive in good shape but they end up on the high end of the shipping timeline vs. the low end.

Firestar

My wait for Xillia 2 (regular) pre-order with Amazon begins...

Stupid Amazon giving too good a price for me to not order from them...!

Not even charged yet and looks to not be in stock... So, typical Amazon pre-order experience for me!

Yep, amazon sales too good to order from retail stores anymore.
Mine shipped last night, it's too bad they didn't ship it for release.

I've had guaranteed prime deliveries not met in New Brunswick, but never were sent to AB. I actually don't agree that it's normal like some others, it should go directly from mississauga to moncton I believe. Also, I think you do get compensation if you complain about them missing a delivery date unless it's free from student prime.

frequency

On another note, I ordered a mouse from NCIX.
Got confirmation at 10:15. At 10:27 I got a shipping notice and tracking number.

I think that's the fastest I've ever seen anyone go from order to shipping notice before. That is crazy. I'm sure they just printed a shipping label and it's not actually going to ship until later though. Still crazy.

Looks like we're in the same boat, brother...except I preordered the collectors edition. I know it's pretty much par for the course with Amazon but I still preorder every time lol

Sister!

I'm usually not in a rush to play games day 1 so I don't mind as much. Amazon is the worst with shipping though. They are often several weeks late for me for preorders.

My last order was for an in stock (not preorder) copy of FFX/X-2 Remaster. It took them over a week just to ship it out and then like a week to get to me from across the country rather than the closer warehouse.

I actually care more about getting Xillia 2 sooner though because my friend is getting his really soon and I'd like to play through it together. I would've ordered Xillia 2 elsewhere but I ordered at Amazon for $22.20, so I couldn't resist.

flkraven

I'm still getting emails from Future Shop about Far Cry 4 Kryat Edition when there was that $59.99 price error. Anyone else in the same boat? I checked my order number online, and the status still shows 'in progress' with the $59.99 price.

Sweet Ivy

Just wanting people know that if you need to change the delivery address for orders done at Best Buy, they'll do it on the phone.

I remember this wasn't possible previously (and actually a couple of BB employee told me it wasn't possible and that I needed to cancel and order and made it again), but it works now.
I was actually able to change the delivery address for my E3 orders online by myself, for all of them but one (that probably had too close a date), so I gave them a call and they changed the address on that one.
I'm getting Plants vs Zombies today to the new address, so I'd say everything worked alright.

So don't worry about your E3 pre-orders if you need to move.

Thanks for the replies, I thought I was the one lonely NBgaf! And to Firestar, I agree everything that ships from any of their depots to me have always been routed straight to me in NB. My wife thinks that someone mistook Moncton NB for Edmonton AB haha, she might be onto something. I'll call them tomorrow morning if it doesn't update, really it's more a hassle of worrying about how mangled the parcel might be with the extra handling rather than actually getting it on time (always a worry in the post I know).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thanks for the replies, I thought I was the one lonely NBgaf! And to Firestar, I agree everything that ships from any of their depots to me have always been routed straight to me in NB. My wife thinks that someone mistook Moncton NB for Edmonton AB haha, she might be onto something. I'll call them tomorrow morning if it doesn't update, really it's more a hassle of worrying about how mangled the parcel might be with the extra handling rather than actually getting it on time (always a worry in the post I know).
It's all OCRed though, based on postal code first. They only hand sort when the computer doesn't recognize the address. Although obviously something went wrong with your package. lol

I'm still getting emails from Future Shop about Far Cry 4 Kryat Edition when there was that $59.99 price error. Anyone else in the same boat? I checked my order number online, and the status still shows 'in progress' with the $59.99 price.

Yup. Mine is still very much not-cancelled on Best Buy despite receiving an email saying they were going to cancel it.

I imagine they will do the actual cancellation at the time of release. Then again... maybe not.

My WWE 2k15 Hulkamnia for $69.99 is good as well. I haven't received anything saying they will cancel that.

Sister!

I'm usually not in a rush to play games day 1 so I don't mind as much. Amazon is the worst with shipping though. They are often several weeks late for me for preorders.

My last order was for an in stock (not preorder) copy of FFX/X-2 Remaster. It took them over a week just to ship it out and then like a week to get to me from across the country rather than the closer warehouse.

I actually care more about getting Xillia 2 sooner though because my friend is getting his really soon and I'd like to play through it together. I would've ordered Xillia 2 elsewhere but I ordered at Amazon for $22.20, so I couldn't resist.

Haha, my bad.

But yeah, they're constantly late with preorders. I usually order from them when I feel like 'hey, I'm not in a rush to play this on day 1'. It's brutal to see when they decide to start packing it like a week or two later though, just horrible. Is your friend local? I'm guessing not since you'd probably opt to play it through local multi if so.

If the amazon preorders proceed as usual, we'll probably actually start playing at the same time haha. =(

Firestar

Haha, or maybe they mixed up Edmonston, NB with Edmonton, AB. Although while it is on the way, I don't think it stops there. Who knows how they mess this stuff anyway lol

chrono01

That was actually double confirmation that my order was in Edmonton. I just received mine a few minutes ago!

But no, I wouldn't worry. I order many things online and the tracking can get kind of...confusing. I once had an item that said "Out For Delivery" in a city I don't live in [nor am I anywhere close], then "Delivered". I called up Canada Post, talked about it with them, and apparently my tracking got mixed up with another person [the other individual had mine]. A few days later I received my actual package.

So until it says "Out For Delivery/"Delivered"/etc., it's probably just a tracking error on their part. If it doesn't arrive today, though, I think you might be entitled to your money back [since it was "guaranteed" delivery]. If it doesn't arrive, maybe contact Amazon and they'll probably refund your shipping.

Canon

Banned
So I updated my address (and phone number) on my Future Shop orders done through PayPal, now I've gotten a bunch of emails hours later stating the orders can't verify my PayPal and to enter another payment method

StevieP

Banned
Anyone know where to get the iPhone 4 or 4s for less than retail in Toronto? Online options are also welcome.

Don't know about the 4s but stay away from the 4. It's become painful to use any apps like Facebook, Instagram, etc etc (or even browsing sometimes) on iOS now. To the point where my 3 year old blackberry bold 9900 is running circles around it.

iLLmAtlc

So guys I dunno if I'm just an idiot but am I the only one who finds it difficult to get the disc from the kh 1.5 le case?

It's a really impressive looking package tho, more than I thought it'd be

i-Jest

Don't know about the 4s but stay away from the 4. It's become painful to use any apps like Facebook, Instagram, etc etc (or even browsing sometimes) on iOS now. To the point where my 3 year old blackberry bold 9900 is running circles around it.

It's not for me. It's for my sister. She's been a loyalist since the 1st iPhone. She's even got herself a Macbook. For her it's Apple or bust. So if anyone knows anything please share.

kennah

It's not for me. It's for my sister. She's been a loyalist since the 1st iPhone. She's even got herself a Macbook. For her it's Apple or bust. So if anyone knows anything please share.
I'm going to selling a 64 gig white 4s in a couple days.

So I updated my address (and phone number) on my Future Shop orders done through PayPal, now I've gotten a bunch of emails hours later stating the orders can't verify my PayPal and to enter another payment method

Might have to update your address on paypal?

MesH

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago with my preorders from best buy, I just called CS again and they ran the orders through again and it was fine, got Diablo 3 UEE yesterday from one of those E3 orders fine.

Billfisto

Has anyone who did the E3 thing received their Diablo 3 from Amazon.ca yet? Mine's still listing as "Not Yet Shipped", and inexplicably has an estimated arrival date of the 24th-25th, even though the site itself is showing it as being in stock and I have Priority shipping on it.

Their help chat has been incredibly useless, too. The first person I spoke with had to take several minutes to check what was happening, and then reassured me it would be shipping later that day. She advised that it was showing the 24th-25th because I had initially selected Super Saver shipping, but it would be quicker as I'd opted to upgrade to Priority after.

I tried chat again four hours later when it hadn't even changed to Packing status, and the next guy said it wasn't eligible for release date shipping, and that I would receive it on the 24th-25th. I advised him I knew I wouldn't get it for release date, but that I was at least under the impression they'd ship it on release date, rather than sitting on it for no reason - I'm paying for Priority shipment, which is basically useless when they dilly-dally about, not shipping the game in a timely manner. Priority shipment shouldn't result in my getting an in-stock game a week later. He "made this up" to me by crediting $4.00.

Now, this morning, still no movement, so back I go, I guess.

frequency

Has anyone who did the E3 thing received their Diablo 3 from Amazon.ca yet? Mine's still listing as "Not Yet Shipped", and inexplicably has an estimated arrival date of the 24th-25th, even though the site itself is showing it as being in stock and I have Priority shipping on it.

Their help chat has been incredibly useless, too. The first person I spoke with had to take several minutes to check what was happening, and then reassured me it would be shipping later that day. She advised that it was showing the 24th-25th because I had initially selected Super Saver shipping, but it would be quicker as I'd opted to upgrade to Priority after.

I tried chat again four hours later when it hadn't even changed to Packing status, and the next guy said it wasn't eligible for release date shipping, and that I would receive it on the 24th-25th. I advised him I knew I wouldn't get it for release date, but that I was at least under the impression they'd ship it on release date, rather than sitting on it for no reason - I'm paying for Priority shipment, which is basically useless when they dilly-dally about, not shipping the game in a timely manner. Priority shipment shouldn't result in my getting an in-stock game a week later. He "made this up" to me by crediting $4.00.

This is just how Amazon is.

Jagxyz

Exact same situation here, I've been at "shipping soon" for almost 2 days now.

Top Bottom