• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Gritesh

mdubs

Banned
How is this a deal it looks like the xbox one doesn't include kinect so it's a $400 dollar console and a copy of watch dogs that they are claiming is worth 550

You get a free copy of Watch Dogs LE? Normally that the price of both of them together cost $550.

i-Jest

I saw the thread but at which retailers will it be offered?

I pre-ordered it from Amazon during E3 but now I don't even know if I want the game. The impressions of the Japanese version have been piss poor.

What sites are offering the bonus?

I've checked both Amazon.ca and EBGames.ca, and I don't see it listed for either. :(

which seller?

amazon

bestbuy

futureshop

etc

No clue. I just know there are preorder bonuses. Don't know if they're going to be available in Canada. I hope so though. I think EB Games Australia is getting this. We'll probably get more news about it in Canada closer to release.

UPDATE:

EB AUS is getting the bonus.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126412874&postcount=64

Gritesh

Exactly. Google is difficult for some people it seems.

Also, managed to pick up 1TB Hard Drive, $50 bucks was a nice price so thanks for sharing the flyer!

Clearly missing the point

I don't many people feel that that games limited edition is still or ever was worth 150, not saying that's not the msrp .

Jinto

Before I return my second PS4 copy of Diablo 3, anyone want to buy it for $50 (cost plus shipping give or take)?

Edit: No longer available.

mdubs

Banned
Clearly missing the point

I don't many people feel that that games limited edition is still or ever was worth 150, not saying that's not the msrp .

How you feel is super relevant in a thread about deals, right? Doesn't take away that you are getting something priced at $150 for free with the Xbox One, thus making it a deal and hence being posted in this thread.

DJ_Lae

Damn, that's basically free Diablo III...which I already own on PC without expansion, I suppose.

I'll keep waiting for my white PS4. I'm such a sucker, I'd pay more for that (and I imagine Last of Us Remastered will be cheap relatively soon anyway).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ah, there it is. Was on Mobile and couldn't locate the tab, thanks!
I miss the days of having more than ten optional trade-ins.
Yep, shitty amount of games now.

eCyxXk5.png

Yeah I'm hating on Amazon lately.
What used to ship next or same day, now takes 2~4 days to ship.
I've had an order on "Preparing for shipment" since Tuesday.

I don't mind Diablo 3 shipping late but some other games I'm going to want asap.....maybe I'll just pay for better shipping later on.......still cheaper than FS/BB's E3 sale

Jo-El

I don't mind Diablo 3 shipping late but some other games I'm going to want asap.....maybe I'll just pay for better shipping later on.......still cheaper than FS/BB's E3 sale

If you ask them why it takes them so long to ship a game at release, they might upgrade your shipping option for free(they did for me). It doesn't hurt to mention that FS/BB ship before release day pretty much always using their free shipping option.

If you ask them why it takes them so long to ship a game at release, they might upgrade your shipping option for free(they did for me). It doesn't hurt to mention that FS/BB ship before release day pretty much always using their free shipping option.

I asked on chat today and was told it's going to ship soon and will make the estimated date of August 28th =/

I could drive to their warehouse and pick it up in under an hour =/

Jo-El

I asked on chat today and was told it's going to ship soon and will make the estimated date of August 28th =/

I could drive to their warehouse and pick it up in under an hour =/

Ouch. Amazon.ca is a joke. Hopefully they don't keep you waiting too much longer.

i-Jest

There are PSN sales happening soon. Both Flash, Pixel Junk and PAX sales. More here. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879740

Magnus

Long live brick and mortar retail. I'm pretty crazy about day 1 stuff and won't trust online shopping - way too many things that could go wrong, on their end, on yours, or on the way.

Come WoD, I want it at midnight or in the morning that day, no question marks.

jayu26

Does anyone know the best place to buy a copy of The Darkness PS3. (why is this game not available for PC 2K?) I assume only way to get it is used and ebgames website was not very helpful. All other places are way over priced. Best place I could find was lukiegames, but I have never heard of them or tried them before. Does anyone here have any experience with that website?

frequency

I'm also still waiting on Amazon (for Xillia 2). It's not even charged yet. Not Preparing for Shipment or Shipping Soon or anything. In stock since Tuesday but they're just sitting on it to make me feel bad so I will buy their garbage Prime service that cost the same as the American one but offers none of the extra features.

I usually avoid Amazon but price was too good this one time.

Does anyone know the best place to buy a copy of The Darkness PS3. (why is this game not available for PC 2K?) I assume only way to get it is used and ebgames website was not very helpful. All other places are way over priced. Best place I could find was lukiegames, but I have never heard of them or tried them before. Does anyone here have any experience with that website?

My brother orders from them all the time and swears by them.

Zing

Banned
I assume their new games are fine, but I suggest you never, ever buy any used games from them. The condition is usually appalling and they do stupid shit like place labels with their names directly on game carts, etc.

Why aren't you just using Ebay (and avoid Lukie there also).

I'm also still waiting on Amazon (for Xillia 2). It's not even charged yet. Not Preparing for Shipment or Shipping Soon or anything. In stock since Tuesday but they're just sitting on it to make me feel bad so I will buy their garbage Prime service that cost the same as the American one but offers none of the extra features.

Amazon has to make money somehow.*

* disclaimer: Amazon doesn't actually make any overall profit, anyway.

jayu26

I assume their new games are fine, but I suggest you never, ever buy any used games from them. The condition is usually appalling and they do stupid shit like place labels with their names directly on game carts, etc.

Why aren't you just using Ebay (and avoid Lukie there also).

I looked at ebay. The prices over there are ridiculous. I guess I can wait until someone puts up sensible price.

If I had any better options, I'd avoid Amazon too. Everyone is awful for one reason or another--Best Buy and Future Shop won't drop-ship, plus they raised their prices. EBGames raised their prices first, tend to be pricier than everyone else, and never has sales. If Amazon hadn't had that ridiculous E3 promo, I'd probably have bought more stuff from VideoGamesPlus or Game Centre or another independent, but more likely I just wouldn't have bought many of those games until I could walk into a store and buy them at half off.

Still, the idea that Amazon could totally ship out games right now, but will probably sit on them for a week is really stupid. Their blackmail won't work on me, though; I can afford to wait. I don't give a shit if I have to wait an extra week to play Destiny or Xillia 2 or whatever, I'm not paying a red cent for Prime.

Zing

Banned
For some reason, Staples is selling the best portable headphones for the cheapest price anywhere. I've been trying to find a decent set of earbuds for my portable gaming and phone and finally realized that I should just stick with the best, the Sennheiser PX 100. I already own the original PX100 and "iPhone" PX100-IIi, but I wanted a version without the volume/mic (PX100-II) and discovered this deal. These have been the best sub-$100 portable headphones for probably ten years. They fold and include a carrying case. Do yourself a favour and snag these (free shipping).

http://www.staples.ca/en/Sennheiser...-Headphones-Black/product_799838_2-CA_1_20001

XBP

Get amazon prime people, its definitely worth it. Although we only get a small portion of the services US people get, its still worth 99$ if you buy a decent amount of things from amazon. I really hope more and more stuff becomes eligible for prime shipping.

frequency

Get amazon prime people, its definitely worth it. Although we only get a small portion of the services US people get, its still worth 99$ if you buy a decent amount of things from amazon. I really hope more and more stuff becomes eligible for prime shipping.

Why would I want to pay $100 a year for the same level of shipping service as every other online retailer in Canada that do it for free?

How is it worth it without the Instant Video, Kindle ebooks, and music service?

Not to mention the incredibly small amazon.ca store compared to amazon.com in terms of types and volumes of products offered.

Prime in Canada is a rip off. You pay the same as the Americans and get none of the extras. And what you do get with Amazon Prime is equivalent service as what every other place does for free. The only way it's worth it is if you buy a lot of <$25 things in the severely limited selection of things on amazon.ca

If Prime was worth it, they wouldn't need to artificially increase shipping times to try to sell it to you.

Stage On

Haven't gotten my copy of Xillia 2 from Amazon.ca either. Looks like it's not going to ship until next week.

At this point I'm severally tempted to just cancel my order since If I'm not going to get it within a couple of days of release and am being forced to wait anyhow then I might as well wait for the inevitable price drop.

I mean why pay about $48+taxs for it now when I haven't even gotten around to starting Xillia 1 yet let alone finishing Graces. It'll probably be $30 soon enough going by how the prices for Xillia 1 went.

At least Xillia 1 came with a bonus for buying it early. 2 has nadda and it's more expensive to boot which is just leaving a sour taste in my mouth. The only thing holding me back in this case unlike with Borderlands the presequel which I canceled is the fear that Namco will go back to abandoning the Tales series again.

XBP

Why would I want to pay $100 a year for the same level of shipping service as every other online retailer in Canada that do it for free?

Not to mention the incredibly small amazon.ca store compared to amazon.com in terms of types and volumes of products offered.

Prime in Canada is a rip off. You pay the same as the Americans and get none of the extras. And what you do get with Amazon Prime is equivalent service as what every other place does for free. The only way it's worth it is if you buy a lot of <$25 things in the severely limited selection of things on amazon.ca

If Prime was worth it, they wouldn't need to artificially increase shipping times to try to sell it to you.

The fact that i can order dozens of things from amazon and get them on my doorstep within 2 days is worth every single penny of that 100$. Like i said in my previous reply, if you dont buy many things from amazon then its definitely not worth it. But if someone is a frequent shopper on the site then getting your items in such a short period of time, every single time, is worth it.

Stage On

The fact that i can order dozens of things from amazon and get them on my doorstep within 2 days is worth every single penny of that 100$. Like i said in my previous reply, if you dont buy many things from amazon then its definitely not worth it. But if someone is a frequent shopper on the site then getting your items in such a short period of time, every single time, is worth it.

Pft, I used to get stuff from Amazon.ca within 2 days for FREE all the time before they introduced prime. Heck I still get stuff at that speed from other places like Futureshop, Best buy and EB Games.

Yet funny enough prime comes along and now what I used to get quickly takes an entire week or more just for them to get it out the door. Screw them for artificially slowing down the normal shipping speed just so they can try and sell me on their unnecessary and unwanted service.

Pft, I used to get stuff from Amazon.ca within 2 days for FREE all the time before they introduced prime. Heck I still get stuff at that speed from other places like Futureshop, Best buy and EB Games.

Yet funny enough prime comes along and now what I used to get quickly takes an entire week or more just for them to get it out the door. Screw them for artificially slowing down the normal shipping speed just so they can try and sell me on their unnecessary and unwanted service.

This, so much. Everything I wanted to say. This is not a service adding value, this is making you pay for what used to be free. Fuck them.

Tapejara

Hey guys, I've got two questions:

In Canada did the Mass Effect Trilogy include ME1 on disc? As well did the Killzone Trilogy include KZ1 HD on a disc? I've been thinking of picking these up, but I can't find info on whether or not the Canadian versions came with disc copies of the specified games. If not, I'll just get them off PSN.

Thanks!

Not a huge difference but Prime is only $80 in Canada. I'm from PEI and until Prime there was really no such thing as release day shipping so it was a good choice for me. If I ever need anything overnight it's $4 and everything is at most 2 days away.

No_Style

Does anyone know if digital Playstation cards/codes bought from Amazon.com work in Canada? Usually assume they're for all of NA, but Nintendo eShop cards are NOT so a confirmation would be great if someone else has bought them before.
Got a TON of Amazon.com credit, would be great if I could use it on digital codes.

These:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=lp_6427...814011&ie=UTF8&qid=1408704510&rnid=6427814011

Thanks!

Only games and PlayStation Plus cards work. PSN money cards don't.

SickBoy

The instant Amazon brings instant video to Canada (with a modest selection) I'll sign up for Prime.

Until then, there's a reason I made my E3 preorders with Best Buy (Part of which, I'll be honest, had to do with the fact I missed the crazy double-discount that was happening for early buyers -- but shipping was my only reason not to go with Amazon).

frequency

Which is the speed of shipping offered by every other retailer for free. Even Amazon itself offered that for free. Until Prime...

I guess it's "worth it" if you accept being blackmailed into paying for what is regular service since they'll treat you poorly otherwise and pretend it takes a week to put your order in a box/envelope.

Not a huge difference but Prime is only $80 in Canada. I'm from PEI and until Prime there was really no such thing as release day shipping so it was a good choice for me. If I ever need anything overnight it's $4 and everything is at most 2 days away.

Though this situation I understand. If you're in PEI and such places where shipping took a bit longer. It's just for the majority of Canadians 2 day shipping was standard free shipping speed anyway.

And it still is. After they stop faking how hard it is to put something in a box and actually ship it out, the couriers bring it to most Canadians within 2 days still.

Top Bottom