• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Banned
All my friends bought a PS4 at launch now they switched to XB1 around April. They're my FIFA and NHL buddies and if they choose to get destiny on it too then I'm lonely with my PS4.

I bought the Titanfall Xbox One bundle in April and had to sell it because my gf owed $700 in taxes and we needed the cash. :(

I really want an xbox one again but there are terrible deals and I don't want to trade in my PS4. Best I could find is the extra trade credit towards a one but I'm not trading in my PS3 either lol. I'm browsing this thread, RFD, and google everyday for deals.

Doel

Because Destiny and NHL 15 hit the same day, I might take advantage of this. Looking through www.tivs.ca as a reference for trade-in values.

EB Games:
ibHAe1c.png

Best Buy has a trade to for $60 right now. The list is slightly better than last week. This one has Call of Duty Ghosts on it but is missing Last of Us so I still can't take advantage.

Lexxism

Best Buy has a trade to for $60 right now. The list is slightly better than last week. This one has Call of Duty Ghosts on it but is missing Last of Us so I still can't take advantage.

Yeah especially if you were able to take advantage of sales/clearance in Target and Staples.

DJ_Lae

Before Prime any shipping to me in Victoria or Edmonton took at best a week - Victoria was a little better for some Future Shop stuff, but only when they shipped out of the Vancouver depot. If it came from Ontario I would be screwed.

With Prime I get a really consistent two days - Xillia 2 has been the first thing with any real delay, although it's out for delivery today so it was only a few days late.

The best part is completely unrelated to prime itself and that's the UPS guy being insanely consistent - he delivers stuff between 5:45 and 6:15pm, every time. If I have a day off this is not ideal but if I'm working it's great because I'll be home at that point. I haven't had a delivery notice and manual pick-up since I lived in Victoria.

I usually get movies a day before release or occasionally the Friday before, too, which is nice.

stn

Wondering if you guys know where I can get the best deals on:

360:
Mortal Kombat
Dead Space 3
Kingdoms of Amalur
Dragon Age 2

Anything other than Amazon, and Ebay?

djblue89

Does anyone know how to get the BestBuy Diablo and Last of Us PS4 bundle ? I tried a whole bunch of combinations and nothing seems to give it to me for the price in the picture.

360:
Mortal Kombat
Dead Space 3
Kingdoms of Amalur
Dragon Age 2

I think I saw used copies of Kingdoms of Amalur for $14.99 on futureshop.ca although you can probably find it cheaper elsewere

XBP

Which is the speed of shipping offered by every other retailer for free. Even Amazon itself offered that for free. Until Prime...

I guess it's "worth it" if you accept being blackmailed into paying for what is regular service since they'll treat you poorly otherwise and pretend it takes a week to put your order in a box/envelope.

Though this situation I understand. If you're in PEI and such places where shipping took a bit longer. It's just for the majority of Canadians 2 day shipping was standard free shipping speed anyway.

And it still is. After they stop faking how hard it is to put something in a box and actually ship it out, the couriers bring it to most Canadians within 2 days still.

Not really. I never get anything from BB/FS etc within 2 days. Whenever i order something from them it takes 4-5 business days. So prime has been excellent for me so far.

Does anyone know how to get the BestBuy Diablo and Last of Us PS4 bundle ? I tried a whole bunch of combinations and nothing seems to give it to me for the price in the picture.

Yeah, it was just for one day, and they only had 250 bundles at that price, so it probably sold out pretty fast anyway. Sorry, you're out of luck. :(

All my friends bought a PS4 at launch now they switched to XB1 around April. They're my FIFA and NHL buddies and if they choose to get destiny on it too then I'm lonely with my PS4.

I bought the Titanfall Xbox One bundle in April and had to sell it because my gf owed $700 in taxes and we needed the cash. :(

I really want an xbox one again but there are terrible deals and I don't want to trade in my PS4. Best I could find is the extra trade credit towards a one but I'm not trading in my PS3 either lol. I'm browsing this thread, RFD, and google everyday for deals.

Priorities bro. Got financial issue? Stick to PS4 and make new gaming friends. GAF is full of people who okay these games and a lot of more. Don't double dip if all you're getting is multiplatform games.

DJ_Lae

Wouldn't you have to pay a large fee? I would assume it is a contract.

Don't you usually have a 14 day return period? Maybe it's changed in the past few years, but I know I did it before with Fido a while back, and it was a contract.

Either way I'd imagine they'll also require the return of the 3DS.

Banned
Priorities bro. Got financial issue? Stick to PS4 and make new gaming friends. GAF is full of people who okay these games and a lot of more. Don't double dip if all you're getting is multiplatform games.
My multiplats are actually on PC lol. But the xbox one has enticing exclusives, I just can't afford one right now. Sunset Overdrive, a retail version of Killer Instinct and Halo MCC are all coming out before Xmas while my PS4 will be dead after Destiny until Bloodborne.

Logic dictates I keep doing what I am doing now. Finish my PS3 and PC backlog, then enjoy my Wii U in Q4 (hyrule warriors, Bayonetta 2 and Smash) while playing Destiny.

But my heart wants them all lol.

Canon

Banned
Sennheiser HD 598 is on sale on Amazon.ca for $189. I bought a pair since my Shure 440 broke off, and taping it isn't working.

Apparently they are good for gaming because of the open design.

frequency

Still no d3 shipment..... Ugh

I complained to them via email and told them how ridiculous this was and that it was an obvious attempt to sell me on Prime.

They replied saying "In Stock" doesn't mean "In Stock" for me. It means it's in stock somewhere but my fulfillment centre doesn't have it so it's not in stock for me. Then they said they'd upgrade my shipping.

Some hours later, my order changed to "Preparing for Shipment".

Stupid Amazon. I'm tempted to just cancel the rest of my E3 orders because of how they treat us non-Prime peasants.

I complained to them via email and told them how ridiculous this was and that it was an obvious attempt to sell me on Prime.

They replied saying "In Stock" doesn't mean "In Stock" for me. It means it's in stock somewhere but my fulfillment centre doesn't have it so it's not in stock for me. Then they said they'd upgrade my shipping.

Some hours later, my order changed to "Preparing for Shipment".

Stupid Amazon. I'm tempted to just cancel the rest of my E3 orders because of how they treat us non-Prime peasants.

Mine has been preparing for shipment since Tuesday

khaaan

I did.

They've been preparing my order since Monday, I got my Futureshop order on launch day. For people who don't have a lot of money to spend on games I can understand why they would opt for Amazon but I'm willing to pay a little more if it means hopefully sending a message to Amazon.

360:
Mortal Kombat
Dead Space 3
Kingdoms of Amalur
Dragon Age 2

I have an extra copy of Dead Space 3, used/ unopened. Are you in Vancouver?

You can also always try the Flea Market in Van on Terminal Ave. if so.

kennah

I almost feel guilty about this deal. Sold my iphone 4s for $200 and should get $80 for my og 3ds.

Man it is way better playing on the xl and the s4 is a super snazzy phone too

Zing

Banned
I almost feel guilty about this deal. Sold my iphone 4s for $200 and should get $80 for my og 3ds.

Man it is way better playing on the xl and the s4 is a super snazzy phone too
I will be interested to see how you feel about this in three weeks when the iPhone 6 is announced.

Ouya has always been weirdly high on Amazon Canada top sellers. Sometimes I wonder if every Ouya bought worldwide goes through them lol

Yeah, they have to be paying for such a high spot. It actually makes the whole Amazon top sellers list seem less credible, I 100% refuse to believe that Ouya has consistently been on top.

Yeah, they have to be paying for such a high spot. It actually makes the whole Amazon top sellers list seem less credible, I 100% refuse to believe that Ouya has consistently been on top.

The thing is almost dead for months and it's still a bestseller, used to be no.1 on the list!
And yes it makes never rely on their best seller list, unlike Amazon.com's which always was how I knew about good offers and promos!

So why does Paypal say I've been charged $112 (my entire E3 order) when 2 of the games aren't out until next year?

And yes, this was in fact a charge.

edit: Nevermind, Credit card statement show I was only charged for the one game.

If anybody is interested I have a DLC code for the Last of Us Remastered. I'm selling for $35. I'm looking for Canadian PSN money or interac money transfer.

chrono01

Has anyone noticed their pre-order(s) from EBGames.ca diaappearing?

Since they re-did their website, all of my orders have vanished, including one I had for the White PS4 Wireless Head Set [that was supposed to be an EB Games exclusive]. However, when I go to my Order History, or try searching it directly via the Order Number, nothing comes up. o_O

I'm thinking I might email them about it today but, considering it's the weekend, I probably won't be a response until Monday, which is why I wanted to make a post here too.

Jason

Has anyone noticed their pre-order(s) from EBGames.ca diaappearing?

Since they re-did their website, all of my orders have vanished, including one I had for the White PS4 Wireless Head Set [that was supposed to be an EB Games exclusive]. However, when I go to my Order History, or try searching it directly via the Order Number, nothing comes up. o_O

I'm thinking I might email them about it today but, considering it's the weekend, I probably won't be a response until Monday, which is why I wanted to make a post here too.

I just called them. They're still migrating everything to the new site and all orders should pop back up by the end of next week.

Top Bottom