• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just a quick heads up, Playstation Canada has some sort of social media contest coming up open to Canadians. I'll have more details by Tuesday and will probably make a thread which ill link here.

Playstation Canada is aware of this thread and eager to hear back from Canadian fans. I've already mentioned the 50 dollar price increase blows.

As a Canadian myself I pointed out this specific thread to them and asked to be kept in the loop on anything Canadian related that I can pass on.
Tell them to bring back price parity on PSN!

lol

Just a quick heads up, Playstation Canada has some sort of social media contest coming up open to Canadians. I'll have more details by Tuesday and will probably make a thread which ill link here.

Playstation Canada is aware of this thread and eager to hear back from Canadian fans. I've already mentioned the 50 dollar price increase blows.

As a Canadian myself I pointed out this specific thread to them and asked to be kept in the loop on anything Canadian related that I can pass on.

tell them to release the 1tb ps4 first in canada! that way the price of the 500gb decreases sooner.

Anyone have experience in returning online orders from Future Shop? After Bungie announced the Destiny cross-buy promotion, I want to go the digital route to get both versions and return my pre-ordered copy back to Future Shop.

I paid 60 through a giftcard and the rest with my credit card, how would they refund me the total?

Anyone have experience in returning online orders from Future Shop? After Bungie announced the Destiny cross-buy promotion, I want to go the digital route to get both versions and return my pre-ordered copy back to Future Shop.

I paid 60 through a giftcard and the rest with my credit card, how would they refund me the total?

I believe they will give you the $60 back on a gift card and the rest through your credit card. The only time I have returned stuff was just with cash or a credit card, any it is always the original method of payment.

Hopefully the storm tonight will slow down people heading to Target tonight. Might go for a couple more cards tomorrow morning if I have time.

Hopefully the storm tonight will slow down people heading to Target tonight. Might go for a couple more cards tomorrow morning if I have time.

Would they really run out? I am going tomorrow as there is no way I am going in this storm and I didn't think it was possible to not be able to get 1-2 of both PSN and eShop cards.

Just wondering if anyone who pre-ordered NHL 15 with Amazon.ca can check their expected ship/delivery date.

Edit: PS4 specifically I guess.

Can somebody tell me why games get priced on premium here in canada, they can't really blame the exchange rate The hike should be around 65.99, not 69.99.

What the hell is this?

Have game publishers explained this?

PS4-Xbox one get premium priced?

Seriously?

Can somebody tell me why games get priced on premium here in canada, they can't really blame the exchange rate The hike should be around 65.99, not 69.99.

What the hell is this?

Have game publishers explained this?

PS4-Xbox one get premium priced?

Seriously?

Surprisingly Nintendo is doing it best. Wii U games are priced at $65. But they do price 3DS games $5 more, so anywhere from $35-$45. I believe the explanation I heard from others (not publishers) was they are charging more because they were losing money on exchange because they didn't hike the price up earlier. By doing this they are trying to break their losses (or make even more...)

I got 3 50 dollar PSN cards and 1 50 dollar Nintendo one!

I'll be looking forward to Warriors Orochi 3, Naruto UNSR and Samurai Warriors 4 when the time comes!

I'm not sure what I'll get digitally between Smash and Pokemon OR.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks for dropping by. The price hike postponed my PS4 purchase indefinitely, just wanted to say that.

Target @ Metrotown
PSN up to $50 25% off
eShop only $20 for $15 (35 and 50 OOS as usual)
XBOX 10% off only

Are $20 PSN cards discounted too?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just noticed.

Any idea what it's only them that got the price drop?
I'm going to assume that the price error affected Sony and Nintendo cards and Target was just too lazy to change it. That sounds like how a corporation works nowadays. The flyer clearly says only 10% off at the very least.

ahdurian

I wonder if there will be a better deal on these around black friday?

probably, but for the time being it's not that bad

oh, and if anyone was wondering, I got it at the Cloverdale Mall location in Etobicoke
It looked like the Xbox Live cards were only 10% off though for some reason, while Nintendo and Sony cards were all 25% off

23qwerty

Hmm... they took the money from my paypal, but it doesn't say they've shipped yet. Is the order status supposed to change from pre-order to shipped? Also they appear to be two different shipments, that seems odd.

rbTqDvY.png

Zing

Banned
It would be rather odd for any store to run out of cards. The last time there was a sale, I was concerned so I called before I left for the store. However, when I arrived, they literally had a dozen, six inch thick stacks of each denomination card. I think it costs them essentially zero to stock these as they aren't charged until activated.

I wanted to go buy some cards tonight but the really bad thunderstorm kept us in. Also, I couldn't find the PIN for my red card. I'll have to look again later. I scoured the house, though.

FrsDvl

Hmm... they took the money from my paypal, but it doesn't say they've shipped yet. Is the order status supposed to change from pre-order to shipped? Also they appear to be two different shipments, that seems odd.

rbTqDvY.png

From my experience, they hardly ever ship pre orders on the same day as when you get charged. Even though their policy says they don't charge till it's shipped out.

theRizzle

Just wondering if anyone who pre-ordered NHL 15 with Amazon.ca can check their expected ship/delivery date.

Edit: PS4 specifically I guess.

I know you were asking about Amazon.ca but I got my shipping notice from FS for it today.

Now, I live in Nunavut so I think they sent mine a little earlier than they would have normally. I will be lucky to get it by next Friday anyways.

Damn, I should have checked this thread today. I want some eShop cards. I guess I'll take a chance tomorrow... anyone happen to know if they have any left at the Atwater Target in Montreal?

jzbluz

Wow, I did something really stupid. I bought an eshop card and only noticed that it was scratched when I got home. Thankfully the value was still there.

Wow, I did something really stupid. I bought an eshop card and only noticed that it was scratched when I got home. Thankfully the value was still there.

I wonder if someone scratched it and took the code home to try it only to find out that it needed to be activated first.

Cool. I'll check Southdale

I live across from the Grant Park one, so I'll let you all know tomorrow.

I've also noticed that the 25% off allmgaming headsets are not on all the headsets. Only seems to be the Sony Gold Stereo and the Turtle Beach P12. My brother tried to pick up the Pulse heaset (reg. 149.99) and refused to discount it as it's only the ones shown in the flier... so typical Target BS.

Has anyone in Vancouver ever been to the Shoppers Drug Mart on UBC campus? I'm in town for the weekend and looking to get some stuff, but find there are a few big Shoppers in town and a whole bunch of small crappy ones (in terms of electronics, etc).

I see future shop charged me for my Destiny LE but the charge still says pending, even though the funds have been withdrawn. Is this usual of them? Using PayPal!

Sora_N

Has anyone in Vancouver ever been to the Shoppers Drug Mart on UBC campus? I'm in town for the weekend and looking to get some stuff, but find there are a few big Shoppers in town and a whole bunch of small crappy ones (in terms of electronics, etc).

Yes, I work at a different Shoppers but I have some classes at UBC at night. I usually stop by the UBC one to grab some snacks if I need it lol.

The UBC one is smaller and it's just the store + pharmacy. I don't think there's much gaming stuff at all. Usually just larger stores that sell games.

Yes, I work at a different Shoppers but I have some classes at UBC at night. I usually stop by the UBC one to grab some snacks if I need it lol.

The UBC one is smaller and it's just the store + pharmacy. I don't think there's much gaming stuff at all. Usually just larger stores that sell games.
Thanks.

Top Bottom