• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

FYI it's Spend Your Points day today (and tomorrow) at Shoppers, and Dual Shock 4's are five bucks off.

Just got two of them for 50k points and $26 after tax.

zroid

Banned
Is this easy to change at any time?

Yeah the province setting for the eShop is actually separate from the region setting of the consoles (in the system settings), so you can pretty much keep it as Alberta without ever having to worry about changing it back. But if you want to for some reason... it's just a quick change from within the eShop.

ohlawd

Yeah the province setting for the eShop is actually separate from the region setting of the consoles (in the system settings), so you can pretty much keep it as Alberta without ever having to worry about changing it back. But if you want to for some reason... it's just a quick change from within the eShop.

mhmm I got my system settings on BC but on the eShop it's Alberta. Runs off Alberta's taxes.

mhmm I got my system settings on BC but on the eShop it's Alberta. Runs off Alberta's taxes.

What does it show in Mario Kart? (If you have it) I don't know what I have set to what, but in Mario Kart it says I am from Alberta and I get Alberta taxes. If there was a way to have me set to elsewhere in Mario Kart but still get Alberta taxes, I would prefer that.

So many Canadians on Mario Kart are from Alberta. It would be interesting to see the percentage of eShop users that are from Alberta.

Returners

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885308

TL:DR

"I regularly spend massive amounts of money on videogames, but I simply and easily changed my address so that I could save a few bucks on shipping while sending promo items to a Gaffer, and Nintendo banned me and deleted my digital goods for not reading the TOS."

I thought Nintendo banned him for registering multiple copies of the same game in his various club Nintendo accounts?

iphys

The province you put for billing on the eShop has nothing to do with your Club Nintendo account address, so I wouldn't worry. I'm sure Nintendo is aware they have an unusually high number of people using AB or the territories for billing, and realistically they really shouldn't care about collecting less taxes for the government if it means people have more money left to spend on Nintendo games.

zroid

Banned
I thought Nintendo banned him for registering multiple copies of the same game in his various club Nintendo accounts?

I think the point is that Nintendo isn't afraid to ban you for working the system -- the two systems in question here are quite different, of course. Well, I think people can decide for themselves if it's worth the "risk". :p

zroid

Banned
I get that people want to save money, but is sending your tax dollars to another province really the best way to do that?

To be accurate, you're not really sending it to another province, you're sending it to the federal goverment, because the 5% you're paying there is GST. Alberta doesn't have PST.

Is there any particular reason why we pay sales tax on eshop stuff compared to PSN? I remember Xbox 360 stuff was also more expensive, not sure if it is now with Xbox One or if they're the same as PSN now

Zing

Banned
Just came home from target with $305 of eshop cards for $216.75. I didn't even have an active red card. I do physically have the card, but I haven't activated it. I just showed it to them and they gave me the 5% discount.

This makes my $400 purchase of eshop during the last 10% sale look foolish.

So, I currently have about $400 in eshop. That should last me the life of the 3DS and Wii U.

Reposting this.

I can confirm that EB Games in Canada did not receive enough allocation of Destiny Ghost Editions to meet the preorder numbers they took. This is for both online and in store orders.

My store only received one and luckily I was first. I made them show it to me with my reciept and everything on it to make sure. Other stores have had staff remove their names from the list to have customers get theirs. If you're one of the unlucky folks make sure to ask if they went through and removed staff preorders as it's a mandate from head office to do so.

I would check in so you're not disappointed on the midnight launch. They did send extra Limited Editions for those Ghost Edition preorders they won't be able to fulfill.

Go in store and check on your preorder today or tomorrow, otherwise expect to be screwed.

Just got an email from Amazon.ca saying there's a delay and now my estimated ship date for CoD Advanced Warfare for PS4 is now Nov 7th. What a joke. Gotta try and force people to get Prime I guess.

m23

How is best buy with shipping stuff early? I live relatively close to a warehouse, just wondering if I have any chance of receiving destiny tomorrow.

Reposting this.

I can confirm that EB Games in Canada did not receive enough allocation of Destiny Ghost Editions to meet the preorder numbers they took. This is for both online and in store orders.

My store only received one and luckily I was first. I made them show it to me with my reciept and everything on it to make sure. Other stores have had staff remove their names from the list to have customers get theirs. If you're one of the unlucky folks make sure to ask if they went through and removed staff preorders as it's a mandate from head office to do so.

I would check in so you're not disappointed on the midnight launch. They did send extra Limited Editions for those Ghost Edition preorders they won't be able to fulfill.

Haha oh man, no way that would've happened when I was working there. That really sucks though.

the3ye

WOW white DS4s for $49 are OOS in BB/FS :/
Walmart has it for $65 while flyer says it should be $49 as well.
I hope I can get it in store on Tuesday for that price.
My preorder for Ghost Edition from BB is safe for now.

Anony

does ebgames do returns on (eshop) cards?
bought a 20$ last week, maybe buy one at target then return it at eb?
i'm guessing no, ebgames is shit

Stratn

How is best buy with shipping stuff early? I live relatively close to a warehouse, just wondering if I have any chance of receiving destiny tomorrow.

My experience with bb and future shop are they have never delivered on release date. I make it a rule, I will never order online if I want something day 1. Others may have had better luck than me.

I blame myself for cancelling my BB order for Ghost Edition, I thought I'd be the nice guy and leave my copy for someone who needs it since EB confirmed a few days ago that I can pick mine up at midnight! From now on I'll just collect all the copies I could, sit on them for weeks then return whatever I don't wanna keep!

Sealtest

I blame myself for cancelling my BB order for Ghost Edition, I thought I'd be the nice guy and leave my copy for someone who needs it since EB confirmed a few days ago that I can pick mine up at midnight! From now on I'll just collect all the copies I could, sit on them for weeks then return whatever I don't wanna keep!

So far Windsor EB Games hasn't told me mine is cancelled but I knew from previous CE's i should keep my futureshop one just incase this shit happened again.

Has ebgames said if you get any kind of discount if you choose the LE?

So far Windsor EB Games hasn't told me mine is cancelled but I knew from previous CE's i should keep my futureshop one just incase this shit happened again.

Has ebgames said if you get any kind of discount if you choose the LE?

They offered a discounted copy of the LE but this's not what I wanted :(

I'd say you will get your copy cause all the stores have the game in stock already so they should have called you if there is bad news!

Jagxyz

So apparently if I ordered Destiny today I could get free release date shipping, but since I ordered it a couple months ago I'm not able to get it at release (it says I'll get it on Sept 15 but it'll probably be a day or two after release)?

Come on Amazon :/

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Got PS +, 50$ PSN card, and three 20$ Eshop cards for a grand total of 120$ - really happy of my haul :)

Target keeps on delivering

So apparently if I ordered Destiny today I could get free release date shipping, but since I ordered it a couple months ago I'm not able to get it at release (it says I'll get it on Sept 15 but it'll probably be a day or two after release)?

Come on Amazon :/

How do you get free release day?

Quick question about iPhone. Is it likely that we would be able to purchase unlocked iPhone 6 at launch? Got a bell plan without contract that we don't wanna change.

Top Bottom