• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

ohlawd

searching Curtain Call on BB/FS only gives me the LE so I guess it's true.

When do you guys normally get your shipping notifications from BB/FB? I don't ever get mine until the day before, but I live fairly close to the shipping warehouse so I imagine that's why.

the day before, late at night.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
There's basically no one from Winnipeg on GAF. I mean, I'm in Winnipeg but I'm only here because I'm saving for school and can't afford to live on my own. There's no reason to live in this shithole if you are financially independent. Literally one of the worst cities I've been in. I only ever see people from Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal whenever I see people mention where they live.

There's more here than you think.

Why can't I buy a ps4 by itself in Canada. Seriously ffs, sort your shit out Sony. The last of us bunduru is sold out everywhere in Saskatoon and the Destiny bunduru launches on Tuesday. So now I have to wait till Tuesday to buy a ps4. I don't even want a white ps4. This shit really grinds my gears.

Superstore has unbundled PS4s as does Target. Costco might as well.

Not yet... Not even PayPal notification.

Apparently they are late with many of those ghost Editions!

When do you guys normally get your shipping notifications from BB/FB? I don't ever get mine until the day before, but I live fairly close to the shipping warehouse so I imagine that's why.

It depends on how far you live from the warehouse, they ship accordingly and send you the notification when the label is created!
Here in AB I usually get the notification on Sunday for Tuesday releases!

kasane

There's basically no one from Winnipeg on GAF. I mean, I'm in Winnipeg but I'm only here because I'm saving for school and can't afford to live on my own. There's no reason to live in this shithole if you are financially independent. Literally one of the worst cities I've been in. I only ever see people from Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal whenever I see people mention where they live.

winnipeg still exists

kennah

Just a heads up - walmart has dropped Animal Crossing and Mario 3d land to $20 if you can find stock or for price matching purposes.

imagejpg1_zps826606c9.jpg

Shhhweet! Only bummer is that FS doesn't use UPS as they absolutely rock where I live. Canada Post, on the other hand, is always late. I'll be lucky to get it by Wednesday.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Just got an email from Amazon.ca saying there's a delay and now my estimated ship date for CoD Advanced Warfare for PS4 is now Nov 7th. What a joke. Gotta try and force people to get Prime I guess.

I got the same email. Feels bad. Might go preorder from EB.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
After Amazon had my Xillia 2 CE "preparing for shipment" for a whole week, I've promised to never use their service again. Real shame too, because before Prime was introduced, they always got my stuff to me on release day with free shipping. I'll stick to EB Games and BB/FS thank you very much.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anywhere from a day before getting it to a day after already getting the game.

My order number is not showing up when I input it on the Future Shop site, but when I called them they were able to locate it as well as tell me I had been charged for it. Should I still be worried anyway? It's only the LE of the Destiny, but still.. I also am starting to believe the extra ten bucks on shipping may have been a waste.

Edit: Other question, to those whom pre-loaded on Xbox, were you charged immediately?

FrsDvl

My order number is not showing up when I input it on the Future Shop site, but when I called them they were able to locate it as well as tell me I had been charged for it. Should I still be worried anyway? It's only the LE of the Destiny, but still.. I also am starting to believe the extra ten bucks on shipping may have been a waste.

Edit: Other question, to those whom pre-loaded on Xbox, were you charged immediately?

I paid for shipping once, that was for my ps4. While other people in Alberta got theirs the day of, or even before release. I got mine a day late. Not paying for shipping again. Unless you live far away from a warehouse (Richmond BC, Mississauga ONT) it won't be worth the extra money.

I don't understand why everyone doesn't just do the buy and return method. I get it's a nuisance of a step, but I sure as hell ain't waiting a week to play Destiny.

I paid for shipping once, that was for my ps4. While other people in Alberta got theirs the day of, or even before release. I got mine a day late. Not paying for shipping again. Unless you live far away from a warehouse (Richmond BC, Mississauga ONT) it won't be worth the extra money.

I figured it was probably a mistake. I'm in Kingston, ON so I have no idea where I am in regards to their nearest shipping facility. I'm assuming it's not too far, which is a nice opposite from my days in New Brunswick.

When it comes to Best Buy/Futureshop it seems random when they post it, and even moreso when it arrives (maybe it's a Winnipeg thing).

Best Buy shipped out Metro: Redux on Sunday and the game was in my hands on release day. The same thing happened with Killzone Shadowfall (arrived the monday before the PS4 launch). However I have ordered games from them before and the ship out releae day and take around 10 days to arrive (noticed this also with movies).

Going to be interesting to see when Amazon ships out Destiny (knowing my luck, on Friday).

IllumiNate

Will they let you buy it now or do I have to wait until Destiny is released before I can do this promotion?

I want to do it today to get the mega redemption, but Destiny isn't out until Tuesday so they might say I can't get it?

So I went to Shoppers and asked to buy an XB1, she came back with a non kinect $399 console. I say Ok but I need this deal here, and pointed at the flyer bundle. Anyways long story short I got the $399 XB1 with 2x Copies of Madden 15 instead of Forza Horizon 2 and Destiny. She made a note on my receipt that said I'd be allowed to trade those two unopened games for Forza and Destiny once those games are out. I also got the 3 month XBL card. I used my points during the spend your point event and only paid $198 for everything...

Canon

Banned
So I went to Shoppers and asked to buy an XB1, she came back with a non kinect $399 console. I say Ok but I need this deal here, and pointed at the flyer bundle. Anyways long story short I got the $399 XB1 with 2x Copies of Madden 15 instead of Forza Horizon 2 and Destiny. She made a note on my receipt that said I'd be allowed to trade those two unopened games for Forza and Destiny once those games are out. I also got the 3 month XBL card. I used my points during the spend your point event and only paid $198 for everything...
Well it's too late for me to go now, and I doubt I'd be that lucky.

So I can pick up the game in person to FS and return the one that gets shipped to me from Amazon?

Buy it from Future Shop, play it, and once you get Amazon's copy, return that sealed one to Future Shop (make sure you keep the FS receipt). The idea is that you're returning a sealed game, so it doesn't matter where it came from.

Maximus.

Got a PS+ 1 year sub and 2 20 dollar psn cards from Target. Had a Target gift card too, so was a great deal. Also, decided to buy the Sony Gold Wireless Headset from Bestbuy for 70 dollars.

23qwerty

If I didn't work tuesday I might have done the buy and return idea, but the game should be here by the time I get back from work anyway

Xenoflare

Anyone know how often Dualshock 3's goes on sale? Mine is 4 years old and the USB port is getting really rusty, I'm experiencing a lot of disconnections when trying to use it when it's charging.

Xenoflare

If only DS4s were fully comaptible, I'd have given up on DS3 all together!

I don't have a PS4 and from what I heard the battery life on DS4 is shorter than DS3.

I plan to keep my PS3 alive for another 2 years, I recall seeing DS3 for $40 sometime ago for best buy, hope they'll have another sale like that soon.

I don't have a PS4 and from what I heard the battery life on DS4 is shorter than DS3.

I plan to keep my PS3 alive for another 2 years, I recall seeing DS3 for $40 sometime ago for best buy, hope they'll have another sale like that soon.

It's true DS4 battery isn't as good as DS3 but on every other aspect it's far better!
My PS3 is still well alive too, I have enough games on it for years to come!
Maybe check SDM for DS3 and buy during some 20X points event or using a coupon, that might be not a bad deal if you can't find them at a better price somewhere else!

Edit: looks like someone is taking the responsibility of raising awareness that the new NHL game is a bad one lol
This's from Kijiji!

Oh2DA9x.png

Ondore

I should probably grab more cards then. Ah well, I guess I don't have to worry about buying a game just to have it go on sale shortly after like with some psn games I purchased.

In the case of Dual Destinies, it just went *off* sale. Senran hasn't had a sale yet.

khaaan

Anyone know how often Dualshock 3's goes on sale? Mine is 4 years old and the USB port is getting really rusty, I'm experiencing a lot of disconnections when trying to use it when it's charging.

Check Target, YMMV but when I went yesterday (in Mississauga) to get a couple of the money cards I saw that they had DS3's at a discounted price. Can't remember exactly how much but I want to say it was in the high $30's.

Top Bottom