• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Megasoum

Banned
Quick Pro-tip for Québec-GAF.

If you're using one of Videotron's "Internet TGV" packages, CHECK THE VIDEOTRON WEBSITE... They started offering "Fibre/Hybrid" internet bundles recently and you can get the same speed as TGV for much cheaper. I went from 60Mbits down/10Mbits Up "TGV 60" for 83$ every month to "Fibre 60" which is also 60down/10up but for 68$!

Only had to call customer service and they switched it in 2minutes over the phone. That's easy money!

IllumiNate

Ok so Shoppers has a deal on XB1. Buy the XB1 Kinect bundle and receive Forza Horizon 2 and either NHL 15 or Destiny free. As well as a free 3 month XBL card. This is in there flyer which is effective until the 11th.
How do you think that works? being that Horizon 2 isn't out yet... Is it a typo and they meant Forza 5?

Ok so Shoppers has a deal on XB1. Buy the XB1 Kinect bundle and receive Forza Horizon 2 and either NHL 15 or Destiny free. As well as a free 3 month XBL card. This is in there flyer which is effective until the 11th.
How do you think that works? being that Horizon 2 isn't out yet... Is it a typo and they meant Forza 5?

I'm sure it's Forza 5, it comes for free anyway with Xbone, so it's Destiny or NHL to go with the current Xbone promo!

Anony

ok, i'm just going to round here:
Target - sale on eshop (and various other cards)
40$ credit for 30$
eshop - mario 3d world - 42$ with alberta tax
wii u deluxe DDP - 10% back from 60$ - 6$
total is 24$

smoking hot, of course, you really get 5$ credit back if u cant connect that 10% points with the next 5$ increment , and you need to buy over 40$ worth of eshop point card including the tax, but I had a balance, so i just got 2 20$ cards

lots of cards available at my target location (not gonna mention location, to keep supplies from running out)
if you need psn/xbox/eshop cards (and others, like LoL, fb, nexon cards too i think) and don't have a target near you, i'm planning on going on another run soon, PM me, i'll see if I can get some for you
(gonna need to ask for money/paypal first though)

40$ credit for 30$
total is 24$

smoking hot, of course, you really get 5$ credit back if u cant connect that 10% points with the next 5$ increment , and you need to buy over 40$ worth of eshop point card including the tax, but I had a balance, so i just got 2 20$ cards

lots of cards available at my target location (not gonna mention location, to keep supplies from running out)
if you need psn/xbox/eshop cards (and others, like LoL, fb, nexon cards too i think) and don't have a target near you, i'm planning on going on another run soon, PM me, i'll see if I can get some for you

You don't get the points for the original price, just what you pay. So you would get 399 points from Super Mario 3D World.

WOW white DS4s for $49 are OOS in BB/FS :/
Walmart has it for $65 while flyer says it should be $49 as well.
I hope I can get it in store on Tuesday for that price.
My preorder for Ghost Edition from BB is safe for now.

Yeah, I just noticed the OOS blue DS4 for $49.99 the other day. I had actually just purchased one last week from FS. So I sent them an email, and they credited my card $15 + tax to match the new price.

A blue DS4 for $50 is pretty sweet.

khaaan

Assuming they still have stock, yeah. I just picked up some eShop cards (and delicious birthday cake oreos) at the Surrey Central Target and they were running low. No $50 cards at all.

That's kind of interesting. I guess YMMV cause when I went to Target earlier today they had a strong stock of $50 eShop cards (and plenty of PSN cards) but no $35 eShop cards.

That's kind of interesting. I guess YMMV cause when I went to Target earlier today they had a strong stock of $50 eShop cards (and plenty of PSN cards) but no $35 eShop cards.

My Target is loaded with every denomination of PSN and eShop at 25%. Even grabbed some for our fellow Gaffer IllumiNate.

23qwerty

Yay! Different shipments though that seems a little odd

BAsdxkR.png

zorbsie

Bummed that you can't get PSN/XBL/eshop cards with shoppers optimum points. I would be all over that today. I'll just wait and get Destiny with my points on Tuesday.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
My experience with bb and future shop are they have never delivered on release date. I make it a rule, I will never order online if I want something day 1. Others may have had better luck than me.

Opposite for me, the only thing they haven't delivered on release day so far was Danganronpa 2 and that was because of labour day. Everything else, including my PS4, arrived right on release day.

ohlawd

Assuming they still have stock, yeah. I just picked up some eShop cards (and delicious birthday cake oreos) at the Surrey Central Target and they were running low. No $50 cards at all.

even the 2nd side is running low? lol

when I picked my 50s a couple days ago, the inner aisle had its cards cleared out but the outter aisle looked untouched.

Canon

Banned
J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I even contacted BB support and Theatrhythm's date is still Dec 31st. Please don't get delayed. :(

kitzkozan

40$ credit for 30$
total is 24$

My target also had plenty of eshop / xbox cards, but PSN was completely oos. XD Anyway, I already have near 100$ credit on psn so I don't care lol. Got myself an eshop card and I might go back for another one + perhaps a 2 months wow subscription (with a $3 discount) depending on if I intend to buy the upcoming expansion or not.

Target might have a future in Canada after all, depending on if they can capitalize on good deal such as these (but for every department, not just electronics).

Canon

Banned
Will they let you buy it now or do I have to wait until Destiny is released before I can do this promotion?

I want to do it today to get the mega redemption, but Destiny isn't out until Tuesday so they might say I can't get it?
Well I called and they don't have Destiny in stock so it looks like I can't do my mega redemption on this

ohlawd

Curtain Call's 1st print are all LEs, right?

maaaaaaaaaan I need to go pick up more cards. I think I'll be buying all the DLC.

iiicon

even the 2nd side is running low? lol

when I picked my 50s a couple days ago, the inner aisle had its cards cleared out but the outter aisle looked untouched.

there's a second aisle? I don't usually go to this Target but was in the area. the cards were above the Wii U games.

there's a second aisle? I don't usually go to this Target but was in the area. the cards were above the Wii U games.

At my Target the $50 cards were cleared out from the Wii U section. But they had more cards in the 3DS section, so I assume there would be more there at all Targets.

Biff

Any Toronto-GAF get their Destiny shipping notification from BB/FS yet?

The last few preorders of mine all missed the Monday night cut-off for Tuesday delivery by an hour. Clearly their fault and not Canada Post. Really hoping they don't screw it up again for Destiny.

m23

The last few preorders of mine all missed the Monday night cut-off for Tuesday delivery by an hour. Clearly their fault and not Canada Post. Really hoping they don't screw it up again for Destiny.

BB charged my CC a day or two ago, but no shipping notification yet.

redhot_

About what time would that be?

Mentok

Banned
Why can't I buy a ps4 by itself in Canada. Seriously ffs, sort your shit out Sony. The last of us bunduru is sold out everywhere in Saskatoon and the Destiny bunduru launches on Tuesday. So now I have to wait till Tuesday to buy a ps4. I don't even want a white ps4. This shit really grinds my gears.

Wow that sucks, I didn't have issues in Ottawa. Wished I had waited though, as the white PS4 looks so much better than my black one. Why don't you want the white?

maaaaaaaaaan I need to go pick up more cards. I think I'll be buying all the DLC.

Wait... WAIT THEY ARE? Welp, guess I'm not cancelling my BB pre-order then. FF Curtain Call will be the reason I start using my 3DS for something that isn't convention street passes in the past 6-9 months. My 3DS just sits there on its dock being charged while my Vita gets abused by redownloading PS+ games

Really?

I might hold on to that game then. I was going to pass on it as I'm a little Theatrythmed out.

I guess I will keep my Best Buy order.

Meanwhile, at Amazon.ca:

Aleq2Ew.png

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
When do you guys normally get your shipping notifications from BB/FB? I don't ever get mine until the day before, but I live fairly close to the shipping warehouse so I imagine that's why.

Top Bottom