• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Dazzler

Forgot I preordered Destiny during E3 2013, getting it for $39.99 makes it all the sweeter

Someone on RFD claiming SDM has the Call of Duty Vita bundle for $99 if you can find it in stock

Some dud already claimed he scooped up eight of them so I'm guessing it won't be in stock anywhere

TimeKillr

Wtf Amazon.

You're weird.

It took you 2 weeks to ship Ultra SF4, but you're shipping Destiny so I have it on release date?

I'm not complaining, mind you, I just do not understand them at *all*.

Takuan

Forgot I preordered Destiny during E3 2013, getting it for $39.99 makes it all the sweeter

Someone on RFD claiming SDM has the Call of Duty Vita bundle for $99 if you can find it in stock

Some dud already claimed he scooped up eight of them so I'm guessing it won't be in stock anywhere

LOL why? He gonna flip these at $150? I don't even see that being easy...

ryanmac

Banned
Wtf Amazon.

You're weird.

It took you 2 weeks to ship Ultra SF4, but you're shipping Destiny so I have it on release date?

I'm not complaining, mind you, I just do not understand them at *all*.

Amazon doesn't make the games. If it took two weeks to ship SF4 it was likely a supply issue -- not a delivery issue.

Past

IndustryX

Love those e3 preorder deals preordered Destiny ($40) and NHL 15 ($48.99) for 88.99 combined. Ordered Destiny last year at e3 so that's the reason for it being cheaper. Got Destiny from future shop and NHL from Bestbuy we shall see who does better with shipping :p

On top of Madden 15 my ps4 is gonna be feeling the love for a long time.

explodet

Yeah, it's almost criminal how cheap I'm getting Destiny.
I guess I'll just blow the money I saved on the Season Pass. :p

Oh excuse me, "Expansion Pass".

Takuan

Y'all got shipping notices for Destiny? I ain't get diddly shit, what the darn.

No...ordered from amazon.

DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 by 8:00pm
Pre-ordered

FFS.

Ship them today you asshats...shoulda been done friday.

edit one good thing - i checked eearlier today and it said between the 10th and 24th so they must be shipping real soon.
But TimeKiller got one! No matter, I have it pre-ordered from BB as well (E3 2013). I'll just return the Amazon copy to BB when it comes in.

therapist

No...ordered from amazon.

DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 by 8:00pm
Pre-ordered

FFS.

Ship them today you asshats...shoulda been done friday.

edit one good thing - i checked eearlier today and it said between the 10th and 24th so they must be shipping real soon.

It says "Shipping now" for me so I should be getting a notice pretty soon.

No kidding. With the amazon E3 sale 45% off flub I'm getting it for 33.47 + tax. That's crazy!

Most games didn't get -quite- that low, but I also have Bayonetta 2, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax locked in at what will be 33.47 + tax as well. So good.

Takuan

Yeah, I checked Amazon and the status is indeed "Shipping Now". I guess you don't get a notice until it's actually been shipped. I just got one from FS, looks like I'm good to go tomorrow.

Housh

My Futureshop E3 preorder Destiny shipped last night but Canada Post says I won't get it until the 10th.

I used to get Futureshop games a day early....I guess the gravy train ended.

spyguy

I still don't have notice of Destiny shipping from Future Shop. Weird. I bet as soon as I post this I'll get the email.

Edit.

Three hours later, got my shipping email. Will be playing tomorrow! Yes!

Trying to cancel my NHL 15 pre-order from the Best Buy E3 deal, anyone know if thats possible? I don't see any option on the site to cancel

Is this thread just going to become "Destiny shipping status: the thread" for a little bit?
As someone who took the all-digital plunge, it's gonna be a fun read!

Not fun because I'm gloating, fun because I'm being sarcastic and it's going to be an awful read because no one knows how to ship anything in Canada anymore.

TimeKillr

Amazon doesn't make the games. If it took two weeks to ship SF4 it was likely a supply issue -- not a delivery issue.

I am well aware of that. The problem is for those two weeks, I would check the stock status on their site and it said "In Stock".

Amazon's been shitty with non-Prime members lately.

DJ_Lae

Hmm amazon.ca is preparing the shipment for my white Destiny ps4. I eagerly await the shipped notice :)

Same, mine says shipping now.

Can't wait.

As someone who took the all-digital plunge, it's gonna be a fun read!

Not fun because I'm gloating, fun because I'm being sarcastic and it's going to be an awful read because no one knows how to ship anything in Canada anymore.

Mine (and StrangeADTs) will be pretty uneventful as Amazon's two day shipping is reliable.

My white PS4 bundle will arrive at my house tomorrow between 5:30 and 6:00pm, as per usual with UPS stuff. I must have gotten lucky with the driver but he's insanely consistent.

Return as in "Return to sender" return or you printed off the shipping label etc?

Did you just get lucky or do they actually offer free returns now?

Shipping label return through their system. I did mention, in the "reason for return" section, that the description was wrong and that it didn't include the artbook. Maybe I picked an option then that made the return shipping free? I don't remember being charged for return shipping, at any rate.

You're right, though, I just double-checked and Amazon.ca says the return shipping is free ONLY if they made a mistake, not if you just decided you didn't want the item anymore. So I dunno.

Same, mine says shipping now.

Can't wait.

Mine (and StrangeADTs) will be pretty uneventful as Amazon's two day shipping is reliable.

My white PS4 bundle will arrive at my house tomorrow between 5:30 and 6:00pm, as per usual with UPS stuff. I must have gotten lucky with the driver but he's insanely consistent.

Ya, the 2 day shipping was only $5. I originally had it booked as super saver shipping but the expected date was September 18th or something stupid, so I just paid the $5. Not a whole lot of money to ship it that much faster.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Best Buy shipped my Ghost Edition, so that means it's time to be placed into a medically induced coma. See ya tomorrow CanadaGAF. :D

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Why can't I buy a ps4 by itself in Canada. Seriously ffs, sort your shit out Sony. The last of us bunduru is sold out everywhere in Saskatoon and the Destiny bunduru launches on Tuesday. So now I have to wait till Tuesday to buy a ps4. I don't even want a white ps4. This shit really grinds my gears.

If I were you if you have one in your area check Superstores, Im in winnipeg mind you but I always go to check out electronics there and they always have 3-4 ps4's stand alone and then one or two bundled with games.

kennah

If I were you if you have one in your area check Superstores, Im in winnipeg mind you but I always go to check out electronics there and they always have 3-4 ps4's stand alone and then one or two bundled with games.

Yep, could even find the Mario Kart Wii U's there long after people were saying they were out of stock everywhere.

Sealtest

So ebgames windsor just confirmed they have my ghost edition and that they won't be removing them from the shipping box's because they think since alot of them were cancelled in Canada people will get "rowdy" if they see people walking out with one.

Oh great i've always wanted 2 get mugged over a video game.

zroid

Banned
Picked up $55 in eShop money at Target. I'm probably going to regret not getting more, and especially going to regret not getting any PSN money, which I'm definitely going to need once I get a PS4, but...

I really hate paying upfront for stuff :(

oh well

Takuan

Just got my shipped notification for Destiny from Amazon. Awwwwwwww yiss.

Ordered the Gold headset for maximum Destiny experience. Should arrive tmw, too.

xanavi

My copy from amazon is supposedly arriving tomorrow but for $37.82 after taxes I wouldn't even be able to complain about it getting here sometime next week.

Magnus

Guys. Seriously. Was the $5-15 discount online really worth the heartache of not knowing when your game will arrive? I just don't get it. Retail isn't that awful. You know exactly what you're getting and you get it right away. Lol.

Top Bottom