• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Guys. Seriously. Was the $5-15 discount online really worth the heartache of not knowing when your game will arrive? I just don't get it. Retail isn't that awful. You know exactly what you're getting and you get it right away. Lol.

Sure it's worth it. It's just a day or two.

Though the PSN/eshop card sale at Target may work out to a better deal in the end. Especially when it comes to PSN since there is no tax on the cards or the store. That's an incredible savings.

Guys. Seriously. Was the $5-15 discount online really worth the heartache of not knowing when your game will arrive? I just don't get it. Retail isn't that awful. You know exactly what you're getting and you get it right away. Lol.

my $30-$35 savings per game makes it worth the wait.

explodet

For Destiny on Amazon my discount turned out to be closer to $40.
Seriously, Amazon was tweaking the price of that game so much by the time it hit E3 there were like 3 different discounts being applied to it.

Jayhawk

I was afraid of any shipping delays as I am going to Tokyo next week for TGS, so I decided not to pre-order the white Destiny PS4 bundle. Instead I will be lining up at my local Future Shop to grab one tonight at midnight. I wonder how early I would have to be.

Why would I pay more? I'm saving more than $30 and I can still get one copy at midnight and return it whenever I'm free within a month :p anyway my copy is estimated to be here tomorrow 9am!

Grimsen

No way I'm paying more than 60 bucks for a game. I don't really care about getting games late. The vast majority are delivered on release day anyway.

Jinto

First off, it's over $20 in savings with the added convenience of not having to leave your house. Secondly, most of us ordered more than just a couple of games, so multiply that by the number of games. Does saving hundreds of dollars make more sense to you?

$70 vs $49, seems worth it to me. Then again, I preordered in store and got the 30% off deal because the signage said you could do it in store as well as online. They took down the sign immediately after I pointed it out and are honoring all my in store preorders with the discount.

If you were really unsure though, just buy a copy day 1 at retail, return the copy that gets shipped to you with your retail receipt.

Returners

"20 dollars a lot of money, today you save 20, then tomorrow you save another 20, then you go to the EBGames and buy something else!"

@Wreck

totally worth it.

paying

$50
\o/

instead of

$70
:'(

oh yeah!

YES!!!

My NHL 15 shipped...

:(

indivisible

Neo Member
YES!!!

My NHL 15 shipped...

Same, I really want a nhl game for ps4 but I don't know if I'm keeping it. No destiny shipping notice though. I got a shipping notice for last of us on release day and got it on release day so hopefully it will too.

suikodan

For 20$, it's worth it and let's face it, I received my game MAXIMUM the day after release day so it isn't that much of a heartache.

And if you want it on Day 1 and have it pre-ordered at BB/FS, you pick it up at retail and you return your copy when you receive it. You still save and you still get your game on Day 1.

explodet

I wonder if the retail stores expect this by now - the mad rush of game returns once the online purchases come in.

It's like those "I got these as a gift" posts on Craigslist.

MesH

I don't know about you, but I am not rich, and with the E3 deal you save 21 bucks per game, seems worth it to me. With Best Buy I have received my games day one. I buy a lot of games new so saving 20 bucks is a big savings.

I wonder if the retail stores expect this by now - the mad rush of game returns once the online purchases come in.

I don't think it's a widespread thing, I'm sure it won't be like the return season after Christmas at least lol

What are you talking about? People have birthdays that line up with popular game release dates, obviously.

iiicon

so I ordered my copy of Destiny from FS with Paypal but switched to digital with the Target PSN sale. when I return Destiny, will they refund me personally or my Paypal account?

it's not just $5-15. I have 22 games pre-ordered over the next 2ish years. that's a lot of money saved on games I will probably want at release.

NmUr6Sh.png

We shipped now.

Samyy

YES!!!

My NHL 15 shipped...

Same situation :(

Can I return NHL 15 to Futureshop for a full refund/ exchange? Would rather put that money towards Diablo 3 now...

I got shipping notification for Destiny today for scheduled delivery tomorrow from amazon.

I also just got shipping notification from square enix for the theatrhythm curtain call collectors edition. It's nice to know they sent it early considering how long it will probably take to get here.

the3ye

Anyone in Vancouver area have shipping confirmation from BB about Ghost Edition?
I tried to call them, but it looks like they're busy there...
Order from 7/10 and still no progress...damn :/

timnich

Does anyone know if the white PS Gold headset is being sold in Canada? Im getting my white PS4 tomorrow and the OCD in me wants the headset to match, but I haven't seen any indication that it will be available in Canada.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Same situation :(

Can I return NHL 15 to Futureshop for a full refund/ exchange? Would rather put that money towards Diablo 3 now...
I'll be returning mine to BB on the weekend.

On the one hand, EA disappoint. On the other hand, more time with a date with Destiny.

Does anyone know if the white PS Gold headset is being sold in Canada? Im getting my white PS4 tomorrow and the OCD in me wants the headset to match, but I haven't seen any indication that it will be available in Canada.

I'm trying to sell my brand new black Gold headset to buy the white one instead, it'll probably run out quickly!

Top Bottom