• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

zroid

Banned
OK, I just read amazon.ca's return policy.

If you use this mailing label and your return is not the result of our error, the shipping cost of that returned item will be deducted from your refund. The amount deducted will be the equivalent to our standard shipping costs for that item.

Basically if it's an item that costs $25+ then you can return it for free. That's my understanding, anyway.

OK, I just read amazon.ca's return policy.

Basically if it's an item that costs $25+ then you can return it for free. That's my understanding, anyway.

I don't think the free shipping applies to returns, also their free shipping is called Free Super Saver iirc, Standard shipping is a paid one :D

PSA for those buying gift cards and subscriptions from Target.

1. Walk into any store that sells the card you are looking for. Don't activate it.
2. Pick it up and walk out. Again, don't activate it.
3. Go to target and activate it there.
4. Enjoy the discount.

Bonus points if you walk into EB Games and pick up the cards cause fuck EB.

Holy crap, Amazon.ca actually shipped my copy of Destiny... ETA? Tomorrow...

...I might actually get a game on the actual release date guys!!!

ME TOO EVERYTHING IS AMAZING.

(and they finally decided to ship DanganRonpa 2 as well, so that's good.)

1. Walk into any store that sells the card you are looking for. Don't activate it.
4. Enjoy the discount.

Bonus points if you walk into EB Games and pick up the cards.

This is still stealing, right? Just because you don't actually get anything of value doesn't make it not illegal, right?

kasane

ME TOO EVERYTHING IS AMAZING.

(and they finally decided to ship DanganRonpa 2 as well, so that's good.)

This is still stealing, right? Just because you don't actually get anything of value doesn't make it not illegal, right?
Of course it is. But people would take advantage of everything

4. Enjoy the discount.

There's no way this is legal.

Draysoth

FS shipped me Destiny on the Xbone and I got it today - ordered it before the 180s and such, and none of my friends have an Xbone. Sad. (E3 2012 deal).

Maximus.

Haha I guess. I haven't tried it but I've heard some folks attempted it. The card has "no value until activated" so there's that.

It's still considered inventory and we don't know if they have to pay for the cards prior to activation to sell them....so yes it's theft.

4. Enjoy the discount.

There is no good reason to do this.

Just read that the White Gild Headset is extremely limited amount that won't be made again, so if you're thinking about getting one try to act fast! Anyone wanna buy my new Gold Headset so that I can buy the white one? lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Both NHL 15 and Destiny have been processed, fingers crossed on getting both tomorrow! :D

Grimsen

Gonna have to go hunting for a 50$ white DS4 tomorrow.

Also my copy of destiny left Mississauga and was "in transit" at 1:15 am this morning. Next update at 6:40pm? "Picked up by Canada Post"... In Mississauga. Fuck you, Mr postman.

DJ_Lae

Weird, Amazon order says the white PS4 should arrive by Wednesday...which is certainly not release day delivery. Oh well.

It's also coming by Canada Post, which is odd as usually the largest items from Amazon come UPS, movies and other stuff come Canada Post. It also means it won't arrive at my convenient little after-work window.

Zing

Banned
As someone who doesn't own a PS4, I have to say that the "Gold Wireless Headset" has an absurd name. There doesn't appear to be any gold anywhere on it. What does it have to do with gold at all? I see the little gold trophy on the box, but that still has no practical meaning, right?

Weird, Amazon order says the white PS4 should arrive by Wednesday...which is certainly not release day delivery. Oh well.

It's also coming by Canada Post, which is odd as usually the largest items from Amazon come UPS, movies and other stuff come Canada Post. It also means it won't arrive at my convenient little after-work window.
Same :( ups is so much better. Gah.

Big Chungus

As someone who doesn't own a PS4, I have to say that the "Gold Wireless Headset" has an absurd name. There doesn't appear to be any gold anywhere on it. What does it have to do with gold at all? I see the little gold trophy on the box, but that still has no practical meaning, right?

aTurh8Z.gif

Just get a raincheck.

A raincheck for what?

how much shipped to van?

The shipping will probably be expensive, $15-20 I guess! Still you can make an offer if you'd like to :)
I have it ok Kijiji already!

I think they're trying to classify their Playstation branded headsets, as you may have heard they just announced the Silver Headset which is a cheaper wired alternative! So basically they are just different series :)

ryanmac

Banned
I'll be picking up Destiny and NHL 15 tomorrow -- but haven't seen any deals. Best Buy did have its free blu ray DVD for the first 20 people to buy both games at the midnight launch.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Just "won" $50 off of $100 purchase on shop.ca.

Whats the rep of this site?

It's legit, they advertise during NHL games as well.

I've ordered numerous things off of shop.ca.

I believe there's an employee on here as well.

pr0cs

Got the same notification, irritated it's with Canada Post, normally it's not a problem but I suspect they won't even bother to try and deliver it at my house but will dump it at a depot meaning likely Thursday before I get to use the new kit.... Sucks

Reg

Banned
Are the currency cards at Target suppose to be 25% off as well? I just picked up $70 worth of cards for $52.50.

Top Bottom