• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

I am in a new building now and I have a feeling the Canada Postal worker doesn't like to deliver packages to the door. The one time I have had something delivered from CP I received a card the next day AFTER it was out for delivery. Basically it was out for delivery the entire day and they didn't even bother to bring it up, instead just leaving a card in the mail 24 hours later.

Really annoying and I'm expecting this to happen with my E3 orders as well.

Anyone have to deal with this?

My building has mail service to the door so there is no box to leave games in. The doors do have a slot that could fit a bubble pack package though. They could just slip a game in.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
>>11PM
>>Tracking page doesn't say shit but that it's been accepted

MDYICqr.gif

i-Jest

Just "won" $50 off of $100 purchase on shop.ca.

Whats the rep of this site?

Their customer service needed some work back when CanuckGAF was ordering PS4 bundles for insanely good prices. I believe they were undermanned back then. They were still learning the ropes when it came to marketing and promotions. RDF and GAF took full advantage of that though.

Ordered DK Tropical Freeze from them during the beginning of the summer. Had no problems.

Moltenix

Just placed an order on the Microsoft Store for the Sunset Overdrive bundle + $50 Xbox Live gift card + Destiny + another $10 gift card for "preordering" Destiny.

All for 399 plus tax. Already received the product key for the $50.

Jagxyz

Just placed an order on the Microsoft Store for the Sunset Overdrive bundle + $50 Xbox Live gift card + Destiny + another $10 gift card for "preordering" Destiny.

Wow, that's an insane bundle.

Do they charge your credit card right away? I am assume yes, since they sent you an email for the $50 credit. Want to get this deal, but want to be able to cancel in case anything better pops up before release.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

link?

iiicon

wow, that's a fantastic deal. I already have a PS4, but Forza Horizon 2 looks so good...

EB just handed these bracelets for people lining up for Destiny!
Wow that's one the biggest crowds I've seen for a new release since I can't remember when!

qYHd9T7.png

Weird that Forza Horizon isn't included too. Suppose beggars can't be choosers.

That would put me over. Still not sure but that's one hell of a deal.

edit: nope still not doing it. They need to have horizon or perhaps Halo remastered in there as it would be a unit just for exclusives anyway.

Rbk_3

I am in a new building now and I have a feeling the Canada Postal worker doesn't like to deliver packages to the door. The one time I have had something delivered from CP I received a card the next day AFTER it was out for delivery. Basically it was out for delivery the entire day and they didn't even bother to bring it up, instead just leaving a card in the mail 24 hours later.

Really annoying and I'm expecting this to happen with my E3 orders as well.

Anyone have to deal with this?

My building has mail service to the door so there is no box to leave games in. The doors do have a slot that could fit a bubble pack package though. They could just slip a game in.

Check the tracking, I didn't get a tag till the next day for Madden, but the tracking said it was available for pick up at the local post office so I went in and picked it up early afternoon.

vinnygambini

I don't know what to do ;.;

PS4 Destiny bundle (449.99$) or Xbox One Sunset Overdrive Bundle + Destiny + 60$ (399.99$)

Gotdam.

Or both wallets am cry

Reveirg

Anyone know if Target/Walmart sell the white dualshock 4 for 49.99$?

Trying to get one and profit from Futureshop/Bestbuy's current deal on DS4s, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Grimsen

Good deal for the sunset overdrive bundle. I've spent too much already with Destiny and the psn cards, so I'll have to hope similar deals happen later on, like with Quantum Break.

Im suuuuuuper tempted to jump on that Xbox deal. But the only things I want to play on Xbone that aren't on PS4 or PC are Sunset and Forza Horizon. Just ain't worth it, I know I'd instantly regret it.

kaiyo

PS4 Destiny bundle (449.99$) or Xbox One Sunset Overdrive Bundle + Destiny + 60$ (399.99$)

Gotdam.

Or both wallets am cry

You have PS+ or XBL right now? What other games are u interested in on each platform? which console are your friends on?

vinnygambini

Im suuuuuuper tempted to jump on that Xbox deal. But the only things I want to play on Xbone that aren't on PS4 or PC are Sunset and Forza Horizon. Just ain't worth it, I know I'd instantly regret it.

I pre-ordered the deal! I might regret it down the line but I also want to play Scalebound and I'm a sucker for Halo! So I have no choice obviously :p

It really is a good deal though I have to admit

vinnygambini

You have PS+ or XBL right now? What other games are u interested in on each platform? which console are your friends on?

I have both, but I'm much more of a Nintendo guy, with the secondary console of choice being Playstation with PS+.

I have an Xbox 360 for my JRPG's, Halo and Gears of War and a PS3 with a bunch load of games, already had a PS4 but sold it for dat white Destiny PS4 bundle.

I might go ahead with the Xbox One bundle and wait for a Black Friday deal for PS4 Destiny white as I have about 250$ worth of Future Shop gift cards or 200$ worth of GameStop credit.

SickBoy

That Xbox deal is madness. I have too much to play right now, but eventually I want to play Quantum Break. I don't think I can justify it right now, just based on my backlog and my desire to not spend $400, but it's fantastic value.

If I didn't get a PS4 at launch, that deal would make me buy an Xbox One.

kaiyo

I have both, but I'm much more of a Nintendo guy, with the secondary console of choice being Playstation with PS+.

I have an Xbox 360 for my JRPG's, Halo and Gears of War

Well, most JRPG are going to be on PS4 this gen. So I guess you have to get both =P.
you're going to get them all anyways right?

edit:
And your Xbone would be mainly a Halo/Gear box

i-Jest

Gotdam.

Or both wallets am cry

Ask yourself this, which one is proving to be the defacto console for the next 4 years? Or you could just break the wallet and buy both. Never tell anyone outside of CanuckGAF. If you do though, they won't understand.

vinnygambini

I've decided to get both, pre-ordered the deal from Microsoft's Store at 399$ too good to pass.

Getting a PS4 in November hoping for a good Black Friday Deal at either EBGames or FutureShop due to gift cards in those stores.

This is going to be such an expensive quarter ;.;

This is our secret Gaf shh

DJ_Lae

GOD DAMN IT.

I'm down two white consoles now. Wasn't going to get a One just yet but maybe that Destiny copy can just be sold and I can use that for Forza Horizon or something.

i-Jest

Just checked, it's legit!

Only problem is, Destiny is the only worthwhile free game, and I'm getting that on PS4. I wish it was any upcoming game.

Good deal for the sunset overdrive bundle. I've spent too much already with Destiny and the psn cards, so I'll have to hope similar deals happen later on, like with Quantum Break.

So tempted to get this now but my current situation won't allow for it, DAMN IT! Oh well.

the3ye

That BB party at Cambie, Vancouver wasn't a party at all. Just a line with some swag + 2xVITA and 2xPS4 lotteries. They had neither Limited nor Ghost edition, not even for people with in-store pre-orders....
I hope my online preorder is safe.

That BB party at Cambie, Vancouver wasn't a party at all. Just a line with some swag + 2xVITA and 2xPS4 lotteries. They had neither Limited nor Ghost edition, not even for people with in-store pre-orders....
I hope my online preorder is safe.

They didn't even have the preorders to fill? That sucks. Cool about the giveaways though. I saw that line (I was at the EB), and there weren't many people, so your odds are pretty decent.

All we got in line at EB were silly plastic wristbands, which i politely declined lol.

the3ye

They didn't even have the preorders to fill? That sucks. Cool about the giveaways though. I saw that line (I was at the EB), and there weren't many people, so your odds are pretty decent.

All we got in line at EB were silly plastic wristbands, which i politely declined lol.
Swag was actually decent. Some rubber bands, tshirts, posters, sun glasses, bottles, small flashlights.

iiicon

I bit on that XBox deal. Between the giftcard and money I'll get back from selling Destiny, I can justify a $299 XBox One + game.

Here's what I got from EB today:

YRbdOH2.png

Besides the wristband :p
Since they couldn't fulfill my Ghost Edition preorder they offered me either a free copy of a Destiny or its value ($70) applied towards Limited Edition, so I chose the LE, had more than $40 of trade in value applied towards my preorder already so the LE was basically paid off!

Around 200 people were lined up at that EB!
A couple cosplayers showed up too

942kmNP.png

Here's what I got from EB today:

YRbdOH2.png

Besides the wristband :p
Since they couldn't fulfill my Ghost Edition preorder they offered me either a free copy of a Destiny or its value ($70) applied towards Limited Edition, so I chose the LE, had more than $40 of trade in value applied towards my preorder already so the LE was basically paid off!

Around 200 people were lined up at that EB!
A couple cosplayers showed up too

942kmNP.png

sq1?

the3ye

Uhh my order item status on BB changed from pre-order to out of stock. Seriously? I ordered it early... Maybe it's because of damaged batch :/

i-Jest

For those that preordered the Destiny PS4 Bundle from Amazon, what does your tracking info or estimated delivery estimate say?

"Delivery estimate: September 18, 2014 - September 24, 2014"

Am I missing something here? Are these things not suppose to ship out today?

Top Bottom