• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

indivisible

Neo Member
For those that preordered the Destiny PS4 Bundle from Amazon, what does your tracking info or estimated delivery estimate say?

"Delivery estimate: September 18, 2014 - September 24, 2014"

Am I missing something here? Are these things not suppose to ship out today?

Iunno if it was amazon or bestbuy but they had a notice saying the bundle might not come on release day.

the3ye

For those that preordered the Destiny PS4 Bundle from Amazon, what does your tracking info or estimated delivery estimate say?

In Transit : On Schedule
Expected delivery:
Tuesday, September 9, 2014, by 8:00pm

How was everyone's midnight launches for Destiny?

My EB Games ended up with over 200 people in line. I was about 6th in line, but after all the Platinum members went in first I wasn't done there until about 12:30am.

I got 2 posters and a wristband as well! And I had the only PS4 Ghost Edition they had, thankfully I was the first person to put a preorder down. They got 1 PS4, 2 X1, 1 PS3 and 1 360.

The Ghost is glorious. It has good weight and is actually quite large.

WGakVa.jpg

Best Buy order of Destiny just got bumped to an expected delivery of September 12th :(. Best Buy's warehouse is literally an hour away from me. How can Canada Post be so shitty?

kurahadol

Best Buy order of Destiny just got bumped to an expected delivery of September 12th :(. Best Buy's warehouse is literally an hour away from me. How can Canada Post be so shitty?
Mine shipped on Friday and is saying it won't be here til the 11th, I've never had this happen with one of my Futureshop pre-orders, they always arrive on the release day. Not very happy atm.

Mine shipped on Friday and is saying it won't be here til the 11th, I've never had this happen with one of my Futureshop pre-orders, they always arrive on the release day. Not very happy atm.

I feel ya :( I'm used to sometimes getting my FS/BBB orders a day after release but 2 or 3 days is ridiculous. I thought the whole point of a pre order was to secure a copy on release day...

the3ye

You SOB! Mine has expected delivery of September 10th :( I wish amazon had a fulfilment center right in Calgary
Well lucky me... But my Ghost Edition is out of stock, and I'm expecting cancelation.
To people who got/expect it from BB, what is your order date?

Jashobeam

The source website has the Playstation Gold Wireless Headset on clearance for $59.99. I have a pair and they are amazing for the price.

Razdek

Banned
Why the hell is my Destiny and NHL order getting shipped from Ontario when I'm in Alberta? Usually my orders ship from BC and I get them in one day but now it's a week. Are you telling me their BC warehouse never got any shipments in because that is a load of shit.

NYR

Why the hell is my Destiny and NHL order getting shipped from Ontario when I'm in Alberta? Usually my orders ship from BC and I get them in one day but now it's a week. Are you telling me their BC warehouse never got any shipments in because that is a load of shit.
Mine shipped from BC and I'm in Calgary.

Looking for some assistance from some fellow Gaffers. I am a new graduate going to have to move out soon and have 10k in debt. This has led me to decide to sell my video game collection to help rid some of it. It will not cover the whole 10k, probably not even half.

What I am looking for is somebody to help me decide what the best way to sell it all off is, whether it be bundle, seperate, on kijiji, on ebay, all that stuff. As well as pricing, I am not too too knowledgable of the prices. It contains around 350 games total across every system.

If anybody is willing to spare some time to help me figure out how much and how to sell this would be great!

kennah

I almost feel bad.

Guy posted on kijiji that he wanted Mario 3d Land for $25. So I buy the digital download that is on sale (doubly so thanks to target), transfer my save game and sell it to the guy for $25. Going to get another eshop card with some of the money.

The guilt? Mario 3d Land is currently $20 at Wal-Mart.

big_z

I got a copy of destiny yesterday and im in alberta. it shipped from bc,
also have a ps4 destiny bundle but its still sitting in bc according to Canada post.

ive had orders come from Ontario before though. I don't know why, maybe they do it when stock runs out or the order went to the wrong warehouse.

Razdek

Banned
Mine shipped from BC and I'm in Calgary.

I got a copy of destiny yesterday and im in alberta. it shipped from bc,
also have a ps4 destiny bundle but its still sitting in bc according to Canada post.

ive had orders come from Ontario before though. I don't know why, maybe they do it when stock runs out or the order went to the wrong warehouse.

Damn it, now I'm even more angry.

My futureshop Destiny order (limited edition) still hasn't shipped yet. Should I be expecting it to be cancelled? I might try walking to Future Shop on my lunch break, but I doubt they have any LE's left.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Both Destiny and NHL 15 came in this morning. BB/FS have been great for delivering preorders on release day.

Banned
If only sunset overdrive was a physical copy. I'd get it with Destiny. Also, I don't buy digital so I don't know what i would do with the $60 in gift cards. Buy another year of live? Lol(already got gold till may 2016).

So only my 2013 E3 copy will get delivered today, the white PS4 is stuck In Transit from Richmond even though the estimated delivery is still today!

Dazzler

dang, 60 bucks from the source for the Gold Headset is a tasty price. Out of stock physically everywhere in the lower mainland

Would like to walk in somewhere and pick it up today

Picked up the Sunset Overdrive XB1 bundle with Destiny from the MS Store. I'm already buying Destiny on PS4, but none of the other games really appealed to me, and I figure it's the one that will hold it's trade in value the most. It also apparently came with another $10 gift card which is pretty cool. Great deal.

Guled

Hey, did anyone else who preorder Destiny online via Bestbuy (and maybe futureshop) not get the pre order bonus, the vanguard thing? Am I out of luck lol

Palehorse

That's the delivery estimate my copy (game only) was showing from Amazon, I figured as I chose the super free shipping it would go by camel delivery or something.

It's now showing as out for delivery in Victoria.

Hey, did anyone else who preorder Destiny online via Bestbuy (and maybe futureshop) not get the pre order bonus, the vanguard thing? Am I out of luck lol

I think it should be packed with the game, are you sure you didn't get that? Or you're just expecting an email?

Hi guys,

The PlayStation Canada "Go Glacier with PlayStation" Contest is now live and open only to residents of Canada. Prizes include four PlayStation 4 Glacier consoles, 1 year PlayStation Plus Memberships and Official Destiny T Shirts.

Thread here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=891680

Thank you man :)

Calgary Gaf:

Anyone here interested in giving this a shot? We can gather up and do something :)
Let me know if anyone is up for it!

Top Bottom