• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Pre-ordered the Sunset Overdrive bundle, awesome deal.

Does anyone know if this ships from within Canada though? I'm a tad worried it will ship from the US and we will get stomped by a hefty duty charge. Also, anyone know what the bundle's release date is?

Guesong

Awesome deal for the Sunset Overdrive bundle.

But damn...I was looking into a PS4 or Xbone to play Destiny, but that bundle only comes out in like 2 months. And I could get a standard default bundle, but I'd just feel dumb.

Blah.

NYR

Well, sold my xbox one. EB games refused to accept my return or for store credit since I traded in games.

Bought it for 329 and sold it for 375. Will get the white one with sunset overdrive. In the end, if I kept it and bought sunset, I would be at $407 with GST. Now I'll get the white bundle and pay $420, so I end up being in the hole only $13. Good news is I got a $15 gift card when I bought a 2nd controller, so only a $2 gain (but I lost 3 games I traded in which I don't place any value on, to be honest, would never play them again).

Damn, my timing worked out great. Just jumped on that Sunset Overdrive bundle and got Destiny. Plan on selling Destiny as I already have it ordered and shipped for PS4. Hoping to get $40 for that.

They already sent me codes for the $50 and $10, so if I sell that copy of Destine, I could net out a $299 Xbox One with Sunset Overdrive. Wow.

Looking for some assistance from some fellow Gaffers. I am a new graduate going to have to move out soon and have 10k in debt. This has led me to decide to sell my video game collection to help rid some of it. It will not cover the whole 10k, probably not even half.

What I am looking for is somebody to help me decide what the best way to sell it all off is, whether it be bundle, seperate, on kijiji, on ebay, all that stuff. As well as pricing, I am not too too knowledgable of the prices. It contains around 350 games total across every system.

If anybody is willing to spare some time to help me figure out how much and how to sell this would be great!

350 games is a lot. You'd probably want to list them all (along with condition: unopened, mint, complete, game only, etc.) and/or take pictures.

Pick out the ones that are worth the most (check eBay and pricecharting) and sell those separately. Bundle the rest.

If you're willing to ship, use eBay: fees and shipping suck but you get a bigger audience and possibly better prices. With Kijiji, be patient because you're going to get lowballed. Alternatively, if you can't wait at all take everything to a retro game store but you're going to get hosed.

350 games is a lot. You'd probably want to list them all (along with condition: unopened, mint, complete, game only, etc.) and/or take pictures.

Pick out the ones that are worth the most (check eBay and pricecharting) and sell those separately. Bundle the rest.

If you're willing to ship, use eBay: fees and shipping suck but you get a bigger audience and possibly better prices. With Kijiji, be patient because you're going to get lowballed. Alternatively, if you can't wait at all take everything to a retro game store but you're going to get hosed.

I wasnt going to list them until somebody was willing to help me. I was going to send the list to somebody who was willing to help. Majority of my collection I believe is going to be over 10 dollars a title excpet xbox 360 and some ps2. Most games can fetch over 10 dollars for sure. Half my nes collection is solid tites. Around 10 SNES games that could go for over 50 each. NES top loader. Lots of stuff that I think will allow me to average over 10 dollars an item

If I can get 4-5k out it I would be very happy.

FrsDvl

Anyone in Alberta Edmonton/Calgary got their Destiny from BestBuy in yet? My tracking hasn't updated since Sunday. Do have expected delivery for today, but it's not looking too good.

flkraven

I'm not going to get Destiny for the XB1 Sunset bundle, since I already have it. So help me out friends, which of these games should I pick:

Ryse
Watch Dogs
Metro Redux

My thoughts are, Ryse is probably the best graphically but will most likely be dirty cheap soonest, I was super hyped for Watch Dogs but haven't played yet (but Ubisoft has a history of quick bombas), and I've never played a Metro game before but I have heard good things and I like that it has both games.

What do I choose?

chrono01

To those that pre-ordered the Sony Wireless Gold Headset [White] from EBGames.ca, has yours shipped yet? The reason I ask is because my order is still sitting at "Confirmed", but I was charged for the item yesterday. Normally EBGames.ca ships the day before, which is why I'm curious as to why I haven't received a shipping confirmation email yet.

I pre-ordered several months ago, but the website is listed as being out-of-stock now. :/

I wasnt going to list them until somebody was willing to help me. I was going to send the list to somebody who was willing to help. Majority of my collection I believe is going to be over 10 dollars a title excpet xbox 360 and some ps2. Most games can fetch over 10 dollars for sure. Half my nes collection is solid tites. Around 10 SNES games that could go for over 50 each. NES top loader. Lots of stuff that I think will allow me to average over 10 dollars an item

If I can get 4-5k out it I would be very happy.

Already looks like you've got an idea of what you have and the value. I'd offer to help but 350 games is a lot and I'm not very familiar with retro pricing. It will be very hard to offload it all at once for 4-5K unless you find someone who is just starting to collect games: most collectors will be looking for a handful of games at most to complete their collection.

I'm not going to get Destiny for the XB1 Sunset bundle, since I already have it. So help me out friends, which of these games should I pick:

Ryse
Watch Dogs
Metro Redux

My thoughts are, Ryse is probably the best graphically but will most likely be dirty cheap soonest, I was super hyped for Watch Dogs but haven't played yet (but Ubisoft has a history of quick bombas), and I've never played a Metro game before but I have heard good things and I like that it has both games.

What do I choose?

Metro is the newest and will probably keep its value; I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryze and Watch Dogs for $20-30 come Boxing Day.

Best Buy is da shit when mailing games. I always get my game the day of release.

Great for you!

However, Best Buy and Futureshop are da shit depending of where you live. I hope to get mine tomorrow even if the date of expected delivery is thursday... Some cities are in zones where it should be shipped on Friday to get it on time but they still ship on Sunday night (and picked by Canada Post on Monday evening).

ohlawd

do we get bonus points if we manage to get Bamelin in for our photoshop group? lol

DR2 CE arrived. I haven't opened it yet but yep this is the same old cheap box NIS uses. Losing Atelier must have dealt a huge blow to their finances.

zroid

Banned
DR2 CE arrived. I haven't opened it yet but yep this is the same old cheap box NIS uses. Losing Atelier must have dealt a huge blow to their finances.

I don't know much about DR but it surprises me a story-heavy game like that can be praised so highly when NISA is behind the localization. Usually their writing is mediocre to cringeworthy. lol

Anyone in Alberta Edmonton/Calgary got their Destiny from BestBuy in yet? My tracking hasn't updated since Sunday. Do have expected delivery for today, but it's not looking too good.

Same thing with BB copy, still marked as In Transit from Richmond since Sunday and that's it, also estimated delivery is today but it's well past that point!
On the other hand I received my 2013 E3 copy from FS this morning which shipped a bit earlier than BB one!

Seems like BB/FS disabled in-store reservation for Destiny! I'm sure they will wiped out before tomorrow!

do we get bonus points if we manage to get Bamelin in for our photoshop group? lol

I just got mine as well. Well... It's better than the last one I guess. But even so, this LE and DR1's LE really pale in comparison to the other Vita LE's I've gotten (Muramasa, and ESPECIALLY Ys Tales of Celceta).

Seems like BB/FS disabled in-store reservation for Destiny! I'm sure they will wiped out before tomorrow!

I went to BB in Dundas Square here in Toronto like... As soon as they opened (I had class from 8AM-10AM and I went over afterward) and PM'd VGP for Destiny so I could get it for the real 'normal' price. They had A LOT of white PS4 Destiny bundles and a lot of copies of Destiny but they were all behind the counter. I really wonder if they're gonna sell out though.

Quadratic

My copy of Destiny from Futureshop has been delivered. Can't wait to get home and experience the lag.

I might swing by a Target on the way home to see if they have anymore PSN cards. Is the price error still happening?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

Ryse
Watch Dogs
Metro Redux

What do I choose?

Metro is a fantastic series my friend. Ryse will be cheap soon enough as will any multi platform Ubisoft game. Might as well try out two excellent grungy shooters.

ohlawd

I don't know much about DR but it surprises me a story-heavy game like that can be praised so highly when NISA is behind the localization. Usually their writing is mediocre to cringeworthy. lol

their work on DR1 was alright. the script written by the Japanese was probably cringe worthy from the start so NIS just had to make do.

I just got mine as well. Well... It's better than the last one I guess. But even so, this LE and DR1's LE really pale in comparison to the other Vita LE's I've gotten (Muramasa, and ESPECIALLY Ys Tales of Celceta).

XSEED did Ys tho. *hugs silver edition Ys: MoC*

smell that pocketbook breh. It smells like adevnture.

Fucking Canada Post. They "attempted" to deliver Destiny today. Lately BB and FS have been sending games out in cardboard shipping, so Canada Post for some reason feels it won't fit in the big mail compartment and it also won't fit at my house's mailbox. It does fit in the big compartment and it would fit in my house's mailbox, they are just lazy. Well today, Canada Post decided to deliver 3 hours earlier than usual, and they said they "attempted" to deliver Destiny. They didn't leave a note at either my house or the mailbox. My brother was also expected Destiny and NHL, and he got the same thing (we live in the same house).

Fucking Canada Post. They "attempted" to deliver Destiny today. Lately BB and FS have been sending games out in cardboard shipping, so Canada Post for some reason feels it won't fit in the big mail compartment and it also won't fit at my house's mailbox. It does fit in the big compartment and it would fit in my house's mailbox, they are just lazy. Well today, Canada Post decided to deliver 3 hours earlier than usual, and they said they "attempted" to deliver Destiny. They didn't leave a note at either my house or the mailbox. My brother was also expected Destiny and NHL, and he got the same thing (we live in the same house).

I was shocked they brought NHL to my door in my apartment building. It's weird that my Captain America that is also supposed to come today isn't even out for delivery yet.

Chatin

This is what I got with Layton vs Wright a couple of weeks ago and am expecting, today. Having to go pick it up at the post office tomorrow because they can't be bothered to put it in my mailbox.

I was shocked they brought NHL to my door in my apartment building. It's weird that my Captain America that is also supposed to come today isn't even out for delivery yet.

Going by the rules they have on their website, they should be delivering my games to my house if it doesn't fit in the community mailbox. My house is within 200m of the community mailbox, and they say they will deliver up to 500m.

Any other game except for this and Smash Bros. I would be fine. The workers just don't seem to want to do their job as they were too lazy to write the note so I can pick my package up.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Well shit Destiny from the Xbox One deal has already shipped. Dayum. Going to put it on sale through Kijiji hopefully get 60$ for it

terrible

Banned
How is it that shop.ca manages to get me my NHL 15 copy on release day while BB/FF and Amazon never get me my stuff on release day? I must admit I was expecting it to come a week late lol. That was my first time ordering anything from shop.ca but I figured they'd be slow.

Dazzler

FS are brilliant for shipping on release day if you live in Vancouver

Once in three years of ordering from them have I not got the game on release day, that's pretty solid success

NYR

Damn it. Anyone else's Xbox One ordered back ordered from the link posted yesterday?

Check your order status....

Kyolux

Any deals on Destiny anywhere? Or I'm stuck with the $70 price since I had cancelled my e3 pre-order because I thought I wasn't going to get it.

suikodan

Any deals on Destiny anywhere? Or I'm stuck with the $70 price since I had cancelled my e3 pre-order because I thought I wasn't going to get it.

Best bet now is to buy it digitally with PSN cards currently on "sale" at Target. Last Friday they've been 25% off but I don't know if that got corrected.

I bought the Destiny 100$ edition for 75$ so lesser editions should be cheaper as well.

Kyolux

Best bet now is to buy it digitally with PSN cards currently on "sale" at Target. Last Friday they've been 25% off but I don't know if that got corrected.

I bought the Destiny 100$ edition for 75$ so lesser editions should be cheaper as well.

I'd rather get physical. Oh well. Thanks for the reply.

My bandwidth usage is already half spent for this month because of netflix and we're only the 9th. (I get 250gigs/month)

kaiyo

I'd rather get physical. Oh well. Thanks for the reply.

My bandwidth usage is already half spent for this month because of netflix and we're only the 9th. (I get 250gigs/month)

www.shop.ca?

Use coupon, 25off75 (just have to find a filler and then cancel the filler item)
https://www.facebook.com/SHOPdotCA?sk=app_214072865290432&app_data=submitted-1

you can try also try to stack with cashback website like www.greatcanadianrebates.ca (though they say there's no cashback on video games, but no harm in trying anyways)

ahdurian

so I'm getting the OG Edition of Destiny today (apparently my step-dad received it when they delivered it)...but I'm guessing there's no chance to get a LE Edition now (other than Ebay/Kijiji/etc)?

Canada Post actually did try to deliver my package and my brother's two... to someone else's house. The three slips have the right address on them, and Canada Post has always found my house before. The three slips say "No answer" which makes sense as the other people probably weren't home. Now they say that my package won't be available for pick-up until 1 p.m. tomorrow... is there any way to get it today?

Canada Post actually did try to deliver my package and my brother's two... to someone else's house. The three slips have the right address on them, and Canada Post has always found my house before. The three slips say "No answer" which makes sense as the other people probably weren't home. Now they say that my package won't be available for pick-up until 1 p.m. tomorrow... is there any way to get it today?

Mine is always there by 6:00 on the same day when it says that. It's just that they might have to search for it a bit.

Top Bottom