• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

It is a Canada Post outlet thingy inside of a variety store. Will they lie to me if I call them on the phone?

Yea in a pharmacy. They might tell you to wait to tomorrow on the phone since it's easier to turn down a client on the phone than in the store when they know it's right there. If it's close to you I would just show up later tonight. I usually go around 6:30 to be sure that the trucks had time to bring it there at the end of their shift.

Hey guys, mostly a lurker. Anyone know if there is any chance of finding a white ps4 bundle? I am in Calgary if that helps. Seems most websites aren't even showing stock. I completely undershot how popular this would be.

Yea in a pharmacy. They might tell you to wait to tomorrow on the phone since it's easier to turn down a client on the phone than in the store when they know it's right there. If it's close to you I would just show up later tonight. I usually go around 6:30 to be sure that the trucks had time to bring it there at the end of their shift.

Yeah, I figured they would probably lie or not as helpful over the phone due to the nature of the situation. They are open until 10, so I figure around 8:30 or 9 would be a good time to go. My package was sent out for delivery around 9 a.m., so 12 hours should be more than enough.

mdubs

Banned
I'm not going to get Destiny for the XB1 Sunset bundle, since I already have it. So help me out friends, which of these games should I pick:

Ryse
Watch Dogs
Metro Redux

My thoughts are, Ryse is probably the best graphically but will most likely be dirty cheap soonest, I was super hyped for Watch Dogs but haven't played yet (but Ubisoft has a history of quick bombas), and I've never played a Metro game before but I have heard good things and I like that it has both games.

What do I choose?

Get NHL and flip it while it's in demand

flippeh

To those that pre-ordered the Sony Wireless Gold Headset [White] from EBGames.ca, has yours shipped yet? The reason I ask is because my order is still sitting at "Confirmed", but I was charged for the item yesterday. Normally EBGames.ca ships the day before, which is why I'm curious as to why I haven't received a shipping confirmation email yet.

I pre-ordered several months ago, but the website is listed as being out-of-stock now. :/

I actually phoned Ebgames.ca this morning since I had questions about my Destiny preorder not shipping and some odd billing issues on their website. It sounds like when EBGames/Gamestop moved over to the "new" site for Canada the transition of all the old order data for stuff like order numbers, billing info, delivery vs. billing address etc. to the new system was not exactly seamless so it has created a mess in their backend. He said they where sorting it out though, so who knows. Annoying that I'm seeing three auths on my credit card now though for one flipping game.

After this experience, I don't believe I'll be doing any online purchases through them in the future.

Moltenix

Picked up $100 ($50x2) in eShop cards from the Sunridge Target in Calgary today. They've still got some $20 and $50 cards left.

I can't decide if I want to spend some of the credit now or wait for some sales for additional savings. Kinda want to play Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright.

chrono01

I actually phoned Ebgames.ca this morning since I had questions about my Destiny preorder not shipping and some odd billing issues on their website. It sounds like when EBGames/Gamestop moved over to the "new" site for Canada the transition of all the old order data for stuff like order numbers, billing info, delivery vs. billing address etc. to the new system was not exactly seamless so it has created a mess in their backend. He said they where sorting it out though, so who knows. Annoying that I'm seeing three auths on my credit card now though for one flipping game.

After this experience, I don't believe I'll be doing any online purchases through them in the future.
Thanks for the reply.

I sent them an email a while ago, nothing from them yet. I'll update here once they respond [hopefully today -_-].

Ok anyone willing to team up for the Playstation Destiny contest? Please PM me if interested, hopefully someone with some photo editing experience!

IndustryX

Futureshop Destiny shipped out on the 7th and today it ends up in Prince George from Richmond? I'm In Calgary and the estimated delivery is the 12th wtf, future shop fucked up! Gonna have to go to the store and then return the copy once I get it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Buy it from a store and return your shipped copy to the store.
You know what, I usually don't do this, but I think I might this time. I'll still get all the day one Vanguard stuff in the disc right? I guess it's all in the first run of copies?

BTW, what platform are on you on Cudder?

You know what, I usually don't do this, but I think I might this time. I'll still get all the day one Vanguard stuff in the disc right? I guess it's all in the first run of copies?

BTW, what platform are on you on Cudder?

Yeah it's packed inside the case, seems like all first print gets it!

J-Man

I received notice from Amazon that my copy of NHL15 is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, which is nice, because on early Monday when I checked it stated the estimated delivery was Sep 18th at the earliest and I've read a bunch of horror stories in this very thread.

i-Jest

I'm considering the Xbox One Sunset Overdrive bundle. How would I cancel a preorder? Not very familiar with the MS Store site.

Chatin

So if I return my shipped copy of Destiny, will they make a fuss over whether I bring back this poster and stuff at FS?

Destiny delivery date bumped to September 12th. Best Buy's warehouse is literally an hour away but Canada Post is just aimlessly bouncing my copy around Ontario. Fuck you Canada Post.

NYR

Just placed an order on the Microsoft Store for the Sunset Overdrive bundle + $50 Xbox Live gift card + Destiny + another $10 gift card for "preordering" Destiny.

All for 399 plus tax. Already received the product key for the $50.
Looks like the deal is dead for the Sunset Overdrive and CoD bundles.

Xenoflare

Did the Dualshock 3 got revised? The new one I have actually feels cheap and the analog stick as a stronger resistance, the shoulder buttons are mushy.

The model number as an A2 on it, which my old one doesn't have.

Might want to return this if that's the case.....

Banned
I just got a French copy of Destiny with my white PS4 and I'm in Ontario. Wtf?
aKWu9n3.jpg

QhDQaG0.jpg

Yaranaika

Amazon hasn't even shipped my Destiny yet. I pre-ordered it at the start of the e3 deal so it was only about $30 after-tax.
They did the same thing to me with the $280 xbox one from the same order, they held it all week and shipped it Friday.
They hate me, but it's understandable.

Got my copy of Destiny in my mailbox when I got home. There were some sales so I grabbed a blue and white ds4 also for $49 each. I now have 5 ds4's......what am I doing. And I have a camo one order.

Luckily my copy of NHL15 didn't show so I won't be returning it until thursday :)

Banned
Lol, and my FS copy I got in the mail is English as only, and I'm in Quebec.

Companies just don't give a fuck.
Lol. So do I even open it or try to take just the game back to eb games? I'm sure there is an English track on it but as a collector, having a French Destiny next to a bunch of English games bothers me lol.

MesH

Anyone in Alberta Edmonton/Calgary got their Destiny from BestBuy in yet? My tracking hasn't updated since Sunday. Do have expected delivery for today, but it's not looking too good.

Have Destiny and NHL15 coming from Best Buy, just got my first update and NHL has been processed in Edmonton but still no update for Destiny since it Shipped on Sunday. The weird thing is Destiny shipped earlier in the day on Sunday before NHL and still nothing, so frustrating. Also have a copy of Destiny coming from Amazon that I forgot to cancel and it is suppose to arrive tomorrow aswell, got it for 49.99 so just going to return that to best buy instead of shipping back to Amazon. I also live in Edmonton.

Megasoum

Banned
Lol. So do I even open it or try to take just the game back to eb games? I'm sure there is an English track on it but as a collector, having a French Destiny next to a bunch of English games bothers me lol.

Actually not so sure there's an English track on it...

Same deal, had mine ordered from FS from last years E3 deal. Checked tracking and it sat in Mississuga all day. Probably will get it tomorrow at the soonest.

Top Bottom