• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I stopped at STC Best Buy today and returned the PS4 copy of NHL 15. While I was there I thought I'd pick up a white DS4. I looked everywhere on the floor and they were nowhere in sight so I asked the CS rep to check the computer for stock and he said they had 21 in stock. He then called the guy from the gaming department to go find them and the first thing he said was "if they're not on the floor then they're not in stock". I smiled and told him to go look in the back. A couple of minutes later he came out with a box full of them and looked a bit upset I made him do some work.

chrono01

EBGames.ca charged me on the 8th for the Sony Gold [White] Wireless Headset.
I paid extra for Express shipping, which came to over $116.
It's now the 10th, no shipment email.
Two emails to customer service sent [both today and yesterday] and not a single reply.

Issues or not with the site, they really need to improve on their customer service skills. I think I might be done with them. Honestly I already would be, but the headset was an "EB Games Exclusive" so I had little choice. :/

Sora_N

EBGames.ca charged me on the 8th for the Sony Gold [White] Wireless Headset.
I paid extra for Express shipping, which came to over $116.
It's now the 10th, no shipment email.
Two emails to customer service sent [both today and yesterday] and not a single reply.

Issues or not with the site, they really need to improve on their customer service skills. I think I might be done with them. Honestly I already would be, but the headset was an "EB Games Exclusive" so I had little choice. :/

You should call them. They're pretty helpful over the phone.

chrono01

You should call them. They're pretty helpful over the phone.
Yeah, I'll give it past today but if I don't hear anything by tomorrow I definitely will.

I normally don't enjoy calling customer service, since it's so much easier [and faster] to send an email, but if I need to I will.

Yeah, I'll give it past today but if I don't hear anything by tomorrow I definitely will.

I normally don't enjoy calling customer service, since it's so much easier [and faster] to send an email, but if I need to I will.

Try buying one in-store and cancel that order and save the "express" shipping fees!

chrono01

Try buying one in-store and cancel that order and save the "express" shipping fees!
I might do this as well, considering their response.

It's not so much the money on Express shipping spent that bothers me, it's the delay in having the item sent out [especially after being charged for it days ago]. It's strange, I've never had problems with them since the site redesign.

Ryde3

Anyone here in Toronto who wants to go to X14? I have a couple spare tickets that I'd rather not waste.
It's free.

Hey man I'd LOVE to get a ticket, I work just down the street and I'm off in a few minutes. Been spamming Twitter trying to get one and no luck lol, let me know dude! Thanks!

I might do this as well, considering their response.

It's not so much the money on Express shipping spent that bothers me, it's the delay in having the item sent out [especially after being charged for it days ago]. It's strange, I've never had problems with them since the site redesign.

Honestly I'd call it site screw up! Since they did that I can't change my payment/address info and somehow they switched everything to my old address I had before on my account!
Also I nee to cancel an order and this option doesn't show up, sent them an email to cancel that preorder a few days ago and no response!

I picked my white headset at midnight launch, was glad they didn't run out of them before I get mine!

L3E2

Sorry if this has been asked plenty of times already, I don't have the browse gaf like I used to, but does anyone know if there are Sony brand ps4 wireless headphones or equivalent on sale anywhere?

I really dislike this cheap headset the console came with and none of my cell phone headphones work properly with my controller. I feel like I'm not playing destiny to its fullest haha.

I'm in Calgary too if that helps.

koopas

Sorry if this has been asked plenty of times already, I don't have the browse gaf like I used to, but does anyone know if there are Sony brand ps4 wireless headphones or equivalent on sale anywhere?

I really dislike this cheap headset the console came with and none of my cell phone headphones work properly with my controller. I feel like I'm not playing destiny to its fullest haha.

The Sony golds (black colour) are 25.00 dollars off at target right now. YMMV

Lexxism

It is currently $60 at thesource.

L3E2

The Sony golds (black colour) are 25.00 dollars off at target right now. YMMV

Doesn't seem as tempting after seeing the deal at thesource and I tend the find targets here picked clean all the time.

It is currently $60 at thesource.

Just got off the phone with the closest location to me and they sold the last pair earlier today. Thanks though!

L3E2

Actually I see them on sale at futureshop for $70 and they're available to order online. I just realized that I have a gift card for $70 from the last trade in promotion, so I might as well just use it towards that.

What is the general consensus on them? Are they worth that much money? Also, can I use them on other devices like my phone/ipod to listen to music? Or do they only work with the ps4?

Actually I see them on sale at futureshop for $70 and they're available to order online. I just realized that I have a gift card for $70 from the last trade in promotion, so I might as well just use it towards that.

What is the general consensus on them? Are they worth that much money? Also, can I use them on other devices like my phone/ipod to listen to music? Or do they only work with the ps4?

They work wirelessly with PS3, PS4 and PC! They also connect using 3.5mm cable to any other device Vita, iPod, anything!
They're definitely good ones for the price range!

mr_ectomy

Neo Member
Is anyone else missing the $10 PSN voucher that was supposed to be included in the Glacier White Destiny PS4 bundle? I preordered mine on June 10 from Amazon but alas there was no voucher (or Music Unlimited trial, for that matter).

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I stopped at STC Best Buy today and returned the PS4 copy of NHL 15. While I was there I thought I'd pick up a white DS4. I looked everywhere on the floor and they were nowhere in sight so I asked the CS rep to check the computer for stock and he said they had 21 in stock. He then called the guy from the gaming department to go find them and the first thing he said was "if they're not on the floor then they're not in stock". I smiled and told him to go look in the back. A couple of minutes later he came out with a box full of them and looked a bit upset I made him do some work.
Ooooh, thanks for the heads up. I'll stop by STC before work tomorrow and pick one up.

Is anyone else missing the $10 PSN voucher that was supposed to be included in the Glacier White Destiny PS4 bundle? I preordered mine on June 10 from Amazon but alas there was no voucher (or Music Unlimited trial, for that matter).

They're not supposed to have $10 vouchers in them!
On the other hand my Destiny White PS4 came with the game in a French case but I found another English cover in the box, I bought it from BB!
Here's a pic of the game and the extra cover!

mk3F3wY.png

i-Jest

I think Sony chose not to add the voucher leading up to release. There are accounts of people seeing it offered when the bundle went up for preorder months ago. Now it's not mentioned on both Sony and any retailer website.

Don't know anything about the Music Unlimited trial being offered.

the3ye

I think Sony chose not to add the voucher leading up to release. There are accounts of people seeing it offered when the bundle went up for preorder months ago. Now it's not mentioned on both Sony and any retailer website.

First vertical stand, then $10 voucher... The latter was still listed like a week ago.

I've been lurking in this thread for the last month or more, and took advantage of a couple of the sales that were posted here (and RFD). Thanks for the heads-up.

A couple days ago, I got some cards from Target, and pricematched Best Buy for a Glacier White DualShock 4 from Walmart. It was nice to get it for $49.99, as opposed to $64.99.

The thing is beautiful. However, all eight controllers I looked at had some black-ish dust inside of their packaging. I have OCD, and want everything to be perfectly clean, so that bugs me. I guess I'll have to wipe the thing down with alcohol when I open it.

mr_ectomy

Neo Member

They're not supposed to have $10 vouchers in them!
On the other hand my Destiny White PS4 came with the game in a French case but I found another English cover in the box, I bought it from BB!
Here's a pic of the game and the extra cover!

Yeah the voucher was definitely still up on the Amazon description last week, and it is still showing on NCIX and Costco. I know it's only $10, but it feels like a bait-and-switch! I've contacted both Amazon and Sony CSRs to see what the options are.

SSReborn

Yeah the voucher was definitely still up on the Amazon description last week, and it is still showing on NCIX and Costco. I know it's only $10, but it feels like a bait-and-switch! I've contacted both Amazon and Sony CSRs to see what the options are.

nvm read wrong.

Amazon Stuff:

TLoU Remastered $40 http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00JQ8UWZ0/
/QUOTE]

Oh wtf...

I'm starting to think my picks for the BB e3 preorder aren't going to pan out...

TLoU they screwed me on since they wouldn't price match Target
Destiny I got a deal on thus far
NHL 15 is shite

You have a whole month to find the best deal then return the sealed copy to BB and get a refund!
Basically that's what I do since they will never PM for E3 orders! Screw them!

Anyone else still not get their Destiny preorder or do i just suck? Definitely NEVER ordering something from Best Buy again and i encourage you all to do the same. I mean... unless they have a badass pre-order deal next year. Then I'll cave. But fuck you Best Buy.

Anyone else still not get their Destiny preorder or do i just suck? Definitely NEVER ordering something from Best Buy again and i encourage you all to do the same. I mean... unless they have a badass pre-order deal next year. Then I'll cave. But fuck you Best Buy.

You might be just unlucky with this shipment and it's usually just a hiccup, other than that they are pretty consistent with most people! Maybe you heard this a hundred times but you can just grab a copy in-story then return the online copy when it's delivered with the in-store receipt!

baconcow

Mine just arrived in the mail, today.

Best Buy is usually great for me

AMAZON, on the other hand...I'm still waiting for mine. I mean, I bought one at EB on launch so I can do the ol' swaperoo, but if I was actually waiting on Amazon for delivery I'd be right pissed.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Received my PS4 Destiny Bundle - alas the game is nowhere to be found ;.;

I'm going to contact Amazon Customer Support to see what they can do :(

pr0cs

Received my PS4 Destiny Bundle - alas the game is nowhere to be found ;.;

I'm going to contact Amazon Customer Support to see what they can do :(

that's really odd, it was just under the console itself in a cardboard tray holder, pretty wacky that it would be missing

Top Bottom