• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

I guess it's too late to call and ask tonight. I will get up at 2:45 and see what is up.

What has happened in previous years with Best Buy?

Edit: Apparently you need to preorder in store tomorrow morning.

I always went with Apple online store, be exactly on time, score your phone within the first 10-20 minutes and pray that UPS don't screw things up!

wtf, they sell Visio TVs at Futureshop now? My 7 year old Samsung is quickly dying and I think a 60-inch Visio E-series will be it's replacement unless there's a better buy for less than $1000.

Does anyone have Rogers Internet here?

We just recently changed ISPs and this is my first night on the connection and I can't help but notice the sudden drop in speed. I was doing great streaming HD shows on my PS3 earlier this evening and then suddenly youtube won't even load properly....

What's everyone else's experience with Rogers?

-Deimos

We just recently changed ISPs and this is my first night on the connection and I can't help but notice the sudden drop in speed. I was doing great streaming HD shows on my PS3 earlier this evening and then suddenly youtube won't even load properly....

Working fine here.

Does anyone think Hyrule Warriors will drop below $45.50 before boxing day? I have it pre-ordered for that, but I won't be able to play it until the end of December. I also am wondering the same for Fantasy Life and if it is likely to drop below $28 before boxing day.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Does anyone think Hyrule Warriors will drop below $45.50 before boxing day? I have it pre-ordered for that, but I won't be able to play it until the end of December. I also am wondering the same for Fantasy Life and if it is likely to drop below $28 before boxing day.

Honestly I doubt it. I believe all Canadian retailers (at least here in Winnipeg) have it @ $64.99 and isn't it technically a first party title (I know it's not being made by Nintendo, but they are publishing, right?) Those rarely drop in price. You'd probably be better off keeping that pre-order

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly I doubt it. I believe all Canadian retailers (at least here in Winnipeg) have it @ $64.99 and isn't it technically a first party title (I know it's not being made by Nintendo, but they are publishing, right?) Those rarely drop in price. You'd probably be better off keeping that pre-order
I don't know if that's the case any more, although maybe a lot of the more recent sales have been a result of Target clearing out stock more than anything.

Stage On

I'm debating holding out as well. It used to be that Nintendo games didn't go on sale much but for some reason Wii u titles seem to go on sale often enough. I got Mario 3d world last boxing day for $40 so I wouldn't be surprised if Hyrule Warrior's went that low as well.

But then you'd be missing out on the club Nintendo exclusive skin not to mention the preorder skin from the retailer you bought from :(

Fantasy life is 100% not going to be cheaper however. Most sites have it at $45 base price so the most it'll likely go on sale for is $35, maybe $30 if people get lucky. Getting it for $28 is a steal

I'm debating holding out as well. It used to be that Nintendo games didn't go on sale much but for some reason Wii u titles seem to go on sale often enough. I got Mario 3d world last boxing day for $40 so I wouldn't be surprised if Hyrule Warrior's went that low as well.

But then you'd be missing out on the club Nintendo exclusive skin not to mention the preorder skin from the retailer you bought from :(

Fantasy life is 100% not going to be cheaper however. Most sites have it at $45 base price so the most it'll likely go on sale for is $35, maybe $30 if people get lucky. Getting it for $28 is a steal

I am mostly debating Hyrule Warriors because I am getting Smash for $40 while Hyrule Warriors is $45 (both without tax). And since I am not even going to even open it until after the CN skin deal is gone, they don't matter.

ElNino

I have issues sometimes with YouTube specifically on Rogers... don't know if it is a Rogers issue or YouTube though. I can be streaming Super HD Netflix no problem, while a simple non-HD YouTube video will randomly have lots of problems.

RS4-

Vizio in Canada is a great thing. Now to wait for that Wirecutter recommended sound bar of theirs to hit a sale.

Yeah, I'm glad Vizio is finally at a real store and not at those fucks at Tigerdirect.

Now I don't have to worry about buying one at Bestbuy US.

ElNino

Are they solid or a budget brand?
They are more of a budget brand, but they have been making much better TVs lately. That is my understanding at least.

They are similar to Samsung of a decade ago, trying to make their name by making lower price products with high-end specs.

BadWolf

They are more of a budget brand, but they have been making much better TVs lately. That is my understanding at least.

They are similar to Samsung of a decade ago, trying to make their name by making lower price products with high-end specs.

Ah, thanks :)

No_Style

Are they solid or a budget brand?

They started out as a budget brand but as ElNino said, they've begun making better products over the past several years. They're now known as a price/performance brand with minimal fluff/luxury. They're also a U.S company in a space dominated by Asian brands which is quite something.

Their most recent HDTVs have been well received by CNet:
E-Series: http://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-e550i-b2/
M-Series: http://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-m602i-b3/

And their soundbars have also received similar praise:
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-budget-soundbar/

I can't believe Apple Retail stores don't accept returns from Apple.ca.

That's fucking stupid, considering how big of a company they are...

BadWolf

They started out as a budget brand but as ElNino said, they've begun making better products over the past several years. They're now known as a price/performance brand with minimal fluff/luxury. They're also a U.S company in a space dominated by Asian brands which is quite something.

Their most recent HDTVs have been well received by CNet:
E-Series: http://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-e550i-b2/
M-Series: http://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-m602i-b3/

And their soundbars have also received similar praise:
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-budget-soundbar/

Very interesting, that sound bar in particular is tempting.

Shipping Age: Theatrythm still not charged. By this time last week my orders were charged. Still has a date of 12/31/2014 as well. I'm sure they will correct their shit.

Drakengard 3 is finally down to 29.99$ new at a few places. However, with the reviews I read, 20$ is around the price I wanted to pay. I wonder if I should bite... Looks like some stores are not restocking this anymore. Wish I did not miss out by one hour on that BestBuy price error for WWE, I would have 20$ off coupon!

vvise

So pumped about this FutureShop Vizio deal. I bought a 47" refurb from Tiger many years ago back when they were still a gamble. Worked out awesome, I still have it and love it.

I've been looking into importing the 70" E-Series for a few weeks from the US. No need now, I'll be ordering one with FS on Monday.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Shipping Age: Theatrythm still not charged. By this time last week my orders were charged. Still has a date of 12/31/2014 as well. I'm sure they will correct their shit.
Time to contact support (again).

I can't believe Apple Retail stores don't accept returns from Apple.ca.

That's fucking stupid, considering how big of a company they are...

Yeah, I had this issue last year. US Apple Stores can, but Canadian ones can't. A manager told me the reason, but I forget now.

That said, I had good luck with them helping me setup the return at the store and even mail it back to Apple (at no charge).

Exr

Don't know if it should be here or in the buy/sell thread but I want to keep it local. If anybody is interested in buying a mint copy of Final Fight Revenge and you live in Vancouver/Burnaby/Surrey/Richmond shoot me a PM.

Joeku

So, I don't know if you guys know this, but Dollarama has video games. EDIT: Pretty much just Ontarians?

I just bought a dual pack of PC Syndicate and Alpha Protocol for $3. Neither are Steam, but still!

Also got a pack of some PS2 Scooby-Doo game I'll give to my library and that CAPCOM Harvey Birdman pseudo Ace Attorney game.

Lizardus

I've never pre-ordered from EBgames before. Can I pre-order online to go pick it up in store or does it only deliver? Can I call them to place an order?

Also, what are the chances of Best Buy getting the MH4U CE?

I've never pre-ordered from EBgames before. Can I pre-order online to go pick it up in store or does it only deliver? Can I call them to place an order?

Also, what are the chances of Best Buy getting the MH4U CE?

They only ship to your address, no in-store pick up!

BB: 50% lol

Top Bottom