• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Did it look like the package had been tampered with?

I'm not sure. The UPS box was sealed. Though it didn't have the white sticker like Xbox consoles have that seals the package. I know Nintendo don't have them but I don't know if Sony does?

I'm going to call them after as I have to go to my class.

I'm not sure. The UPS box was sealed. Though it didn't have the white sticker like Xbox consoles have that seals the package. I know Nintendo don't have them but I don't know if Sony does?

I think Sony ones usually have clear circle stickers on the box?

You might be just unlucky with this shipment and it's usually just a hiccup, other than that they are pretty consistent with most people! Maybe you heard this a hundred times but you can just grab a copy in-story then return the online copy when it's delivered with the in-store receipt!

I would but it's the LE :( impossible to find in stores around here sadly. I'm thinking that Canada Post is more likely to blame though.

DJ_Lae

My Destiny bundle only had one clear plastic sticker, if I remember correctly, on one side of the thin outer cardboard. Thicker inner box had nothing.

Contacted Amazon about the French disc, can't complain about their response - full replacement when stock comes in or 20% off the order price. I'll take the latter, thanks.

edit - $94.49 back, Amazon rocks.

I'm not really surprised! Mine from BB had an extra English cover inside the box to replace the French one that came with the sealed copy, so basically the box must have been opened but still it had that circle sticker which isn't hard to remove and put back!
So if Amazon were trying to replace the French copy or anything like that, it's not impossible that they forgot to put your copy back!

PSA - the Sony Gold are $64.95 on Amazon.ca right now. I already have a pair of Pulse Elites, but I couldn't resist at that price for an extra pair of decent wireless cans for gaming. Plus I can use them whenever my Pulses need recharging (which is far too often)

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00I03ORDU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=15121&creative=390961&creativeASIN=B00I03ORDU&linkCode=as2&tag=gamed0e-20

Thanks to GameDealsCanada on Twitter for the tip!

Does anyone know if these Gold headphones are any better than the last version of Sony's $99 set? I can't remember what they were called, specifically.

chrono01

I received my shipping notice for my Sony Gold Wireless Headset [White] today from EBGames [after being changed on the 8th]. Still no reply from them regarding my emails, but at least they're on their way now.

ahdurian

man....the PS4 Destiny Ghost Editions are back in stock at BB, but I don't know what I'd do with my regular copy since I already opened it.
Would BB give me a refund on it?

Does anyone know if these Gold headphones are any better than the last version of Sony's $99 set? I can't remember what they were called, specifically.

Depends. These are the OG's and I believe that the Gold have superior sound to them:
sony-playstation-ps3-wireless-stereo-headset.jpg

These are the Pulse Elites (which I have) - they are, far and away, the best sounding of all of the PS branded wireless headsets. The only caveat is that the battery life is not great:
sony-playstation-pulse-wireless-stereo-headset-3-600x600_1.jpg

what's the battery life like on the golds?

I took the plunge on them at 70 bucks, hoping I won't have to charge every two days

You will probably need to charge them every couple days, I just hook it up to the PS4 when I'm done, this way I'm sure it won't run out next session! That's the good thing about PS4 being in standby, charging stuff easily!

Dazzler

You will probably need to charge them every couple days, I just hook it up to the PS4 when I'm done, this way I'm sure it won't run out next session! That's the good thing about PS4 being in standby, charging stuff easily!

I turned off standby charging, my PS4 was making this really annoying whistling sound when it was enabled. As soon as I turned off standby charging, I didn't get the noise anymore

Seems to affect a lot of users, here's more people talking about it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67894685

http://community.eu.playstation.com...tion-making-light-buzzing-noise/td-p/20230171

I turned off standby charging, my PS4 was making this really annoying whistling sound when it was enabled. As soon as I turned off standby charging, I didn't get the noise anymore

Seems to affect a lot of users, here's more people talking about it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67894685

http://community.eu.playstation.com...tion-making-light-buzzing-noise/td-p/20230171

Never had this problem really! I have the DS4 charging station which is necessary imo considering the DS4 battery life so I basically use the PS4 for the Gold headset and my other Bluetooth one!

Liberty4all

Banned
Depends. These are the OG's and I believe that the Gold have superior sound to them:
sony-playstation-ps3-wireless-stereo-headset.jpg

I have the OG and Gold and can confirm the sound quality on the Golds are noticeably better. Also worth noting is that on the PS4, OG's and Golds can be used at the same time as long as the OGs are turned on first. Very useful for video/bluray/netflix/local mp.

zroid

Banned
The "release date" still hasn't changed

Q3YG7gm.png

But the SKU has (it didn't say limited edition before). Seems like there's no need to worry.

FYI the release date on the product page is given as 9/16

f0ofhyf.png

Jinto

But the SKU has (it didn't say limited edition before). Seems like there's no need to worry.

Yeah, mine was changed to limited edition as well. I guess it comes with the Remix Selections Music CD. A nice little bonus.

khaaan

I love and hate the OG headset so much.

Actually, I mostly just hate it. It looks and feels great, and I was completely happy with the sound quality but it drops its connection so damn much. I hope there are some good deals this holiday.

Quick side question for you guys, as far is Nintendo is concerned how many of you are from Alberta? I've never put much thought to it but at the back of my mind I'm always worried that one day Nintendo will be like "Why is this guy from Alberta still using a billing address from a different province?"

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I love and hate the OG headset so much.

Actually, I mostly just hate it. It looks and feels great, and I was completely happy with the sound quality but it drops its connection so damn much. I hope there are some good deals this holiday.

Quick side question for you guys, as far is Nintendo is concerned how many of you are from Alberta? I've never put much thought to it but at the back of my mind I'm always worried that one day Nintendo will be like "Why is this guy from Alberta still using a billing address from a different province?"
I'm not a lying tax evader.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just saw someone pick up $1000 in eshop cards. Not exact but that's what it looked like in his hand.

Which means he saved $250 (plus an additional 10% back from digital deluxe promo). Hopefully not a scalper.

I limited myself to $200, mostly for digital Bayonetta 1+2.

flippeh

I received my shipping notice for my Sony Gold Wireless Headset [White] today from EBGames [after being changed on the 8th]. Still no reply from them regarding my emails, but at least they're on their way now.

I feel ya, a pretty crappy ecommerce experience overall. My copy of Destiny turned up today from EBGames after getting a Purolator tracking number yesterday.

Got my Ghost addition today from BB, was glad they packed it really well, like even better than they do for consoles, which is a good thing considering so many people complaining that Amazon.com packing wasn't good enough and their Ghost editions were damaged! That wrapped up Destiny shipping season for me!

Q3YG7gm.png

f0ofhyf.png

The release date is definitely next week. Squareenix shipped my collectors edition on Monday.

zroid

Banned
The release date is definitely next week. Squareenix shipped my collectors edition on Monday.

Yeah some people were just worried about whether their orders would ship on time. I think the fact that the SKU is obviously matched up suggests that whatever release date is shown there is irrelevant. When the games are ready to ship, they will ship.

Know this is a longshot, but if there's anyone in Vancouver that wants to buy a new pair of Shure SE315 in-ear headphones that have been used for literally fifteen minutes at a discount, let me know. I decided to buy a different pair after the fact, but Tom Lee won't return opened merchandise :/

Lizardus

I was able to get both Castlevania LoS and LoS 2 for a bit less than $20 combined on Gamersgate. I got a 20% off code in e-mail but I don't think anyone beside me can use it but I'll post it here anyway.

FALL2014-NJRG5AJ-1VSR16P-LIZARDU

iphys

I was an Alberta resident for 6 years while I lived in Ontario to go to school, and I was even able to get PST refunds on purchases I made in Ontario even though I was constantly studying 12 months a year and never left the province with my goods like they claim you're supposed to for the refunds. Just because your credit card billing address is in one province it doesn't say anything about your residence status, because you could easily just be a student studying out of province, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I have a bunch of store credit I want to use towards an iPhone 6 at Best Buy. I guess my only option is getting up early on the 19th?

I have a bunch of store credit I want to use towards an iPhone 6 at Best Buy. I guess my only option is getting up early on the 19th?

They have some sort of reservation system, you better call and ask about it cause it might kick off tonight same time as Apple preorder!
Up until this moment I'm not decided if I'm gonna order one now or not! 4 hours to go!

They have some sort of reservation system, you better call and ask about it cause it might kick off tonight same time as Apple preorder!
Up until this moment I'm not decided if I'm gonna order one now or not! 4 hours to go!

I guess it's too late to call and ask tonight. I will get up at 2:45 and see what is up.

What has happened in previous years with Best Buy?

Edit: Apparently you need to preorder in store tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom