• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Woah that was quick! I have 4 winners that I'll be messaging back as soon as I get home from work.

Congrats, and just an FYI, the correct answer was Juno.

Seik

Banned
I have 4 smash bros 3ds demo codes to giveaway to my fellow Canadian gafers.

But because I'm kinda bored you have to answer a Canadian skill testing question first.

What was the codename of the beach that Canadians took in the invasion of Normandy on June 6, 1944?

Pm me the correct answer and I'll send you a code.

I gave it a shot and PM'd you. :p

EDIT: Errrr....well, 2 PMs, messed up the first one.

AleeN634

But because I'm kinda bored you have to answer a Canadian skill testing question first.

What was the codename of the beach that Canadians took in the invasion of Normandy on June 6, 1944?

Sent a PM. Hopefully it works out.

Sent!!

KingSlime

PM sent!

EDIT: Got a code from shadow2810, so I don't need this one anymore. Thanks to both!

ohlawd

EB Games? They have a free shipping.

nope, none when I ordered MH4U CE; only $5 standard and $9 express. I guess they have a thing separate for LEs and CEs because I also got the same thing with Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

when I ordered Atelier Escha (this didn't have any goodies) from them, they gave me free shipping and their express.

Luigi87

nope, none when I ordered MH4U CE; only $5 standard and $9 express. I guess they have a thing separate for LEs and CEs because I also got the same thing with Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

when I ordered Atelier Escha (this didn't have any goodies) from them, they gave me free shipping and their express.

No, it shows $4.99 for standard, but when you select it, it will automatically adjust it to $0.00 (it says free shipping on orders over $25 in smaller print).

It's just how their new site works. It's... kind of stupid, but at least it is working.

Lexxism

That's weird. I got free shipping for both.
O82kwr8.png

ohlawd

No, it shows $4.99 for standard, but when you select it, it will automatically adjust it to $0.00 (it says free shipping on orders over $25 in smaller print).

It's just how their new site works. It's... kind of stupid, but at least it is working.

That's weird. I got free shipping for both.

oh , srsly? lol thanks for the head up.

I did express anyway. I'm not waiting for 4U to come a few days later. Need that game in my blood as soon as possible. Might be all pointless anyway when I just do the order in store tomorrow (if they even let me do that >_>)

Stage On

Please?

EDIT: For those who've ordered from EB online, do they package their stuff pretty well? Might as well buy MH4U online.

xd you got the last one :)

As for ordering from Eb games online I've done that several times in the past including special editions and have never had a problem with their packaging once. Everything has come in undamaged

Stage On

Can I just take a moment to say how pissed off I am as a Canadian Pokemon fan right now.

First there's what Nintendo has been doing with the event Pokemon lately. Who's stupid idea was it to have the mega stones for Heracross and Pincer at Gamestop only in the states?

Sure we're getting it thought the Pokemon trainer newsletter, but later and lord only knows if we'll get both codes and not just one. And good luck getting it if you're a Canadian who wasn't signed up before September.

Any now? Shiny Gangar and Diancie events are coming and they are just like the Megastone event where you have to go to Gamestop and get the download code to get them.

So how are Canadian's going to get these codes? Who knows they haven't said jack about it yet which is really pissing me off. Did they forget they have Wi-fi distribution for event Pokemon these days? I thought the days of us missing out on event Pokemon where over :(

stolin

If you have a PO box, Amazon will only ever ship to you via Canada Post.

Just fake it and put a duplicate line for P.O. Box as your number.

123 Street
Apt 456
P.O Box 456

I posted this in the thread about a year ago after I spoke to the Amazon customer service about always wanting Canada Post. I've had this for years now.

Stage On

I'd rather get an email than visit gamestop, but that's just me :p

Well right now I just want to know if we're getting Shiny Gengar and Diancie at all instead of being left in the wind.

It wasn't too bad to go to Eb games to get some past events like the Shiny Legendary beasts back for Heart Gold/Soul silver, I'd take that over getting nothing

Still the ones you can get over wi-fi are the best since I don't even need to leave my house. I don't know why they aren't doing that now when the have done it several times in the past :(

MarkusRJR

I have three codes for Super Smash 3DS demo, first three people to quote me who have more than 75 posts in this thread will get them :)
I don't know if I have 75 posts in this thread, but I'd love a demo code. I was a plat member and I guess I wasn't opt-in for emails and didn't get the codes. :(

EDIT: Nevermind. Someone in the sharing thread gave me a code. :D

Any good 3DS XL hardware deals going on?

My OG 3DS hinge decided to up and explode last night, and I'm not going to miss out on Smash and Pokemon while I wait for the New 3DS next year.

Any deals, Shoppers maybe?

Magnus

Can I just restate how hilarious this thread's title is? Perfect.

Can I just take a moment to say how pissed off I am as a Canadian Pokemon fan right now.

First there's what Nintendo has been doing with the event Pokemon lately. Who's stupid idea was it to have the mega stones for Heracross and Pincer at Gamestop only in the states?

Sure we're getting it thought the Pokemon trainer newsletter, but later and lord only knows if we'll get both codes and not just one. And good luck getting it if you're a Canadian who wasn't signed up before September.

Any now? Shiny Gangar and Diancie events are coming and they are just like the Megastone event where you have to go to Gamestop and get the download code to get them.

So how are Canadian's going to get these codes? Who knows they haven't said jack about it yet which is really pissing me off. Did they forget they have Wi-fi distribution for event Pokemon these days? I thought the days of us missing out on event Pokemon where over :(

I don't understand. These won't be coming to Gamestop and EB Games stores in Canada? All the ones from Gen V and VI have so far.... :(

Also, what were the last couple of event ones and the next ones coming up? I'm out of the loop.

Any good 3DS XL hardware deals going on?

My OG 3DS hinge decided to up and explode last night, and I'm not going to miss out on Smash and Pokemon while I wait for the New 3DS next year.

Any deals, Shoppers maybe?

Refurbished from Nintendo, or wait for a points event from Shoppers.

I'm not looking for a code, but out of curiosity, how do you find out how many posts per thread?

Click on the number of posts when you view the thread from Gaming. Can't do it from mobile GAF.

Top Bottom