• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

What's the likelihood that GameStop/EB having a GTAV trade in offer similar to TLoU:R?

I stopped playing my ps3 GTAV and I haven't traded it in for credit because I really hope they offer that, but with the crazy Target deals lately I'm starting to second guess.

jholmes

Arrrrrgh I went out for lunch and the postman left a SLIP instead of my Curtain Call copy, and it's the first time I get shipped a game early but I can't pick it up until tomorrow at 1 ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Arrrrrgh I went out for lunch and the postman left a SLIP instead of my Curtain Call copy, and it's the first time I get shipped a game early but I can't pick it up until tomorrow at 1 ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Try going to the post office before it closes or if it's nearby, soon. My postman always drops the slip off and in 30 mins it's at the post for pickup despite the notice saying "tomorrow after 1".

DJ_Lae

My free copy of Destiny arrived today. Now to wait over a month for my Sunset bundle to arrive before I can actually play it.

I'm going to see if I can swap it for Forza Horizon 2 at a Microsoft store once it releases...though I have no real confidence that they'll go for that.

Either way I'm in the same boat, probably won't see the actual One until early November.

Lol. I can't open my pre-order in BB since last week. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Anyone else having difficulty accessing their Best Buy order page? I've been getting error messages for the last few days.

I have a certain order that I never was able to access since I made the order, when I return a game I can't print a receipt so I just print a shipping notice and they look it up on their system. This order is more than $2000 if it makes in difference!

Yeah, I just tried checking my other orders, and those came up fine. For some reason, only the 2 orders over $1000 are giving me error messages. It's weird. I used to be able to access them fine before. I just wanted to check the status of Theatrhythm.

Ryde3

I also have never been able to open my 1000$ + order on bestbuy.ca since I made my order during this years E3, and numerous exchanges with their support have gone unanswered - it's really pathetic for a company of this size to ignore an error like this for so long, also how embarrassingly bad their support team is. - was worth it to get games on Day 1, but Destiny came in some huge cardboard box that didn't fit in my mailbox so that went out the window too. Really disappointing.

Ryde3

Hey I also have 3 Smash Bros codes for whoever wants them, PM me - first come first serve.

Edit: all spoken for guys, Cheers.

Luigi87

:O

Curtain Call is out for delivery. First time I've recieved something from Best Buy before the actual release date.

Same here, but I have to leave my house soon, no one else is here, and it is "Do Not Safe Drop" meaning if I miss it, they'll make me wait until tomorrow to pick it up >_<

Sora_N

What's the likelihood that GameStop/EB having a GTAV trade in offer similar to TLoU:R?

I stopped playing my ps3 GTAV and I haven't traded it in for credit because I really hope they offer that, but with the crazy Target deals lately I'm starting to second guess.

Im Hoping for that too but I gotta finish my ps3 version first lol

Zeeman

Buying a 3DS right now is stupid. Wait for the "NEW" ones next year. Likely by March 2015 they will arrive in NA.

True, but in case anyone's a real collector or something, I thought I'd let them know.

Also, why is it so hard to find Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy for a reasonable price anywhere? It's $45 at EB and Amazon, and FS/BB don't even have it listed on their sites anymore.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Was the TLoU trade-in sponsored by Sony? That might be a sign anyway.

I'd probably be willing to upgrade my copy, even if I don't think I'd ever play through the game again.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Same here, but I have to leave my house soon, no one else is here, and it is "Do Not Safe Drop" meaning if I miss it, they'll make me wait until tomorrow to pick it up >_<

If you check the tracking via the CP site or app, it should mention when it's available for pick up, and at least for me it's always within the same day.

Cross posting from the iPhone 6 thread.

Anyone in Canada used Orchard to sell their iPhone?

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/orchard-sell-your-iphone/id700227391?mt=8

This seems like a great alternative to trading in the phone to a carrier or dealing with people through Craigslist or Kijijji.

Edit: Damn. The app checks how well your iPhone works and determines its value and then offers help in finding a buyer and you can pay them a small percentage to handle everything. This is sort of like gazelle for Canada. I think I'll keep my order and get better value with this.

As someone who is hesitant to do this stuff myself I may try to use this service for selling my iPhone 5S when my 6 Plus is shipped.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So looks like I'm the only one who's credit card hasn't been charged and hasn't got a tracking number for Theatrhythm. 3 calls to BB customer support and they still have no fucking clue when I'm gonna get the game. Beyond frustrating, never pre-ordering with them again. Sadly, I'm stuck with them for at least a year because of the E3 promo. Should've gone with FS.

iiicon

My free copy of Destiny arrived today. Now to wait over a month for my Sunset bundle to arrive before I can actually play it.

Yeah, mine is due to arrive today too. I already have it on PS4 though. Hopefully with the mixed reception it won't be too difficult to sell.

So looks like I'm the only one who's credit card hasn't been charged and hasn't got a tracking number for Theatrhythm. 3 calls to BB customer support and they still have no fucking clue when I'm gonna get the game. Beyond frustrating, never pre-ordering with them again. Sadly, I'm stuck with them for at least a year because of the E3 promo. Should've gone with FS.

I haven't been charged yet either, but I ordered with FS and don't typically get charged until the night before.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Yeah, mine is due to arrive today too. I already have it on PS4 though. Hopefully with the mixed reception it won't be too difficult to sell.

Mine as well, got the order today - sold it for 50$. I wanted to sell it for 60$ but sadly the mediocre reception of the game is making this a harder sell than usual.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
From RFD, didn't check whole thread.
NHL 15 for PS4 is 49.99 the 19th.
Walmart

Yet another reason i shouldn't have preordered anything from the BB e3 thing.

vinnygambini

Walmart

Every EA game price drops the moment they are released lol - always wait 2-3 months and one could get the titles for 50% of the original price. Same goes for SE.

iLLmAtlc

Walmart

Game deals have been far and between but I bet this is due to nhl bombing from the removed mode which is kind of an exceptional circumstance.

Or maybe the lesson is don't pre order ea sports :|

Cross posting from the iPhone 6 thread.

Anyone in Canada used Orchard to sell their iPhone?

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/orchard-sell-your-iphone/id700227391?mt=8

This seems like a great alternative to trading in the phone to a carrier or dealing with people through Craigslist or Kijijji.

Edit: Damn. The app checks how well your iPhone works and determines its value and then offers help in finding a buyer and you can pay them a small percentage to handle everything. This is sort of like gazelle for Canada. I think I'll keep my order and get better value with this.

As someone who is hesitant to do this stuff myself I may try to use this service for selling my iPhone 5S when my 6 Plus is shipped.

This isn't really a bad option, I wonder how easily phones will see through them compared to Kijiji, I mean nobody really know about theme selling used iPhones!

iLLmAtlc

Walmart

More from the flyer:

920x2000_smart_fit.jpg

Jinto

I might pick up another DS3 as well. Too bad Tropical Freeze isn't on sale. Besides those Target shenanigans, I haven't seen any deals on that game for awhile.

Might be time to grab The Stick of Truth. Has it gone any cheaper than that one Steam yet? I'd like to play it before the end of the year, and I don't see it going for much less than $20.

Past

I wish South Park was on current consoles, don't want to buy last gen games anymore, but it's freaking $20 so what the hell.

Deal starts Wednesday in QC, I am assuming?

khaaan

I was tempted to jump on that Xbox 360 but then I checked that the $199 model is only 4 gigs. I guess it probably wouldn't be worth it for the three or four exclusives I'm really interested in.

vinnygambini

I might buy an Xox 360 at that price point for collateral just in case my 360 dies lol

It's essentially 79$ if one includes the gift card

Top Bottom