• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

iiicon

Think we'll get a better 3DS deal before Smash drops than that M&L XL?

If you're willing to buy a refurbished model, Nintendo are selling XLs for $135 or $150 if you want certain special editions. I bought the Zelda XL the day before Nintendo announced the New 3DS...

Jinto

Just got my shipping notice for Curtain Call from BB. Amazon also sent me a shipping notice for Fairy Fencer F, which I totally forgot about. I'm surprised the Amazon one is scheduled to arrive on time.

This isn't really a bad option, I wonder how easily phones will see through them compared to Kijiji, I mean nobody really know about theme selling used iPhones!

I think they are willing to pay up front for a consignment fee. Then they just sell the phone to someone else.

I will probably make a request as soon as my 6 plus ships.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I guess all we might get is the usual $160-170 price tag, I wouldn't expect anything crazy!

If you're willing to buy a refurbished model, Nintendo are selling XLs for $135 or $150 if you want certain special editions. I bought the Zelda XL the day before Nintendo announced the New 3DS...

Might go with a refurbished one if I can. Played the smash demo on my brothers 2DS and I felt the screen was too small. Don't want to spend much because I'm planning on getting a New 3DS when it comes out.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Might go with a refurbished one if I can. Played the smash demo on my brothers 2DS and I felt the screen was too small. Don't want to spend much because I'm planning on getting a New 3DS when it comes out.

Even the XL screen feels tiny for Smash. Nature of the game, I suppose.

DaBoss

Yea, a refurbished one would be much better than going for a brand new one if you're planning on doing that.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This is bullshiiiit, ship my Theatrhythm already you jerks!

Best Buy shipped it 2 days in advance for me. That's a first, I've never gotten anything release day from them before.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Lol you and me both. I don't regret it though, I absolutely love the look of it.

Is it impossible to use a US Digital Deluxe promo code on a Canadian NNID? It says "this activation code cannot be used with your current country setting." I figured they were the same codes for all of NA, but I guess not...?

Lexxism

Is it impossible to use a US Digital Deluxe promo code on a Canadian NNID? It says "this activation code cannot be used with your current country setting." I figured they were the same codes for all of NA, but I guess not...?

Yes because US and Canada uses different currency. That's why it won't work with the Canadian NNID. (You are talking about the eshop funds right?)

lupinko

Anyone know how I might be able to score a 3DS stand for use with KI:Uprising (that I'm getting digitally)?

You can buy it straight from Nintendo of Canada along with the AR cards. And it ships from Richmond too!

And playing the Smash demo on my Canadian 3DS XL feels right, unlike playing the actual game on my Japanese 3DS, which I will sell toward the N3DS. I could use my LL but that has to be sent back to Nintendo because they scratched it when they were repairing the back.

But yeah the screen is too small and eventual hand cramps.

Pokemon and RPGs aren't bad on the 3ds but for other games it's awful compared to XL.

Yes because US and Canada uses different currency. That's why it won't work with the Canadian NNID. (You are talking about the eshop funds right?)

Yes, right. I guess that makes sense... even though the DD promo works the same for US and Canada, but I can see for Nintendo it makes sense to separate currencies. Ah well. Thanks.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been charged yet either, but I ordered with FS and don't typically get charged until the night before.

This ended up happening to me. At least now, I'm mentally prepared for what's gonna happen with P4AU and Smash Bros. :(

Amazon customer service continue to astonish me, I'm a prime freakin subscriber and FIFA (my most anticipated game every year) is scheduled for delivery a week after release!
Contacted them and all they say is their frozen replies that it depends on the supplier, wonder why BB/FS never feed us that kind of shit?!

Am I crazy or is Forza Horizon 2 $72.99 on the Xbox One store?

That's not the deluxe edition which is a different sku (and sold at a far better value).

Is $72.99 the new $69.99?

I need to use the US store to spend my gamestop xbux anyways.

WEGGLES

Amazon customer service continue to astonish me, I'm a prime freakin subscriber and FIFA (my most anticipated game every year) is scheduled for delivery a week after release!
Contacted them and all they say is their frozen replies that it depends on the supplier, wonder why BB/FS never feed us that kind of shit?!

Amazon.ca customer service is abysmal in my experience. Ordered a book that dropped in price before it arrived. They wouldn't do a partial refund, instead I could mail it back at my expense and re-order it at the lower price.

Get fucked.

I doubt. BB has it for 64.99

That's better.

I only took a quick glance at the prices before switching to the US store to use my xbux.

The prices were definitely all over the place for the three editions on the store though.

The Day One edition is definitely $72.99 but I think there may be a cheaper edition than that.

ElNino

That's better.

I only took a quick glance at the prices before switching to the US store to use my xbux.

The prices were definitely all over the place for the three editions on the store though.

The Day One edition is definitely $72.99 but I think there may be a cheaper edition than that.
For me, on the Canadian store the prices for Horizon 2 are:

Day One: $64.99
Deluxe: $74.99
Ultimate: $94.99

I'm just going to keep my ~$45 E3 version from BB, but I also got the VIP for $9.99 so I basically got the Deluxe version for $55.

Ugh.

Getting really pissed off at Canada Post lately. This is the third time in a row that they've "attempted delivery" of an item (today it was Theatrhythm: Curtain Call) while I was home, and left a pick up slip instead.

Which means I have to wait until 1:00pm the next day to get my game. The dumbest part is my mailbox easily fits a game/DVD sized amazon package in it, so I have no idea why they keep doing that.

I can't decide if I should jump on Walmart's PS4 deal or wait to see what happens closer to Christmas.

I've already got a few games piled up and want to have it in time for Alien Isolation, but I already have The Last of Us thanks to the E3 deal and I don't want to go though the trouble of selling a stupid DL code...

Lexxism

Ugh.

Getting really pissed off at Canada Post lately. This is the third time in a row that they've "attempted delivery" of an item (today it was Theatrhythm: Curtain Call) while I was home, and left a pick up slip instead.

Which means I have to wait until 1:00pm the next day to get my game. The dumbest part is my mailbox easily fits a game/DVD sized amazon package in it, so I have no idea why they keep doing that.

Never had a problem picking up an item from them the same day when they left the pick-up slip.

Ugh.

This happens to me like... Every other time I have something come in from an online order

If I could just go pick it up same day at the Post Office it'd be cool (there's one down the street for me. LESS than a 5 minute walk) but if something comes late it means I can't get it until the next day.

Also speaking of Curtain Call BB charged me this morning. So... BB pls

Riptwo

Ugh.

My mail carrier is notorious for "attempting delivery" and leaving a card, but they don't actually bother leaving a card for days after because they were never there in the first place. The people at the post office told me that they hear endless complaints in my community, and that I should complain to customer service. Trying to send an e-mail, however, results in an endless loop, and it looks like the only proper way to file a complaint is by phone, and the number closes before I'm available to make the call. THE IMPOTENT RAGE!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
BB charged me for Curtain Call as well.

Anyone here know if the Guilty Gear Xrd LE is available in Canada yet?

No, and neither is UNIEL. Most Aksys games lately have been available only on VGP and I don't like dealing with them much. :(

EDIT: I was wrong, it is available but again only from VGP. :(

There's few things I hate more than ordering something from a Canadian site and having it ship from the US. They even decided to ship UPS so I'll get hit with made brokerage fees. And of course they don't state this anywhere on the site, we had to find out when they sent us the shipping confirmation and tracking number.

zroid

Banned
Finally got charged for TFFCC. About bloody time.

Best Buy has been good with release date delivery for me over the last couple years, so I'm not too mad about this one slip-up. Hopefully I will get Hyrule Warriors on time, though.

Quick question, my friend bought his white PS4 in the States and he's having issues with it. Can we get that repaired with Sony Canada or does have to be done in the States?

Thanks

Lucinice

Neo Member
Someone mentioned that walmart deal a few pages back and saw they had a 360 for relatively cheap and this plays into something I've been thinking about for a while. There were a few years where I just stopped playing console games, however since then my interest has been renewed in playing console games, and I decided that before I get into the new gen that I would revisit some of the stuff I missed. The problem is my 360 is from 2008 and I'm pretty sure 360s from that era still have a giant chance of red ringing, is it worth buying a new 360 due to the risk of the old one dying or should I not bother?

Lexxism

49.99 at PSN? Is that really its MSRP?

edit: Never mind. I'm not reading shit. Really nice of him if he's really the one who did this

Sealtest

So i pre-ordered a playstation tv on amazon with priority shipping it launches October 14th but i'm getting quoted Monday, October 20, 2014 - Tuesday, October 21, 2014 by 8:00pm delivery... How has the quotes gotten so bad over this last year.

Lexxism

So i pre-ordered a playstation tv on amazon with priority shipping it launches October 14th but i'm getting quoted Monday, October 20, 2014 - Tuesday, October 21, 2014 by 8:00pm delivery... How has the quotes gotten so bad over this last year.

If mine to go by, that's just temporary. I had mine (Pokemon AS) for October delivery for quite a while and just noticed last week that it changed to release date delivery. Same thing happened with my TLOU:R.

Zeeman

So if I add PLvAA and "Tekken 3DS" to my cart from Future Shop, I'm essentially getting a $10 discount on PLvAA without having to buy another game? Is there a chance that Tekken 3DS will stop being a filler title at some point?

ohlawd

For me, on the Canadian store the prices for Horizon 2 are:

Day One: $64.99
Deluxe: $74.99
Ultimate: $94.99

I'm just going to keep my ~$45 E3 version from BB, but I also got the VIP for $9.99 so I basically got the Deluxe version for $55.

weird, Day One is 65 but I"m getting 85 and 105 for Deluxe and Ultimate on mine.

Finally got charged for TFFCC. About bloody time.

Best Buy has been good with release date delivery for me over the last couple years, so I'm not too mad about this one slip-up. Hopefully I will get Hyrule Warriors on time, though.

that sucks, breh. Got mine earlier.

lol they shipped mine half a day earlier than usual. Got it on release like always. I don't believe the shipping email stuff anyway. Ship around night time, still get it on release. Ship around lunch time, still get it on release.

There's few things I hate more than ordering something from a Canadian site and having it ship from the US. They even decided to ship UPS so I'll get hit with made brokerage fees. And of course they don't state this anywhere on the site, we had to find out when they sent us the shipping confirmation and tracking number.

I didn't quite have this happen to me but yeah, I ordered a bunch of really cheap music CDs from Insound a while back, and didn't think about it when the shipping came out to $20. They split the order into (at least) two UPS shipments; the first one arrived with a $24 brokerage charge, of which $4 was actually duties/taxes. So by the time this is all over, I'll likely pay $60-70 for shipping on top of $80 worth of CDs.

zroid

Banned
So if I add PLvAA and "Tekken 3DS" to my cart from Future Shop, I'm essentially getting a $10 discount on PLvAA without having to buy another game? Is there a chance that Tekken 3DS will stop being a filler title at some point?

Probably not because the game it was supposed to be (Tekken 3D Prime Edition) already came out. Either way though, you can always return it if something does somehow end up taking its place.

Is anyone familiar with how NCIX does their weekly deals? Will the deals expire at midnight tonight when it technically becomes September 17th? I'm thinking about picking up a few things but I'd prefer to order them tomorrow

EDIT: Nevermind I'm stupid. Says deals expire September 17th at 11PM. Yeah I'll just get the stuff tomorrow then

Top Bottom