• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Zeeman

Probably not because the game it was supposed to be (Tekken 3D Prime Edition) already came out. Either way though, you can always return it if something does somehow end up taking its place.

Excellent point. I'll probably jump on that tonight.

Desinty Ghost Edition Back In Stock!!!!!

PS4, Ps3, 360, Xbox1 !!!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00LH6C9WI/

Ships in 1-3 months for PS4!

Ugh.

Getting really pissed off at Canada Post lately. This is the third time in a row that they've "attempted delivery" of an item (today it was Theatrhythm: Curtain Call) while I was home, and left a pick up slip instead.

Which means I have to wait until 1:00pm the next day to get my game. The dumbest part is my mailbox easily fits a game/DVD sized amazon package in it, so I have no idea why they keep doing that.

They for don't leave it in the mailbox because most of them are marked as: Don't Safe Drop!
So they are basically covering their asses, it depends on the mail man though!

So for those of you looking for an iPhone 6 or the 6 Plus this Friday without a pre-order in store, I just called the Apple store at the mall in Montreal and they are going to have factory unlocked phones and can't tell how many though.

However, there are few people lined up already for the Friday's launch. What the FUCK!

So for those of you looking for an iPhone 6 or the 6 Plus this Friday without a pre-order in store, I just called the Apple store at the mall in Montreal and they are going to have factory unlocked phones and can't tell how many though.

However, there are few people lined up already for the Friday's launch. What the FUCK!

They wouldn't even say if there is a good stock or not?

the3ye

Ugh.

Getting really pissed off at Canada Post lately. This is the third time in a row that they've "attempted delivery" of an item (today it was Theatrhythm: Curtain Call) while I was home, and left a pick up slip instead.

Which means I have to wait until 1:00pm the next day to get my game. The dumbest part is my mailbox easily fits a game/DVD sized amazon package in it, so I have no idea why they keep doing that.
Check the slip date. Usually I get them dated one day back, and I can go straight to the office to pick it up.

im probably going as well! Free stuff! And i waited forever to do the best buy thing so might as well do this as well

Yeah I lined up for that Best Buy thing at Dundas Square for like an hour and a half and at the end everything before I played the game just felt like a blur. At the very least I'll have the game for that Smash Club... Thing whatever it is. Unless Amazon wants to fuck me over somehow

Stage On

Guess this is something. Anyone else from Toronto going to this Smash Club Event thing? It sounds really silly but my friend roped me into it.

http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/super-smash-club-event-downtown-toronto-tickets-13052154345?aff=efbnen

I'm aiming for the Mississauga one instead since that's closer to me and much more accessible. Wish I could go to the Toronto one just to meet more fellow Gaffers. Oh well there's always the Pokemon Launch event if they have it again this year.

jholmes

I'm aiming for the Mississauga one instead since that's closer to me and much more accessible. Wish I could go to the Toronto one just to meet more fellow Gaffers. Oh well there's always the Pokemon Launch event if they have it again this year.

What's this Mississauga one?

How is all this stuff happening under my nose and I'm completely oblivious to it?

khaaan

I didn't even know Mississauga was relevant enough to have an event like this. I'm sure there'll be some GAF'ers there.

Edit:

What's this Mississauga one?

How is all this stuff happening under my nose and I'm completely oblivious to it?

http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/super-smash-club-event-mississauga-tickets-13052467281?aff=eac2

Cynar

Ugh.

You should feel lucky. They say do not safe drop and I wish they would follow that because I live in a sketchy area. I'd rather pick it up than risk the hassle of some asshole stealing my stuff due to the mail man not doing their job.

http://www.eventbrite.ca/directory?q=Super+Smash+Club+Event&loc=Canada

Looks like it's only Toronto, Mississauga, Vancouver and Montreal.

Oh God, the Mississauga one is in Playdium. I don't want to go there and be the only adult there, or have all these parents wonder why this guy without a kid has a 3DS and is near their children.

Is that place like Chuk-e-Cheese?
Cause of if is I assure you will look weird unless some other gaffers or other adult gamers show up!

http://www.eventbrite.ca/directory?q=Super+Smash+Club+Event&loc=Canada

Looks like it's only Toronto, Mississauga, Vancouver and Montreal.

Oh God, the Mississauga one is in Playdium. I don't want to go there and be the only adult there, or have all these parents wonder why this guy without a kid has a 3DS and is near their children.

The funny thing is that the Toronto one is in like, a fucking warehouse or whatever near the Harbourfront so it's kind of hilarious how isolated it is. I only know the area because I got my headphones fixed at a place on the next street, and that I think there is a movie studio somewhere in the area.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I sold my Destiny Xbox One copy. I initially had a buyer at 50$ but wanted to decrease the price even further, I declined. I sold my copy today to a buyer at 60$! I was scared the lackluster reviews who hurt the value of the game. Super happy :D

khaaan

Cause of if is I assure you will look weird unless some other gaffers or other adult gamers show up!

Yeah, it's basically a Chuk-e-Cheese but their games selection is a bit more diverse and they have stuff like go-karts and rock climbing. I'm pretty sure it mostly draws younger crowds with ~early highschool sort of being a cut-off.

The funny thing is that the Toronto one is in like, a fucking warehouse or whatever near the Harbourfront so it's kind of hilarious how isolated it is. I only know the area because I got my headphones fixed at a place on the next street, and that I think there is a movie studio somewhere in the area.

Now I hope all the locations are super awkward.

Stage On

I didn't even know Mississauga was relevant enough to have an event like this. I'm sure there'll be some GAF'ers there.

Oh God, the Mississauga one is in Playdium. I don't want to go there and be the only adult there, or have all these parents wonder why this guy without a kid has a 3DS and is near their children
[/url]

Considering you need to register to get a free ticket to attend I think we'll be fine. Besides I'm an adult and have gone to the Pokemon launch events for the past 2 years and was far from the only adult to attend.

Besides why care so much what other people think of you? It's none of their business what you're into in the first place.

Nah, the Playdium is just an arcade that also happens to have a bar.

At least Playdium you'd feel slightly more safer, but the stares of judgement would be REAL. The Toronto one, if streetview is to be believed, takes place on a street where fucking gang wars happen isolated from the rest of the city. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a secret government base somewhere in the area

https://www.google.com/maps/place/28+Logan+Ave,+Toronto,+ON+M4M+2M8,+Canada/@43.6553433,-79.3403623,3a,53.6y,163.12h,81.97t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sjHlCYEI2ECQ3VLCL-OF2gQ!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x89d4cb0b4f4ae665:0xd06630e245cf4a6a!6m1!1e1

jholmes

At least Playdium you'd feel slightly more safer, but the stares of judgement would be REAL. The Toronto one, if streetview is to be believed, takes place on a street where fucking gang wars happen isolated from the rest of the city. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a secret government base somewhere in the area

https://www.google.com/maps/place/28+Logan+Ave,+Toronto,+ON+M4M+2M8,+Canada/@43.6553433,-79.3403623,3a,53.6y,163.12h,81.97t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sjHlCYEI2ECQ3VLCL-OF2gQ!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x89d4cb0b4f4ae665:0xd06630e245cf4a6a!6m1!1e1

Stay golden, Nintendo

Nintendo's last big Toronto event was at the 401 Mini Indy, which is out in an industrial park east of the airport.

I mean, I'm not a snob about these things and I like that part of town, but if you hate the idea of going to the Port Lands, you'd hate that too.

Tagg9

My friend's looking for a Destiny PS4 bundle but it seems to be sold out everywhere. Does any store online have it in stock?

The Montreal one appears to be in an old theatre of ours which is now delegated to showing stuff like Elvis X Beatles tribute shows.

I went to the BestBuy Smash event back when that happened, and was even lucky enough to get a coin, so I'll definitely try and attend this one.

You should feel lucky. They say do not safe drop and I wish they would follow that because I live in a sketchy area. I'd rather pick it up than risk the hassle of some asshole stealing my stuff due to the mail man not doing their job.

I mean, I have a locked PO BOX in my building, there's no risk of it getting stolen.

MarkusRJR

So I've convinced myself I want to leave Manitoba after I go to and finish University. Where is a good place to move? I just want somewhere safe, affordable, and with lots of career opportunities (if such a place exists, lol). I don't really care if there's lots of entertainment nearby or special events happening. After living in Winnipeg I just want somewhere I feel safe (taking buses in anywhere but the south region of Winnipeg is super sketchy feeling).

I was told Saskatchewan would fit the description, But I thought I'd ask GAF. Any recommendations?

QaaQer

So I've convinced myself I want to leave Manitoba after I go to and finish University. Where is a good place to move? I just want somewhere safe, affordable, and with lots of career opportunities (if such a place exists, lol). I don't really care if there's lots of entertainment nearby or special events happening. After living in Winnipeg I just want somewhere I feel safe (taking buses in anywhere but the south region of Winnipeg is super sketchy feeling).

I was told Saskatchewan would fit the description, But I thought I'd ask GAF. Any recommendations?

Sask has some sketch parts too. My wife and I were going to visit there (cant remember whether it was Regina or Saskatoon) until we read about a district in one of the cities with lots of crime, murder, and rats who bite people in their sleep.

If you are moving, Victoria is so awesome: safe, clean, & warm but the job market is somewhat competitive unless you do something with old people.

Calgary is good for work, but not nearly as good as 6 years ago, and housing is expensive.

I would probably recommend Edmonton to be honest. Really nice city, but not sexy enough to be overpriced and there are good jobs there. The winters are long and kinda dark though.

My friend's looking for a Destiny PS4 bundle but it seems to be sold out everywhere. Does any store online have it in stock?
Unless he really really wants the white ps4, he could grab the last of us bundle at Walmart this weekend for $399 and get destiny as well for $20 more than the destiny bundle.

Vancouver:

Pros: mild weather, mountains and water nearby, good public transit if you're in the city, lots of biking options, awesome sushi
Cons: rain, housing super expensive, downtown east side, transit sucks in the suburbs, salaries lower than other cities, can be hard to meet people (allegedly)

As the above poster said, Victoria is quiet, safe, and clean. Calgary is booming but the weather can be unpredictable. Edmonton is actually pretty nice (transit isn't bad, affordable) but yeah the winters are supposed to be bad.

TechJunk

Ottawa is nice, two universities, lots of government job. City is generally clean and slower paced than something like Montreal. Small downtown core but if you're really itching for entertainment Montreal is about a 2hr drive away. I think housing is moderately expensive, not as high as Toronto or Vancouver, and winters can be cold, but if you're from the Peg, you'll be laughing!

Wal Mart Anniversary sale, PS4 is 399. Sale starts tomorrow, so if you wanna get in on this be there as soon as it opens. Our store should be getting some in tonight but they have literally been flying off the shelves for months.

DJ_Lae

They definitely safe drop here, which is weird - my Destiny bundled PS4, dumped it on the doorstep and knocked the door once. I was home, albeit downstairs, but there was no indication I was home so it could have just as easily sat there until I got home from work.

Though there's no way it would last that long, my place is on a fairly busy road.

Sealtest

it's a real shame amazon is starting to quote me 1-2 week wait on games now.. I might actually have 2 walk into walmart and buy a game if I want it within the first few days.

Top Bottom