• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Kalren

There was a tweet today from @EBGamesCanada saying Pre-Order price is the price you pay. I Don't know how to link tweets but this was the quote...

@CompulsiveShow Yup, you pay the price at the time of pre-order.

LOTS of games for $8 at the Promenade Mall WalMart in Toronto!

I was there yesterday, and I saw like 2 dozen different games, for all platforms (except Vita, PS4, and XO, sorry guys :(), they include:

Wii U:

007 Legends (The ONLY one, was tempted, but it was rated HORRIBLY,and took fucking Eurocom down :'( )

Wii:

COD Modern Warfare 3
COD World at War (one copy)
Cabella's Dangerous Hunts 2011
Cabella Shadows of Katmai
Cabella's Adventure Camp
Cabella Dangerous Hunts 2009

3DS:

Dual Pen Sports (developed by indieszero)
Splinter Cell 3D
F1 2011
Cradle of Rome (or was it Egypt?) 2
Crush 3D
Carnival Games Wild West

DS:

Aliens Infestation
Transformers Prime
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (bu\y the fucking Shinobi 3DS team! Kinda regret not getting it!)
Spider-Man Edge of Time (this instead was by Other Ocean, likely not good)
Call of Duty 4
Sim City DS (one copy)

360:

Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition (was going to get this as a collector's piece, but sites have it for quite cheap so it's likely not that rare)
Shadowrun
Crackdown
Blue Dragon

PS3:

uDraw bundle (would've snatched a Wii one on the spot, they didn't even have that in stock and the 360 ones weren't stickered)

There's even more than that, but sadly I can't remember them all of the top of my head!

I know most are crap aside from the 360 stuff, but hey you might find something you like for a steal!

Attention Vancouver PS4 GAF:

I'm selling a sealed brand new copy of inFamous: Second Son Limited Edition for $60 cash.

If you're interested, let me know ASAP, as I'm about to put it up on kijiji/craigslist.

Bishop left a post saying he wanted to grab a copy today, not sure if he already did.

RE_Player

Ended up buying Knack through that Walmart deal. Yes it will probably be the first retail game on PlayStation Plus but $30 isn't bad.

Vibranium

Banned
Not true - I don't know why everyone says this. It's my understanding that games must have a Metacritic rating of 70 or higher to qualify for PS+.

Interesting, I didn't know that, thanks for telling me that. I still think it will be there eventually, whether in 1 year or 4. :p

Alright YMMV I preordered Infamous from EB way back before the price hike, and they had jacked the price up.

I was just talking to the teller when picking up my copy and he adjusted the price to 79.99 which was before the hike.

So basically if you preordered Infamous at EB before 21st Jan you might be able to get the old price.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how it works for all the stores. I pre-ordered Infamous from Futureshop for $45 after tax during the e3 deal, and that's the price I paid when my credit card was charged this week. I have about 5 more games over the next 1.5 years that will be protected from the price hike, thankfully.

I wasn't home today and missed Infamous, they left a card.....went to the post office after 6 and they said they didn't have it yet and to come back Monday :(

I can't remember the last time I wasn't home and they didn't safe drop a game or movie

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not true - I don't know why everyone says this. It's my understanding that games must have a Metacritic rating of 70 or higher to qualify for PS+.
I think they already broke that rule with Vita simply because they already gave away the good games.

Returners

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how it works for all the stores. I pre-ordered Infamous from Futureshop for $45 after tax during the e3 deal, and that's the price I paid when my credit card was charged this week. I have about 5 more games over the next 1.5 years that will be protected from the price hike, thankfully.

Really? Cause their system if you don't pay it off before the price hike shows the full 89.99 - your preorder deposit.

Alright YMMV I preordered Infamous from EB way back before the price hike, and they had jacked the price up.

I was just talking to the teller when picking up my copy and he adjusted the price to 79.99 which was before the hike.

So basically if you preordered Infamous at EB before 21st Jan you might be able to get the old price.

I preordered Infamous from FS during their $40 E3 promotion and that was the price they charged me. I guess some retailers will raise it and others won't? Dunno.

I have my CE of Infamous waiting for me to pick it up at EB, let's see if they're gonna honor the price that was in effect when I put my preorder, doubt it really!

zroid

Banned
I wasn't home today and missed Infamous, they left a card.....went to the post office after 6 and they said they didn't have it yet and to come back Monday :(

I can't remember the last time I wasn't home and they didn't safe drop a game or movie

I, for one, welcome our new community mailbox overlords

Knack will be on PS+ within a year, it might be good to wait on that one.

Ended up buying Knack through that Walmart deal. Yes it will probably be the first retail game on PlayStation Plus but $30 isn't bad.

Even if it goes on PS+ its not worth downloading.

Eh, I'm actually interested despite the impressions. I think I might dig it.

I know the reviews have all been crap and I played through the game entirely, though a little repetitive, I enjoyed it. It's a fun game and light hearted, I'm sure you guys will enjoy it as well.

It is not a bad talent any means, may be average. Just that it didn't live up to the expectations.

I know the reviews have all been crap and I played through the game entirely, though a little repetitive, I enjoyed it. It's a fun game and light hearted, I'm sure you guys will enjoy it as well.

It is not a bad talent any means, may be average. Just that it didn't live up to the expectations.

Haha it ain't a little repetitive...shit is REPETITIVE!

Best Buy, Walmart and Amazon in the US are all selling the Xbox One Titanfall bundle for $450.

I wonder if we would even see that price in Canada in the next year, even if the Xbox One has a price drop of $100, it will probably be bumped up by $50 in Canada still making it $450.

i-Jest

Wow. I miss those collection sets from the PS2/xbox/gc era. I should just buy them up to have them.

The last anthology I've seen for last gen was the DBZ Budekai collection. I can't recall seeing another collection.

Not shipping from amazon so there will be shipping charges, just a heads up.

For sure. I've already seen what it would cost with taxes and such. Pretty good still. I've seen the X Collection for far more used.

Welcome to every game I've bought from Future Shop or Best Buy (even $15 used 3DS games) from the past year at least. I've basically stopped pre-ordering from them for this reason, and am inclined to just stop buying from them altogether.

Welcome to every game I've bought from Future Shop or Best Buy (even $15 used 3DS games) from the past year at least. I've basically stopped pre-ordering from them for this reason, and am inclined to just stop buying from them altogether.

Why did they have to release it on a Friday lol

hmm i might get killzone and knack, i'm thinking about it, the problem is they might come to psn for free that's the problème

Buy it, play it. Resell or trade the ones you don't need. At that price, you won't take much of a loss anyway.

Just pretend it was supposed to be released on March 25th and you getting it on Monday will actually be getting it a day early. :p

I've been having fun playing it so far.

I laughed. Im in the same boat, FS screwed me over.

Sharpshot

Neo Member
Can't believe I've been lurking GAF for a couple of months and now haven't been following this thread!

Now just to touch base with Mike for Infamous copy :D.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Any place with $400 PS4s in stock? Any place with PS4s in stock at all...? It looks like the console is more or less easy to find in the US, I don't get why it's still so scarce here.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Haha it ain't a little repetitive...shit is REPETITIVE!

Yeah it's one of the most repetitive games I've ever played.

It was fun the first hour or so, until you realize you're doing the same thing over and over again.

I traded it in as soon as I beat it.

The game was pretty though, not the best looking game but was nice to look at.

Any place with $400 PS4s in stock? Any place with PS4s in stock at all...? It looks like the console is more or less easy to find in the US, I don't get why it's still so scarce here.

Superstore still had $399 last weekend but I doubt they have any in stock and may have raised the price since then. I'm sure now that they raised the price, to match the exchange rate, we'll start to see more in canada.

You couldn't get the camera for forever and it's been in stock on bestbuy.ca and futureshop.ca for the last couple of days.

Really? Cause their system if you don't pay it off before the price hike shows the full 89.99 - your preorder deposit.

What deposit? For the E3 Futureshop pre-orders, there aren't any deposits. You pre-order as many games as you'd like online for $40 before tax and then your credit card is charged one week before the game is shipped.

Yup, they definitely do NOT charge the hiked price. I paid $45 after tax for both South Park and Infamous. And I'm sure it'll be the same for my other five games.

farisr

Yeah it's one of the most repetitive games I've ever played.

It was fun the first hour or so, until you realize you're doing the same thing over and over again.

I traded it in as soon as I beat it.

The game was pretty though, not the best looking game but was nice to look at.

Knack was repetitive, but I think playing through on 2 player co-op dampened the effect (we were getting through the areas twice as fast as solo play I'm guessing), not to mention we played it on hard so the enemy tactics and stuff were actually pretty decent and varied. Also, there was a lot of enemy variety as well.

I'm honestly keeping it because I think some day we're probably going to end up tackling very hard difficulty via 2 player. No other 2 player game (on ps4) has come close to giving us the enjoyment Knack did. And actually, it's been a while since we had a fresh experience that provided 2 player fun even since the last few years on the ps3/360.

If I was a solo player though, then definitely I would've sold Knack as soon as I beat it.

Knack was repetitive, but I think playing through on 2 player co-op dampened the effect (we were getting through the areas twice as fast as solo play I'm guessing), not to mention we played it on hard so the enemy tactics and stuff were actually pretty decent and varied. Also, there was a lot of enemy variety as well.

I'm honestly keeping it because I think some day we're probably going to end up tackling very hard difficulty via 2 player. No other 2 player game (on ps4) has come close to giving us the enjoyment Knack did. And actually, it's been a while since we had a fresh experience that provided 2 player fun even since the last few years on the ps3/360.

If I was a solo player though, then definitely I would've sold Knack as soon as I beat it.

I haven't tried the Co-op feature at all. Is there online Co-op or just local Co-op?

I haven't tried the Co-op feature at all. Is there online Co-op or just local Co-op?

Just local and I also had a good experience playing it in co-op even with people not much into games! But when it comes to co-op Rayman Legends is number 1 for me on PS4 even better than Lego Marvel!

I know a lot of you guys go crazy for Vita sales, so I think these are pretty good bargains, but I may be wrong:

(1 in stock) MGS HD Collection $15.99 - http://www.pricematters.ca/p-10515-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-psvita.aspx#.Uy4IbLvLhqY

(1 in stock) Little Big Planet $15.99 - http://www.pricematters.ca/p-10517-little-big-planet-psvita.aspx#.Uy4JErvLhqY

And a few more like Hot Shots Golf and MLB 13 The Show are there as well:

http://www.pricematters.ca/c-721-vi...333-&SearchTerm=&sortBy=relevance&pageSize=20

Free shipping over 50 bucks!

I know a lot of you guys go crazy for Vita sales, so I think these are pretty good bargains, but I may be wrong:

(1 in stock) MGS HD Collection $15.99 - http://www.pricematters.ca/p-10515-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-psvita.aspx#.Uy4IbLvLhqY

(1 in stock) Little Big Planet $15.99 - http://www.pricematters.ca/p-10517-little-big-planet-psvita.aspx#.Uy4JErvLhqY

And a few more like Hot Shots Golf and MLB 13 The Show are there as well:

http://www.pricematters.ca/c-721-vi...333-&SearchTerm=&sortBy=relevance&pageSize=20

Free shipping over 50 bucks!

Thanks for the heads up!
Ordered MGS Collection for Vita, I'v been wanting to buy it for a while but didn't wanna pay $30 for it!

Lexxism

Priority. Demand are still huge in the US thus concentrating the shipment on that country.

Returners

What deposit? For the E3 Futureshop pre-orders, there aren't any deposits. You pre-order as many games as you'd like online for $40 before tax and then your credit card is charged one week before the game is shipped.

Yup, they definitely do NOT charge the hiked price. I paid $45 after tax for both South Park and Infamous. And I'm sure it'll be the same for my other five games.

I'm talking about EB. FS/BB/Amazon you're always price locked to the price you preordered.

When the price hike happened I called EB up, their system says I owe them the 89.99 price.

They only adjusted when I was talking to them about it when I picked it up.

wmlk

By the way, for everyone who wants the FFX/X-2 Limited Edition copy, check with your Gamestop/EB Games stores nearby. You can pick up the LE if they are still remaining after five days.

I just got the Limited Edition, and it's pretty gorgeous actually. Definitely worth it especially if you don't want the Standard Edition cover (FFX-2 Yuna...not a fan).

Top Bottom