• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

farisr

Just local and I also had a good experience playing it in co-op even with people not much into games! But when it comes to co-op Rayman Legends is number 1 for me on PS4 even better than Lego Marvel!

Yeah, the guy I was playing with was into games, loves games like God Of War, Darksiders etc plays them on the highest difficulty and he was having tons of fun. When the game finished we were itching for another 2 player co-op game. Tried Lego Marvel, but man is that game so unsatisfying/easy after going through Knack, we basically turned it off after 2 hours and said "yeah, we're not going back to that". Have yet to boot up Rayman Legends, so don't know how the experience is in that.

Grimsen

FF14 is 24.99$ at futureshop and bestbuy, for ps3 and PC.

I was planning on getting it for ps4, to get the ps4 packaging, but the 15~20$ difference is a month's playtime, so I ordered the ps3 version, and going to upgrade to ps4 on the 11th.

Platy

I want to sell the Skylanders that comes with the WiiU bundle ... how much should I sell so that I have a good amount of money/fast selling ?

Sajjaja

FF14 is 24.99$ at futureshop and bestbuy, for ps3 and PC.

I was planning on getting it for ps4, to get the ps4 packaging, but the 15~20$ difference is a month's playtime, so I ordered the ps3 version, and going to upgrade to ps4 on the 11th.

I swear it's been $10-$15 before. Either on PSN or retail.

Haines

Banned
You guys seeing any PS4 in stock these days Ontario?

Im in London are and I see reservation is possible at something like Bestbuy but its 450 now so I guess we just wait til its 400 again?

Im in London are and I see reservation is possible at something like Bestbuy but its 450 now so I guess we just wait til its 400 again?

It's not really in the forecast now that it'll be $400 again, so if you don't mind waiting for a undefined period of time you can wait!

Lexxism

You are going to wait for a long time. Just hope this coming holiday season, they will put it on sale for $400.

Anybody with Videotron have an Xbone? Randomly saw a thread on the Xbox forums where someone claims their cable signal was being blocked after playing for a few hours as a provider-side antipiracy measure. It's given me some pause as to whether to even attempt it...

Grimsen

Anybody with Videotron have an Xbone? Randomly saw a thread on the Xbox forums where someone claims their cable signal was being blocked after playing for a few hours as a provider-side antipiracy measure. It's given me some pause as to whether to even attempt it...

Like, cable box HDCP?

Come to think of it, one of my friends has a Videotron cable box, and hasn't reported any issues.

Vinc

I cut the cord about 2 months ago, but I had Videotron and had zero problems with the box plugged into my Xbone from november to january.

Like, cable box HDCP?

Come to think of it, one of my friends has a Videotron cable box, and hasn't reported any issues.

Yeah, something about the cable box triggering a warning to videotron's hardware and then getting a service-block message, as in you'd have to call them to get service re-enabled.

I'll take these two as votes for it working though. Not sure how it will affect the DVR, if at all. Should be interesting...

Megasoum

Banned
So there's no deals for xb1 anywhere in Canada right? Like all those 450$ in the states.... or any Non titanfall bundle available? Like with forza or something like that.

Where's the cheapest place to get a Vita right now? I know the US guys love Cowboom, but I'm not sure what we have up here.

Yeah as someone already said, either wait for the fire sale of the older bundles or wait for the new Borderlands Bundle for $199.

So there's no deals for xb1 anywhere in Canada right? Like all those 450$ in the states.... or any Non titanfall bundle available? Like with forza or something like that.

Nothing as of yet but I doubt we would see any with the bad $$ value.

Any recommendations for a power station/adapter or whatever it's called and a paper shredder!

Don't wanna spend much on the shredder since it's just for basic home use!

aechris

Okay fellows, I registered my 3DSXL by mistake this week (don't ask, haha) and now I need one of those codes to get Pokemon. I have Pokemon, so if you can get me one, I'll get you whichever one you want. PM if you've got one, or (in fitting even more with this thread) buy one of them, get Pokemon free!

If you want cheap, Ikea has them, two for $5. Although I don't think they're surge protected.

If you want surge protection, you should probably make sure you get reliable surge protection, because if you're going to take a chance and cut corners to save money, you might as well just go to Ikea.

Also
http://i.imgur.com/XyojIYk.jpg

Lol nice ad by Monster cables!
I wanna go cheap for the paper shredder but I'm planning on getting a good power station, I have ikea ones for when I need to connect an extra lamp or something, they are really bad quality!
That's why I was looking for recommendations.

rinse82

Studio Tax has been my go-to for the last 4 years.

This year's version uploads straight to Netfile for you!

Submitted on Saturday March 15th, tax refund in my bank account on Friday Mar 21st.

Lol nice ad by Monster cables!
I wanna go cheap for the paper shredder but I'm planning on getting a good power station, I have ikea ones for when I need to connect an extra lamp or something, they are really bad quality!
That's why I was looking for recommendations.

Dell has some deals on Belkin surge protectors every so often. They're about $10-15.

Takuan

Has this console price adjustment kicked over to the Wii U? I'm all 'bout getting one for Mario Kart, but I was reluctant to buy one at pre-adjustment prices.
If you don't need to own it, all seasons are on Netflix.

And I've got brand new blu-rays of seasons 1-3 (at least I think I owns season 3) and would gladly sell them for $15 a pop in the GTA. Just say the word.

An increase in price for the Wii U would hurt its already low sales. Nintendo won't do it for the same reason Microsoft isn't. Software is fair game though. :(

An increase in price for the Wii U would hurt its already low sales. Nintendo won't do it for the same reason Microsoft isn't. Software is fair game though. :(

I don't know about Nintendo but I don't know how long Microsoft is going to hold on, they will eventually have to bump up the price, unless there is an official price drop for the console being planned this year making it $450 and will probably be left at $499 in Canada.

Sheik

In case it hasn't been mentioned, Future Shop, Best Buy, and Staples have the 128gb MS Surface Pro 1 on sale for $500. YMMV but it seems to be in stock online at Staples.

Do you guys think it's worth $500? Seems like a decent price for a full Windows tablet / PC.

Top Bottom