• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

iLLmAtlc

From what I gathered, it just saves as a file and I send it to CRA myself? I'm new to doing returns myself so I don't want to screw up and accidentally send it in.

In the past yeah once you're ready to submit, you hit NETFILE and it generates a .TAX file for you, and you upload that to CRA's website directly.

Some people have said it sends it in automatically for you this year? I dunno because I haven't done mine yet lol.

E: I just checked, and once you hit NETFILE there's the option of sending it to CRA directly or saving the .TAX file only. Might be easier to just use the automatic submission I think.

gzero

In case it hasn't been mentioned, Future Shop, Best Buy, and Staples have the 128gb MS Surface Pro 1 on sale for $500. YMMV but it seems to be in stock online at Staples.

Do you guys think it's worth $500? Seems like a decent price for a full Windows tablet / PC.

I paid full price for mine shortly after it came out. No regrets (although I don't play games on it -- the graphics chip isn't great).

soultron

Banned
Anyone buy from PriceTag Canada before? Is this a good version of Windows 7 to buy? With support for Windows XP ending, I'm gonna be needing to upgrade to Windows 7. This place seems to have it for much cheaper than everywhere else.

http://www.pricetagcanada.com/product.asp?itemid=318&gclid=CKushL6nrb0CFYZafgodN2IAEA

Are you planning on upgrading your system (new mobo/cpu) anytime soon? IIRC, you cannot use OEMs on more than one system/transfer your license to a new computer. It's kind of a one-off thing.

Just something to keep in mind. This is why I prefer to buy retail box versions of Windows.

Galactik

Neo Member
Anyone know of any deals on Xbox Live Gold 12 month? Let my subscription lapse when I picked up a PS4, but now that I have Xbox One and Titanfall, I am just using the free 1 month, and that will end in a couple weeks.

Jeevez

TR shows $59.99...

Shows 29.99 here...

Image%202014-03-25%20at%202.25.37%20PM.png

Oh damn! I see the new competitive pricing.

I have almost $60 store credit on the XB1 where as I will have to pay for both the versions on the PS4.

Decision time, which one would you guys buy?

Anyone else's Shop.ca Infamous order still saying "Shipping Soon"? Credit card was charged on Friday.
I hope I have it by THIS weekend, that's pretty slow service.

Anyone else's Shop.ca Infamous order still saying "Shipping Soon"?
If you're far away from our shipping source, like say Vancouver-- it's probably on it's way, but something prevented the shipping status to be updated (there was a bug with some of the pre-order stuff which caused this). If you're in Ontario or Quebec, you should have it by now. In that case please contact support ASAP because there's probably something wrong with your order. Most people in Ontario/Quebec got it day 1.

If you're far away from our shipping source, like say Vancouver-- it's probably on it's way, but something prevented the shipping status to be updated (there was a bug with some of the pre-order stuff which caused this). If you're in Ontario or Quebec, you should have it by now. In that case please contact support ASAP because there's probably something wrong with your order. Most people in Ontario/Quebec got it day 1.

Ok, no problem. I'm out in SK, so I'll give it a couple more days.
Thanks for the info!

Quick

Banned
Finally got a PS4!

EB Games at Vaughan Mills Mall had a few lying around. There were 5 left after I bought mine. This was a couple of hours ago.

Regarding EB honouring the price they had at the time you put a in-store preorder, it's not happening! Tried that yesterday when I wanted to pick up my second CE of Infamous preorder for a friend and they refused so I told them to eat it and got my deposit! Shamelessly he tried to make me put the money towards another preorder, a stupid offer I declined of course!

L3E2

Anyone else's Shop.ca Infamous order still saying "Shipping Soon"? Credit card was charged on Friday.

I just checked online and my order still says "Shipping Soon" but I got it delivered this morning. Hopefully yours comes in soon.

Regarding EB honouring the price they had at the time you put a in-store preorder, it's not happening! Tried that yesterday when I wanted to pick up my second CE of Infamous preorder for a friend and they refused so I told them to eat it and got my deposit! Shamelessly he tried to make me put the money towards another preorder, a stupid offer I declined of course!

That's bullshit. Futureshop honoured my $39.99 preorder of Infamous and I assume they will do the same for Watch_Dogs and The Division. EB sucks.

Sora_N

Blues1990

Have there been any decent deals for televisions? I was considering getting one, as I'm planning on having a Mario Kart 8 party with a group of friends (as soon as the game is released, that is).

Top Bottom