• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

mdubs

Banned
Fuck me. Ordered but went temporarily out of stock at checkout. I've been waiting to jump on the PS4 for a while. Probably get cancelled.

I'm in for one too. I doubt they'll cancel it, remember when they honoured all those 30% off Xbox Ones back during e3 iirc

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God damnit, it's out of my budget but I ordered it anyways.

Will I be able to trade in the copy of TLoU or is it one of those not for resale things?

iLLmAtlc

put in my order too. iuno i'm pretty sure ive had some resealed shit from amazon before so if they don't fulfill it i wouldn't lose any sleep over it

E: i feel like i've read elsewhere TLOU is a code

zroid

Banned
Tempting as that deal is, it still makes more sense for me to grab a PS4 from Shoppers, combining the 20% senior discount with a 95000 point redemption. I'm pretty close to 95k points.

Also hoping for maybe a future bundle with a game I actually want. :V

Ordered. Had to do a double-take on that price because wtf lol.

Hopefully this isn't a ridiculous situation where they never receive stock of this bundle and it stays in limbo forever.

I don't think so, otherwise it would just say out of stock without the option to add to cart. Temporary so they have to honor it some how.

I don't think so, otherwise it would just say out of stock without the option to add to cart. Temporary so they have to honor it some how.

I figured. Amazon is usually pretty good with that, I was just a little concerned that the order couldn't even predict a shipment window like it usually does.

Will be good to be prepared for PS4 goodness next year.

jptrey06

Bought Watchdogs, controller for ps3 and 3dsXL on the Walmart sale! I really don't need another controller but that camo one is just beautiful.

iLLmAtlc

South Park OOS in around Vancouver and Burnaby and online.

FWIW I find walmart tends to replenish stock during sales. I'll keep an eye out and post if I see it.

kasane

i need to stop going into this since i pretty much miss pricing errors that deliver

but i catch pricing errors that dont deliver

;__;

EB having a weekend flash sale starting tomorrow probably in response to the Walmart sale:
Dualshock 3's $30
50% off select PS4 games (MLB, Knack, Killzone, inFAMOUS)
NHL 15 $60 (Trade 2 with TIV $15+ to get it for free)
360 controller $35

It'll be a little weird at first but after a couple days you'll wonder how you ever survived without one.
It's not that, I just want to get a good plan. Someone was supposed to come with me, but they have to work now. I feel a bit intimidated going by myself. (The reps will probably think it's weird to have to deal with someone who's never had a phone.)

Probably? Did you order one?
No, but I live literally around the corner from two small dealers that both confirmed they'll have it in stock tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
Just this week I upgraded from my 2008 Blackberry (technically still a smartphone but... things have changed... a lot) to a Galaxy S5. It's pretty dope.

Did you preorder it? Because if you didn't then you probably aren't. :p
Where I live the demand for these things aren't as crazy. It's a small, semi-secluded suburb with lots of shops.

It's not hard to go into the local shops and get popular things right off the shelf. (I'll be going early anyway, if I do decide to go.)

Cynar

Where I live the demand for these things aren't as crazy. It's a small, semi-secluded suburb with lots of shops.

It's not hard to go into the local shops and get popular things right off the shelf. (I'll be going early anyway, if I do decide to go.)
I hope you're right and you get one.

I hope you're right and you get one.
If I do go and they are sold out I won't mind that much. I can wait until the demand dies down too. (I've gone this long without a phone, I can wait a bit longer.)

I'm more concerned with getting a good plan. I really don't like the idea of contracts, but if I don't go with one, the price is just too much to justify.

Top Bottom