• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

joecanada

Honestly the CRTC, Rogers, Bell and Telus are the worst part of living in Canada by far and they can all go to hell. Thank goodness for Netflix.

Edit: Also on the PS4 watch, some people on RFD received their orders today already.

hey eastern canada guy, add shaw cable to that list... bunch of dicks seriously... somehow this monopoly is legal... we gotta put a stop to it, it's time.

Meh, this Xbox One deal pales in comparison to the NCIX deal from the Spring.

Xbox One+Kinect for $335 PM'd at Future Shop.

So happy I was able to get one at that price.

mdubs

Banned
Update from someone at RFD regarding the PS4 bundle from Amazon.

Looks like they are honoring it, it'l be a bit of a wait for those of you who ordered. Worth it at that price though.

That's fantastic if the case, I really don't need it any time soon but really happy to have it at that price.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Looking to buy a Wii U. Are there any deals for it currently? $299 is a bit much.

You can get a refurbished one from Nintendo for $199. Some people suggested they could be brand new systems they're trying to unload, perfect condition, etc.

I ordered a 3DS XL from them this week that should arrive next week.

torontoml

Question about Canada Post community mailboxes and packages. According to the tracking I had two packages delivered one on Monday and one on Tuesday. I wasn't around, my landlord checked for his mail some time during the week, said today that he didn't notice a key. I checked today and there definitely wasn't a key in the box to open the parcel compartments.

How long do they leave the key in the mailbox? How can I get my packages?

Oh my landlord wouldn't have taken them.

zroid

Banned
Question about Canada Post community mailboxes and packages. According to the tracking I had two packages delivered one on Monday and one on Tuesday. I wasn't around, my landlord checked for his mail some time during the week, said today that he didn't notice a key. I checked today and there definitely wasn't a key in the box to open the parcel compartments.

I can't speak from experience, but I imagine that if the key were removed from the mailbox by the CP dude, he would remove the package at the same time and take it back to the PO... maybe leave a pick-up slip? Either way they wouldn't leave the package there, so if there's no key, the item is probably gone.

Tapejara

I can't speak from experience, but I imagine that if the key were removed from the mailbox by the CP dude, he would remove the package at the same time and take it back to the PO... maybe leave a pick-up slip? Either way they wouldn't leave the package there, so if there's no key, the item is probably gone.

Actually, I have had it happen to me before where the postal worker would leave the package in the mailbox, but forget to leave me the key. I ended up having to call Canada Post and received the key the following day. I'd say it's worth giving them a call.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, and I mean, regardless of what actually happened, calling CP is probably the right next step here to figure out where the parcel is.

No need to call, you have the tracking information. Paste it into Canada Post's website and you'll see the status and how it has been delivered. If it's at your local PO, the info will say so.

i-Jest

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=79832f9eba46dcd8a7e4479e0cee0264en02

ORAS preorder is up, sorry if this is old.

Kinda sad that Canada is getting shafted probably due to the broken street date of X/Y. I think ORAS releases on 11/21 for everyone else.

It doesn't matter to me really, since pokemon games are the last ones to run out of stock.

Preordered since E3 sales this year. Personally, I'm in no hurry to play the new games. I'm baffled that places in Europe are getting steel book versions but North American retailers aren't offering the same thing.

lupinko

Preordered since E3 sales this year. Personally, I'm in no hurry to play the new games. I'm baffled that places in Europe are getting steel book versions but North American retailers aren't offering the same thing.

Yeah but If you don't play early you'll miss out on the Megastone for Metagross (ie free DLC) and would have to ask someone to trade or clone you one after the distro period.

Lexxism

Kinda sad that Canada is getting shafted probably due to the broken street date of X/Y. I think ORAS releases on 11/21 for everyone else.

It doesn't matter to me really, since pokemon games are the last ones to run out of stock.

The date in FS is wrong. They haven't updated the date. That should be 11/21 and not 11/30.

keakster

Toronto GAF

I have a sealed PS4 Destiny Ghost edition I'm looking to get rid of. Pre-ordered two in case something got cancelled or oversold and then spaced on cancelling. $200, can meet at most subway stops. PM me

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto GAF

I have a sealed PS4 Destiny Ghost edition I'm looking to get rid of. Pre-ordered two in case something got cancelled or oversold and then spaced on cancelling. $200, can meet at most subway stops. PM me
Might want to post this in the BST thread in gaming community and the Toronto thread in OT community as well.

indivisible

Neo Member
Any deals for fifa 15 or is the bestbuy e3 preorder still the best deal? It seems like target gives away a gift card with every new release game lol.

khaaan

I probably missed them all but are there any deals on Gold headsets still going? I'm getting tired of my current headset dropping connection. My other question is if a 4GB 360 is worth it? I don't think there's anything digital that I want and I'm fairly sure I'm not getting a Gold subscription, it's mainly for older exclusives that I missed out on. Is it worth it? Can I plug in an external HDD if I find I need extra space?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody in Montreal went to the Chapters closing sale recently? I wonder if there's still interesting stuff left. How long has it been going on?

oneils

Jumped on the PS4 last of Us deal for 399.

Gonna start this up tomorrow and try out TLOU for the first time.

I'm sure a better deal for the holiday would have come along but eh.

stolin

I never got a Pokemon newsletter, and I'm pretty sure I'm subscribed (last one I got was mid-August).

I sent a support request about not getting the newsletter and how can I now ensure to get the Mega Stone distribution newsletter.

Only got the default Routed to Queue message so far.

We have received your message and a Pokemon Support Representative will respond as soon as possible.

We strive to respond to all inquiries within 48 hours.

http://support.pokemon.com

i soooo want to buy a ps4 now, but i'm waiting for the 1tb hdd plus a custom colour. hopefully there will be something like the dragon quest ps4 for other games..

and i also need a tv for it.

Ryde3

Don't think everyone will be able to replicate this, but wanted to let everyone know that it was possible - Amazon has (had?) the Xbox 1 without Kinect for 350 the past 2 days, and Wal-Mart is giving a 50$ gift card with he Xbox 1 without Kinect, I just managed to get a price match at Wal-mart from Amazon for 350 and they gave me the 50$ gift card so I basically paid 300$... major win and I'm super excited (although it's probably gunna go unused until Halo is out)

I had actually tried one Wal-mart and they said they received an e-mail saying do not price match Amazon this weekend, but the 2nd one I tried (ended up going to an LCBO right next door and thought I'd give it a try, had no problems) Cheers.

So I don't know if it has been posted yet but Best buy is doing a trade in credit promotion towards a new ps4.

I grabbed a last of us ps4 bundle this week for just 360 including tax, by trading in my very old xbox arcade unit (80 dollar credit).

Seems like a good time to buy a ps4 if you have an old console gathering dust.

Don't think everyone will be able to replicate this, but wanted to let everyone know that it was possible - Amazon has (had?) the Xbox 1 without Kinect for 350 the past 2 days, and Wal-Mart is giving a 50$ gift card with he Xbox 1 without Kinect, I just managed to get a price match at Wal-mart from Amazon for 350 and they gave me the 50$ gift card so I basically paid 300$... major win and I'm super excited (although it's probably gunna go unused until Halo is out)

I had actually tried one Wal-mart and they said they received an e-mail saying do not price match Amazon this weekend, but the 2nd one I tried (ended up going to an LCBO right next door and thought I'd give it a try, had no problems) Cheers.

Thats an insane price for a One, good job

stolin

I sent a support request about not getting the newsletter and how can I now ensure to get the Mega Stone distribution newsletter.

Only got the default Routed to Queue message so far.

We have received your message and a Pokemon Support Representative will respond as soon as possible.

We strive to respond to all inquiries within 48 hours.

http://support.pokemon.com

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support.

The September Newsletter with the Mega Stone code is being sent out in batches. Please note that it may take up to a week or longer before all of the newsletters have been sent out. We appreciate your patience!.

Thank you for playing Pokémon!

Sincerely,
Pokémon Support Team

iLLmAtlc

I notice South Park PS3 is showing in stock at walmart when you search it but when you try to add it to cart it says it's out of stock

What's the best place to get PSN/eShop codes online for Canadian systems, where they just email you the code? (As opposed to shipping you the physical card.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think I've found a place that sells cash cards in Canadian currencies online. Maybe Costco, since they email Xbox live codes?

mdubs

Banned
Has anyone had any success at fs/bb price matching using a receipt? I'm going to try using my order confirmation for my Amazon ps4 to price match at best buy tomorrow since some people at rfd did that

Any idea when Amazon usually ship preorders to AB? FIFA is coming out and it's the first big release I'm getting from Amazon, I'm expecting the worst anyway!

you won't get it release week unless you complain and get express upgraded shipping

I complained about the estimated delivery which is a week after release especially since I paid for Prime but as usual with Amazon.ca lately, they don't give a damn about you! All I got was a frozen generic reply about their preorder policy and stock whatever that meant nothing, worse is they were talking about Bayonetta (another game I ordered from them) when my email was about FIFA, after a couple of angry emails from me I just gave up cause they don't care at all! Decided I'm gonna abuse the hell out of them, as much as I can I'll abuse their return policy and probably damage stuff myself before returning it to them!

Sealtest

Be careful abusing return policy and demanding free shipping. I've already gotten a warning that they're going to keep a close eye on my account because ive asked for free shipping a couple of times/returned multiple items and had them fix a couple e3 preorders ( customer service thinks this didn't even exist ) and if I keep doing it they will close my account entirely.

Be careful abusing return policy and demanding free shipping. I've already gotten a warning that they're going to keep a close eye on my account because ive asked for free shipping a couple of times/returned multiple items and had them fix a couple e3 preorders ( customer service thinks this didn't even exist ) and if I keep doing it they will close my account entirely.

Well, they don't give me what I paid for, I paid $79 for Prime only for two day shipping! Last weekend I ordered a phone case and it's not delivered yet! Emailed them and all they offered is to refund me or make a replacemnt order! So basically you pay for a chance to get two day shipping, no commitment on their side that's why they wouldn't compensate for the delayed shipping! Screw that, my experience with the US Amazon has always been superior to this garbage and their customer service is hands down the best I've seen in my life!

Top Bottom