• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

torontoml

Actually, I have had it happen to me before where the postal worker would leave the package in the mailbox, but forget to leave me the key. I ended up having to call Canada Post and received the key the following day. I'd say it's worth giving them a call.
Wish they were going to do that, they want me to get the sellers to start an investigation so that canada post can start one to see if they can put the key back in the mailbox. The woman on the phone said she couldn't even send a message to the local office until they hear from the sellers.

Jinto

Just got a shipping notice from BB for Fifa. I think that's the earliest I've gotten a shipping notice from them. Maybe I'll actually get it on time.

Just got a shipping notice from BB for Fifa. I think that's the earliest I've gotten a shipping notice from them. Maybe I'll actually get it on time.

I usually get shipping notices on Sunday and delivery on Tueaday or Wednesday! I preordered the game on PSN already, using Target credit makes it a pretty decent deal!

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody bought games on Origin using VPN to India or Mexico in the past?

I've done it with Watch_Dogs and Dragon Age without too much issues but I'm pretty sure I used paypal back then.

Trying to buy FC4 right now and I only get CC option, no paypal. Not sure I want to use my CC to buy something in India.

Ryde3

Has anyone had any success at fs/bb price matching using a receipt? I'm going to try using my order confirmation for my Amazon ps4 to price match at best buy tomorrow since some people at rfd did that

I've done it once, price matching Target for Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, but when I went back the following day to try and get a second copy for a friend it didn't work - totally dependant on the CSR you get. (Try and go to the cashier that looks like they don't care lol)

Returners

Did anyone order The Order 1886 Premium Edition?

I can't find the listing anymore on Amazon.ca and ebgames.ca

In other things, any other ways to get the Batman Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition?

Sora_N

seems like it. there might still be some old blue ones out in the wild.

Most of the BB and FS near me are completely sold out and nothing really exists on the shelves lol. This sucks I wanted to pick up a copy for $30 before they only had red cases. I was too late

zroid

Banned
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates those gross cases. Just as bad as the Fr language blobs on Nintendo 3ds games.

I don't think anyone likes them :p

First thing I did when I got MK8 was put it in a blue case. I currently have Wonderful 101 in that red case because I think the cover art works a tad better with it than my other games (but only just).

G17

You can get a refurbished one from Nintendo for $199. Some people suggested they could be brand new systems they're trying to unload, perfect condition, etc.

I ordered a 3DS XL from them this week that should arrive next week.

Thanks! Ordered.

flkraven

Also a good place to post your buy/sell and findings locally in Canada, as well as all the conventions and events happening around your area in Canada

http://gamerscanada.com/

A little disclosure saying that this is your personal site would be a bit more honest next time.

Was anyone able to grab those games at The Source that were on sale? I saw Ryse for $9.96, but it was immediately OOS. Wondering if anyone scored something good. Likewise, what is the cheapest I can find Ryse around for?

shezbot

A little disclosure saying that this is your personal site would be a bit more honest next time.

Was anyone able to grab those games at The Source that were on sale? I saw Ryse for $9.96, but it was immediately OOS. Wondering if anyone scored something good. Likewise, what is the cheapest I can find Ryse around for?

I was able to pickup Resistance Trilogy and Journey for PS3 for $10/each in store. Had some reluctance at first. One game they tried to deny since the rating said, "RP" instead of "M". I had to explain what, "Rating Pending" meant. Good times.

flkraven

In his defence, he does have it in his GAF profile so it's not like he's trying to hide that fact

True, so I guess he gets some points for that. However, he posted a link to a site, mentioning no affiliation, acting like he was recommending it based on experience. The only reason I found the linking suspect was when I noticed the website was a sparse web forum with only 4 or 5 members that have posted.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
In his defence, he does have it in his GAF profile so it's not like he's trying to hide that fact
Doesn't matter, people have been permed in the past for the exact same thing. Want to share your site once or twice? You better say it's yours in the post.

zroid

Banned
Doesn't matter, people have been permed in the past for the exact same thing. Want to share your site once or twice? You better say it's yours in the post.

Agreed, I just felt bad for the dude since everyone was piling on him.

The thing about GAF is if you're upfront about sharing your own stuff, be it games or reviews or whatever, people are more likely to check it out since they feel like it's something made by a fellow community member.

If you aren't upfront about it being your stuff, then it's just going to alienate people since it comes off as trying to use the site as a promotional vehicle rather than from a place of wanting to share with the community.

There is really no downside to honesty here.

vulva

Saying "Hey guys I've put together this site for buy/sell options within Canada. If you're interested maybe you can check it out?" would have made all the difference, imo.

Proto_Man

Neo Member
Hahah sorry guys, I guess I should have worded it better.

Just wanted to share a community that is growing (This started about 2-3 weeks ago) that will try to put all the Canadian related gaming news and community in one place

Just wanted to share a community that is growing (This started about 2-3 weeks ago) that will try to put all the Canadian related gaming news and community in one place

That's not enough! You should sacrifice your soul for the Gods to accept your apology :p

zroid

Banned

No worries :p

GAF is no stranger to astroturfing so people do get suspicious

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I want to buy 3DS, any good deal? I have never bought a DS system before. First time ever, kind of like impulse buy. I commute for work and feel like buying one.

Any tip would be great. Also recommend good games.

Blues1990

I want to buy 3DS, any good deal? I have never bought a DS system before. First time ever, kind of like impulse buy. I commute for work and feel like buying one.

Retail:

-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-Shinobi
-Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Soul Hackers
-SMT4
-Cave Story 3D
-Etrian Odyssey: Legends of the Titan
-Code of Princess

eShop:

-HarmoKnight
-Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
-Mighty Switch Force 1/2
-Azure Striker Gunvolt
-Edge
-Dillon's Rolling Western

Proto_Man

Neo Member

You can pick up the first gen 3DS pretty cheap now, check even craigslist as people are now unloading their gen 1s or just regretting getting a 2DS (It happens) and you can swoop in and get one cheap.

As for games? Depends what you like but there is plenty. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda Link Between Two Worlds, Pokemon X/Y, Super Mario Land 3D and heck Smash Bros is around the corner. All different walks of life, all great games

Also since you commute, you can enjoy the fun of Street Passes and it's little mini games, it's not cutting edge, but it's something to do.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Got my refurbished 3DSXL from Nintendo today. Ordered it on the 16th. Perfect condition, no scratches on it or anything, came with all the stuff it usually comes with. I don't think you can get them for cheaper anywhere.

jholmes

It's a great little piece of hardware with the best current library out there, so yeah, absolutely. I might hold off until the New models come out next year or wait on a Black Friday deal, of which there will certainly be one, but there tends to be a sale on something 3DS somewhere any given weekend.

Not sure what games you're into, but I loved Shovel Knight and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call, and Smash is of course around the corner.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Refurbs from Nintendo. Or Walmart has this deal for a couple more days.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/silver-3ds-xl-bundle-with-mario-luigi-dream-team/6000147728280

Retail:

-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-Shinobi
-Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Soul Hackers
-SMT4
-Cave Story 3D
-Etrian Odyssey: Legends of the Titan
-Code of Princess

eShop:

-HarmoKnight
-Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
-Mighty Switch Force 1/2
-Azure Striker Gunvolt
-Edge
-Dillon's Rolling Western

You can pick up the first gen 3DS pretty cheap now, check even craigslist as people are now unloading their gen 1s or just regretting getting a 2DS (It happens) and you can swoop in and get one cheap.

As for games? Depends what you like but there is plenty. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda Link Between Two Worlds, Pokemon X/Y, Super Mario Land 3D and heck Smash Bros is around the corner. All different walks of life, all great games

Also since you commute, you can enjoy the fun of Street Passes and it's little mini games, it's not cutting edge, but it's something to do.

Got my refurbished 3DSXL from Nintendo today. Ordered it on the 16th. Perfect condition, no scratches on it or anything, came with all the stuff it usually comes with. I don't think you can get them for cheaper anywhere.

It's a great little piece of hardware with the best current library out there, so yeah, absolutely. I might hold off until the New models come out next year or wait on a Black Friday deal, of which there will certainly be one, but there tends to be a sale on something 3DS somewhere any given weekend.

Not sure what games you're into, but I loved Shovel Knight and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call, and Smash is of course around the corner.

Thank you guys, I am thinking of picking up the Walmart one. Its 160$ with a game and refurbished is 135$. Not much different. And yeah I know I should wait for the new 3DS and Boxing day deals but lol now I have made up my mind.

krae_man

Protoman's forum has 75 total posts(40 from him). That's not "Here's a good place to buy/sell/trade your nerd stuffs", it's "help me get my site off the ground". You kind of need to build up a track record before you can expect people to do that.

Top Bottom